“It sufficed, staff is great though!”

Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square
Ranked #63 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Pros- staff is friendly and helpful, the shuttle will take you anywhere within 3 miles and pick you up. Traveling alone, this was a big bonus for me! Bed was comfy, and they had a fresh tapped Columbus ipa on draft!

Cons - no cups,or shampoo and conditioner - it seems my room was probably not prepped correctly. Elevators were very slow, and is it really necessary to charge for coffee?

All in all the pros outweigh the Cons and I would probably stay again when the need arises. I would encourage the management to, at the very least, look into the coffee situation.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Grant B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Jamie S,

Thank you for your postive feed back regarding Staff, Shuttle, and Service. We take great pride in our service and work very hard to make each guests stay special. The shuttle is a great perk for all our guest that are looking to take advantage of all Columbus has to offer. I apoligize we did not have your bath amenties in the room upon your arrival and I have already spoke with with the other managers about the coffee. Thank you again for your stay and should you need anything moving forward please let me know.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Okay, so I took my girlfriend to a concert this past weekend at the lifestyles communities pavilion and I decided we could just play it safe by staying at the Holiday Inn because I always stay at Holiday Inn's almost any time I take a trip.

So first off, some reasons why...It was a convenient location, the staff was pleasant, and overall it was clean, which I can always count on.

REASONS TO RECONSIDER...normally parking and "free breakfast" is included in the nightly stay, or at least in all of the Holiday Inn's I stayed at...they charge a $10.00 parking fee which they say you can come and go as much as you please, which to me is a given and not a freebe...hotels are not prisons. I paid $10 extra dollars for free breakfast. For 2 people it was $160 for our stay...too expensive for what we received by far.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Krista C,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay and kind words about our staff and cleanliness of the hotel. I apologize you did not find value you in your stay. We offer the least expensive parking of any hotel in the downtown Columbus by more than $8 per night. We also have a few rates available that included breakfast when at our in house restaurant available both online and at 1-800-465-4329. I hope we have an opportunity to host you again and should you need anything moving forward please let me know.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

One of my sons' was having a procedure done at Nationwide Children's Hospital, so we stayed Thursday & Friday nights. The hotel was very clean & the staff was so helpful and friendly! Our room was on the ninth floor, and we had a nice view of downtown. My only complain was that we never made it to the pool to swim! The pool area was also clean & the pool a decent size. I have already recommend this hotel to friends! :)

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Holiday Inn provides shuttle service to Grant Medical and a discounted room rate for those who have family members there. The staff was terrific - very nice from housekeeping to the front desk to the servers at the bar and restaurant. The room could probably use a little work - the heater made a lot of noise, the bathroom tub has what I would call a permanent bath mat, and it's difficult to get the tub clean around the mat, resulting in a less-than-excellent appearance. The TV is great, but the remote did not work all of the time - I guess the batteries were dying, but the remote is screwed shut, so that disallowed me from watching TV one night when I could not sleep - I didn't want to get up and go to the lobby.

The restaurant was average - breakfast is the best meal - the bar doesn't have a lot of selection, but if you are in the hotel, it is better than nothing.

I would stay here again and I would recommend others who have relatives in the hospital to do so as the staff is so friendly and accommodating. If I were visiting for a purely pleasure trip, I may try elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear FuninPhx71,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the shuttle service.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room condition, bathroom and breakfast selection. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel less than 10hrs unfortunatly I had some issues in my room with the heating unit, and my bathroom sink. However when I called the front desk to report it they were so egar to help and so sorry for the incovience that I had to rate them all 5s. Great job to the Management and Staff!

• Stayed: January 2013
Grant B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Arneda C,

Thank you for your kind words. We take great pride in our customer service and the staff loves seeing reviews like this. Thank you for your stay and should you need anything moving forward we will be happy to assist.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel seemed a bit expensive considering the room was a bit "tired" looking. We did get an upgrade to a small suite that had an attached living room and additional bathroom which was very much appreciated. The bedding was actually quite good - not the best you can get at hotels, but probably better than most in its similar price range/group. Hotel was clean. We encountered 2 staff (one at check in; one at check out) and they were both very friendly and welcoming. The restaurant and lounge didn't look to be that promising since there were only a handful of people at the bar. The location is horrible so we weren't able to walk to any restaurants in the area. Probably would not stay at this hotel due to the location, but I understand they did have shuttle service. We would have still preferred to stay at a hotel with a good location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Grant B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review. The kind words about our bedding and service are much appreciated by the staff considering the pride they take in their jobs. I apologize you were unable to work to the restaurant you desired. The front desk has extensive knowledge of the area attractions including the walkable restaurants and can arrange shuttle to locations a bit further away. Thank you again for your review, we will use the information you provided us to better serve our guests moving forward.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stay here frequently currently at least once a week. My son has leukemia and is treated at Nationwide Children's Hospital. The hotel is located just a few blocks from the hospital. The staff here are wonderful, very courteous and accommodating. If available they always get us a fridge for my sons meds. The rooms are clean and the hotel is quiet. The restaurant is really slow. I will definitely be coming back here. My daughter loves the pool.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Grant B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for your loyalty and the kind words. I have shared your review with the staff and they are very proud they could make your experience a positive one. I have let the restaurant know about your concerns and are working to increase the speed. Thank you again for your kind words it means a lot to our hard working employees.