“Fun place to stay.”

Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square
Ranked #62 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn during a dance competition. It was a very busy weekend for the hotel. Fri. Night people waited long for food in restaurant but we ate before so didn't affect us. Next morning we ate breakfast with ease & great service. The staff was great & with the State employee discount we saved a lot of money. Plus kids eat free at restaurant. Rooms were typical Holiday Inn clean, descent. Will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here mid April 2012 the night before my son was being admitted to the hospital. The staff were all very nice. They got me checked in quickly and took my bags to my room for me while I parked the car. I had a room on the sixth floor and it appeared recently renovated. Nice, large flat screen TV. Two very comfortable beds with a plethora of pillows (soft and hard) to choose from. Bathroom was small but clean. My only complaints would be that the heater was hard to regulate. It got very cold, then very hot, then cold, etc. I would also have preferred if they had a "fan" option on the heater to use as white noise. The street traffic got noisy a few times and the noise from the elevators was a bit much at times.

I didn't go to the restaurant or eat the breakfast so can't comment on those.

It was a nice, clean place to stay in a good location. Would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Clean, comfortable rooms in an older downtown hotel. Staff was friendly and very helpful. I did not eat in the restaurant but I overheard people talking about the meal that they had and that it was good. Check-in was a little slow because there was a group of 6 that was checking in before me.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MagicmanOH
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I have 5 complaints after staying at this hotel.

1. Restaurant service was terrible. It took 10 minutes to be seated and when you walk inside there were at least 10 empty tables. I tried to be quick and eat the buffet but it took 25 minutes and asking the "server" 3 times for my bill.

2. Outlets were stripped/loose. If you need to charge a phone or computer at the same time, good luck. I only had 1 outlet that worked in my room.

3. Refrigerator was missing.

4. Hair dryer button had to be held the entire time and for someone who has a lot of hair, it wasn't convenient.

5. Lack of counter space in bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Dear Lindsey D,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service in our restaurant which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Older hotel, good room, comfortable bed, friendly staff. Dinner at the bar was nice, good food decent prices. Room needs more outlets, specifically I had to crawl on the floor and look behind the drapes to find a plug in (1 outlet), then you have to move the bed to plug a phone in at night.

Breakfast food was good, waitress was scarce. Waited 15 minutes to order coffee and be told I could just go up and get the buffet. Came back to the table with a coffee carafe on it, and did not see the waitress again until I was asking for the bill. My room rate included a breakfast coupon, I tried to give it to the waitress and she just said instructions are on the coupon? I'm not sure if she was also working in the kitchen area, or where she was at, but she was not on the floor much.

Room Tip: I got a room that wrapped around behind the elevators, and thought it was going to be a long night...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank IndyTravelerX
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was ok. It's an older hotel, but the rooms were clean. We were in a king executive room which was HUGE but the bathroom was so tiny and there was no mini-fridge. We paid a little extra when we booked for this room assuming it would have some ugraded amenities, but that wasn't the case. We had to leave early on Sun morning to get back home and we were in a hurry so I just stopped downstairs on the way out to grab a cup of coffee and they didn't have anything because the breakfast place wasn't open. We had lunch there in the afternoon - very basic menu, but the food was decent. You can only get food during certain hours though. The fitness center is nice and the pool looked great, but no hot tub which was disappointing. Parking is $10.00/day which is kind of crazy considering it's just a big open lot.

The service here was amazing though - everyone from the front desk to the dining staff was so nice and helpful. They had a hotel shuttle that is free with in 3 miles of the hotel. We were able to check in early with no problems.

Overall decent hotel - very basic, but clean and nice staff which is always important.

Room Tip: Don't pay for an upgraded room - there are no extra amenities to make it worthwhile. Request aw...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M_Boyd
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed here 15 or 20 times including today February 22. They're trying to do what they can by refreshing the entire structure starting with the lobby area. They're doing a reasonable job and at their business rate it's a pretty good deal in the downtown area especially when you consider that parking is included. I had a room on the sixth floor that had been updated with new windows, new carpeting and wallcoverings. They didn't do a lot with the bathroom but it is at least serviceable. I will be back again because you just can't beat the convenience.
My only negative – – don't eat in the restaurant. I've had dinner there twice because I didn't learn the first time.

Room Tip: The even-numbered rooms on the north side of the building, especially the higher levels of a reasona...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business