Members of my in-laws family and I have stayed several nights at the Columbus - City Center Holiday Inn, 175 East Town Street, in Columbus, Ohio since 7/17/08. In general, we found the staff to be rude, lazy, and poorly informed. The rooms are generally shabby with stains on the carpets and furniture, patched holes in the wall, doors that do not fit nor close properly, stained ceilings, and peeling wallpaper. One night, one of our party was awakened by water pouring into their room through the ceiling. This required they move from their room to another room at 12 AM. We received a scarcely perfunctory apology for this major inconvenience. Service from the front desk staff can best be described as rude, dismissive, confused and misinformed. Our reservation was booked on the wrong night, by one of their staff, and one staff member, who claimed he was the acting manager, challenged whether we had made a reservation at all. Nor was he particularly cooperative when we insisted that we had booked the room. Only after insisting that he look further did he discover that our room was reserved on the wrong night. We chose to stay at this particular establishment because of it's close proximity to Grant Medical Center where we have a loved one in critical condition, and this particular hotel offers a discount to family members of patients at Grant. Although we spent 3 nights the preceding week at the hospital discount rate at this Holiday Inn and we requested the discount rate when making the reservation, and one of our party has spent 10 nights at this Holiday Inn at the discount rate, the “Acting Manager,” challenged us on the veracity of our claim that we qualified for the discounted rate. He required that we return to the hospital and bring back documentation that we had a family member as a patient at Grant. We did so, and he continued to question the legitimacy of our claim, but decided in his magnanimity to allow us to stay the night at the discount rate. When we mentioned to the “Acting Manager” that we were not required to produce documentation of our family member's status as a patient at Grant for a discount rate stay during the previous week, he said, "Who checked you in, I will have them fired." Then he said; I'm just kidding." We spoke with the staff at Grant Medical Center about the Holiday Inn requiring such documentation from Grant, and were told by the hospital staff that they had never received a request for documentation of a patient's status for the Holiday Inn and that by releasing said information the hospital could be violating state and federal regulations regarding patient privacy. This is the type of welcome we received from the Columbus Holiday Inn staff after spending the entire day in the hospital worrying about a family member. We are very dissatisfied with this establishment and advise anyone to avoid this hotel at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that downtown Columbus has to offer at the convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capitol Square. You are at the heart of everything; shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. You are within a short distance of German Village, Short North Arts District, The Arena District, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets, and the new Huntington Park, home of the Columbus Clippers. We offer a complimentary airport shuttle to get you back and forth to John Glenn International Airport, just 8 miles away. The Capital building, Federal building, Grant Hospital, Children's Hospital, and Nationwide are all less than five minutes away. The hotel is ideally situated whether you are traveling on business or pleasure. The professional and friendly staff of this Columbus hotel is waiting to make your stay away from home as comfortable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square Ohio