“Nice Hotel / Welcoming Staff”

Columbus Airport Marriott
Ranked #22 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Nice Hotel / Welcoming Staff”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a nice facility, conveniently located just a couple of miles from the Columbus airport (they run a shuttle). The staff was friendly and welcoming - from the bellman driving the van to the front-desk check-in personnel. Lobby is spacious and inviting. The walk from the lobby to the room elevators is a bit long if you're dealing with a lot of luggage (however, if you've got a car, you can park closer). Same floorplan as the Cincinnati North Marriott which, it seems, is owned by the same folks. Overall, a pleasant stay at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Rooms for $150/night for basic, very old rooms. In bad part of town. Could probably get cheap drugs off the street if interested.
Very spread out. Bad for people with disabilities.

Big conference rooms.

Is next to a mcd's and waffle house. Free shuttle runs on time to airport. Have to call to pick up. Free parking for trip.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank buckijz
Wheeling, WV
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Went on a quick overnight getaway and stayed at this hotel. The lobby was beautiful, front desk clerk nice and helpful. Room was also very nice and clean. As was bathroom. It appeared up to date overall. Parking available at no charge. Centrally located to Easton and many other activities. Would definitely stay here again, and would recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chardon, Ohio
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Apparently the environmentally friendly policy at this hotel is to change bed linens every 3rd day- which I understand-I don't change bed linens daily at home. I was upset that during our stay of 2 nights/3 days there was absolutely no housekeeping done in our room at all. No bed making, vacuuming etc. For a hotel of this caliber I wouldn't expect guests to have to make their own beds. We booked for 4 guests but the room only had bath linens for three. We had to request towels both days of our stay. In room wifi access was available for an additional charge of $9.95 per day. Other than the non-existent housekeeping, the staff was extremely attentive and very helpful. Our group (80 + people) unexpectedly had a restaurant cancel our reservation, and the staff helped us throw a pizza party in the lobby next to the fountain.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PatS93
Marion, OH
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Marriott Columbus Airport location. The reason we stayed there was to take advantage of the shuttle services and be closer to the airport for an early morning trip. Everyone was so nice and helpful, including the shuttle driver. As we were checking in, was saw a staff maintenance person in the lobby who asked if he could help us to our room and show us where it was. Above and beyond service!!! We also were upgraded to a corner room, with more space, without even asking. Again, great service! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Very clean too!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I recently stayed here for business for just one night. I came in late on the shuttle tired from traveling and multiple delays out of JFK. It was my first time here since I have recently started working for Limited Brands, and lets just say it was amazing. Armen picked me up from the airport in minutes with a smile on his face and great converstation as the poor guy just listined to me complain about my day. That is what a woman needs after the day I had is just someone to vent to. Upon my arrival he helped me with my bags and introduced me to the gentleman that checked me in. Ryan I think his name was very professional and upbeat. I felt like the queen of the marriott. Well I just want everyone that comes to columbus know that this hotel is a winner and thank you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
London
Reviewed April 1, 2012

It's a business hotel and very convenient for the airport, You are not going to expect anything but the usual formula and this is that, however the team working there managed to make my stay just that little bit special. From front of house, to the waitresses at breakfast the attention was personal but not in your face. The courtesy bus drivers were both particularly good. I have not spent much time in Ohio and I may have just experienced Ohio hospitality, but it was certainly better than you would expect from a business hotel near the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business