“In CMH for Pride Weekend” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square

Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square
Ranked #66 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“In CMH for Pride Weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here for Pride Weekend 2014. The amazing staff made up for the mediocore room and facilites. The location is good, but the complimentary shuttle made it even more convenient. Not every floor has an ice machine and that was a little inconvenient. I felt a little ripped off being charged $10 a night to park...the gates were up the entire weekend, so I'm assuming others could come and go as they pleased without paying the parking fee. I did have breakfast on Sunday morning of my stay. Typical, not so great, breakfast buffett...the biscuits were in the same serving dish as the french toast, which gave them a sweet flavor...not my favorite.

Would I stay here again? Mmmm, not sure...although the really friendly and helpful staff may sway my decision.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear bearclaw6672,

Thank you so much for your feedback. While we are pleased to read that you liked our location, free shuttle, and friendly service. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you may have encountered with the breakfast and ice machine. I hope this incident will not deter from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Rugby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here for one night whilst touring the US on business. A fairly typical Holiday Inn experience but that is just what I wanted so no problem. The check-in staff were particularly friendly. Although car parking is supposed to be $10 the barriers were up when I arrived and left!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This hotel is in need of updating but it has everything you need. The hotel was very clean and our room was also clean. The air conditioner was a little noisy but I like a little white noise so it didn't bother me. We stayed there because we had theater tickets for the Ohio theater and the location was great. It was just a very short walk to restaurants and the theater. I also liked the fact that this hotel had a bar (no food after 10:00) for a drink before retiring for the evening. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had breakfast in their restaurant the next morning......they have a breakfast buffet and menu......everything was very good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear joyfuldog,

Thank you for writing a candid review about your recent stay with us. It’s great to know that our you liked the cleanliness of our hotel and that our location and amenities were convenient for your travel needs. I appreciate the kind words about our friendly staff.

As one of our valued guests, we thank you for all your feedback as this helps us continue to provide superior quality and service, and we welcome any opportunity to improve. We look forward to hosting you again when you return to Columbus.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Heather at the front desk was great. She got us into our room early and we asked for an extra blanket and it was delivered immediately. Room was clean. Breakfast buffet was good. The only negative was the slow tub drain.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Being in the hospitality industry myself I was very pleased with the cleanses of this hotel. I stayed on the 5th floor bathrooms was a little outdated the housekeeper (Sheena) was very helpful with acomadations and servicing the room as well as directions to local restaurants front desk staff (joe) was friendly and very professional everyone I encountered was awsome. I dont know why there is so many negative comments about this hotel.! I would defiantly stay here again.!!

• Stayed May 2014
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Let me start off by saying, there is nothing really wrong with this hotel. I am just used to staying at nicer places. The front desk staff was friendly and semi-knowledgeable in certain aspects. Melvin the maintenance guy was a great help to us locating a cart (no bell staff) so we could lug our luggage to our room. There are only four carts in this 12 floor hotel! The middle-aged blonde bartender is one of their biggest assets. She is definitely the most friendliest and sincere person they have on staff inside the hotel, remembering your name and your favorites after your first visit. The hotel provides shuttle service within the downtown area. Our favorite driver was Otis who never kept me waiting and always made good suggestions on where to eat (do not ask the front desk staff). As for the rooms, I have never stayed at hotels with rooms directly across from the elevator. This option does not work well for a light sleeper. The staff was very responsive to my needs and moved me to a higher level away from the elevator. I my new room, although the carpet was worn in some areas like the room across from the elevator, this room was remodeled. There were raised granite-like counter-tops in the tiny bathroom, shiny tile in the entry way of the room. Although the bathroom was small, it was remodeled nicely. The room contained a frig and a microwave which was pretty convenient. The pool and exercise area was nice but, it was adjacent to the business center. Therefore, the children and swimmers from the pool area had to walk past the executive conference rooms which seemed like an undesirable setup. All-in-all it was a fine stay and a decent value.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the upper level. I believe the lower levels are still being remodeled. If you are...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Tom F, Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
NellieBoo,

Thank you for your comments regarding our facility. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please allow us host your next visit to Columbus, Ohio.

Broderick Cook
Business Development Manager
Williamstown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We arrived around 3:30 and our room wasn't ready but they were very apologetic and went ahead and let us park and got us a room in about 5 minutes. The lobby was nice, as well as the pool area. The room was very clean and comfortable. The grounds were well maintained and the shuttle was very helpful. The hotel is within walking distance of the majority of restaurants and other attractions. The hotel is a lot cheaper than other hotels downtown and is great for the price. I will stay again when I am back in Columbus.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Garrett G
Tom F, Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Garrett G,

Thank you for you review of Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please allow us to host your next visit to Columbus, Ohio!

Broderick Cook