I am writing this review from the Holiday Inn using the free wi-fi, and I really can't say better things
- The airport shuttle was quite convenient, but unlike in busier cities you should plan to call for it
- The shuttle drivers will also transport you to local destinations--I think that's just awesome.
- My room is incredibly clean and reasonably sized. I read another reviewer describe it as "dated". I don't know if they have upgraded since then, but I have the exact opposite view. The cherry wood furniture has clean lines and a modern look, my LG flat screen TV is... well, an LG flat screen
- Free wi-fi! I mentioned this before, but it is worth repeating. Many hotels offer free wi-fi in public spaces, but having it in your room is so much nicer.
- The staff is quite friendly. I was able to check in very early and upon request the driver gave me a list destinations AND a mini tour of the area to point out the areas he mentioned.
- The location is in the heart of downtown, so unless you didn't WANT to be in the heart of downtown, this location is perfect! I walked around the corner to a hot dog joint called Dirty Frank's which I recommend.
- I cannot comment on the food because upon my arrival the restaurant was closed. It is open for breakfast and dinner, no lunch.
- This is extremely minor, but when I walked into my room it was absolutely frigid. I turned the heat on and I was a-okay.
Overall, I really could not recommend this place more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that downtown Columbus has to offer at the convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capitol Square. You are at the heart of everything; shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. You are within a short distance of German Village, Short North Arts District, The Arena District, the Greater Columbus Convention Center, Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets, and the new Huntington Park, home of the Columbus Clippers. We offer a complimentary airport shuttle to get you back and forth to John Glenn International Airport, just 8 miles away. The Capital building, Federal building, Grant Hospital, Children's Hospital, and Nationwide are all less than five minutes away. The hotel is ideally situated whether you are traveling on business or pleasure. The professional and friendly staff of this Columbus hotel is waiting to make your stay away from home as comfortable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Columbus Downtown Capital Square Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square Ohio