“Service is Horriable”

Ranked #21 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Service is Horriable”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is outdated and the service is horriable. Management is rude and always to busy to assist you. I do not recommend anyone staying there. The business center printer never works and you never can speak to a manager. The furniture is falling apart in the rooms and the rooms are dingy my room had a used a condem in the restroom, and management did nothing. Management is horriable the location accross from them is Courtyard they have wonderful service and less expensive

Room Tip: try courtyard or embassy suites next door
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tiffany j
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Tiffany,

I wanted to write and personally apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. This is certainly not the standard we operate by, and I assure you that our Associate and Management team take our guest's experience very seriously. I would like to ask if I can follow up with you via email regarding the incidents you mentioned so I can gather all of the information; including the dates and times this happened so I can address with my team appropriately. We have a number of internal systems that should have prevented these situations from happening, and I truly apologize again that you experienced these challenges during your stay. I can be reached directly at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com at a time convenient for you. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to exceed the expectations for every guest, and we will be taking the appropriate corrective action to ensure this does not happen again.

Lucas Laidlaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is my second stay in this hotel. Both times I came in on a very late flight for an early court appearance the following morning. I chose the hotel for location and to get rewards points. The hotel is solid. Rooms are clean and neat, price is completely fair and everything is what you would want in a Marriott.
Both times I showed up in the middle of the night, Lee Drach was on duty. For a guy working the midnight shift at a hotel near the airport in Columbus, you would think he was a lottery winner. He was the happiest, most upbeat, professional and courteous hotel employee I have ever met. Here is 1 am and he is making this experience simply wonderful. What a decent and wonderful guy. I went from "here I am stuck in Columbus again" to feeling great. If Marriott could clone him, they should.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ohio
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves in a suite when we arrived to celebrate my great-nephew's wedding. It was extremely roomy, clean, and quiet. The bedroom & bath were separated from the "living room", with a door that could be closed for privacy and quiet. It contained a refrigerator & wet bar as well as a T.V.
The restaurant/bar had good food, better than I expect from a motel. We especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet. It was reasonably priced and the food was hot and tasty & could be fixed to order.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I never write these but I just had to warn people. Terrible terrible service, awful restaurant, awful attitude by the restaurant staff, dirty room. Simply the worst experience I've ever had a Marriott. Do not stay here.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Hstark70
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I wanted to write and first apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at our Hotel. Please be assured that we take critical feedback such as this very seriously, and it is my aim to resolve any issues to your satisfaction. If it is convenient for you, I would like to have a chance to hear more about your experience so that I can take the appropriate corrective action and ensure the issues you experienced do not happen again. You can reach me via email at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com. I look forward to hearing from you and I hope you have a great day.

Lucas Laidlaw
Vilvoorde, Belgium
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Typical business hotel, close to the airport with everything you expect from the Marriott chain.
Especially liked the fact that the gym is open 24/7, the swimming pool has more limited opening hours (but still extensive). Breakfast buffet was a bit minimalistic but that was compensated by the different breakfast items you could order as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here 1 night the first night of a long road trip. The room was clean and spacious enough, the guy at the check in desk was very friendly and helpful. We ended up eating dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. The food was pretty good, better than i usually expect from a restaurant hotel. We ended up having the breakfast buffet the next morning which was pretty good as well. Surprisingly you are not able to hear any planes from inside the hotel. Overall Nice Stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed 3 nights for a softball tournament in July. The rooms were clean, as expected, and the beds comfortable. The service was excellent. Our package came with free wi-fi and continental breakfast. Though breakfast was only supposed to be until 9 am, some of our group was running a little late and staff made sure breakfast was made available until 10 for the rest of our group. The hotel is large, with the meeting rooms a little far from the hotel rooms at times, but we got a great rate and excellent service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family