Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square
$119
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
$136
All reviewsthe holiday innchildren's hospitalmedical centersmall bathroomcapitol squarenice indoor pooldecent hotelan older hotelhotel shuttlehotel restaurantfree shuttleexercise roomwater pressureunder constructionone night stayohio stateup to date
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Simple/old rooms but plenty of space. Nice location, right by the Greyhound, good parking, easy to reach downtown Columbus on foot. Friendly staff. Great value for money.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2011

First, too expensive. Second, terrible service from room service and the resturant downstairs. On the menu in the hotel it says the resturant is open for lunch, but when I went down there for lunch they said they were closed. Then they said they were closed for room service too then! But all of a sudden they took my order and sent some food up. I am preg. so I needed to eat, and there was nothing open on the weekend down town there, not even Subway! First time to that city and I will not be going back. I was only there for a wedding I had to go to. The second night we were there, no parking spaces could be found, woken up Sunday morning to loud music in the streets and some marathon going on, super crowded, luckily we left that day. But I was forced to give the room service a tip!! After they were rude to me on the phone. Stay elsewere if you have to go to this city. Didn't care for the city ither, nothing was open on the weekdends.

Room Tip: Expect to pay 10.00 a day for parking. The "quiet" floor is the 12th.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We set up a block of rooms for our daughter's wedding, with family coming from all over the country. Problems started the first night, when they kept one family member waiting for over 2 hours because they couldn't get his door open (but refused to give him a different room!). This was followed by horribly slow service the next morning at breakfast, compounded by an extremely rude server (when questioned as to why breakfast was taking over 30 minutes to get to the table - she actually scolded my sister and said she should have gotten the buffet!). Then, the hotel failed to schedule our daughter's wedding for the shuttle service (one saving grace was the shuttle driver), and rudely blamed our daughter instead of taking responsiblity for their oversight. Followed by 4 family members being woken up at 9am (check-out wasn't til 11am) the morning after the reception by rude housekeepers, wanting to know when they were leaving because the housekeepers needed to clean the room. Then, more problems at breakfast - only worse. Understaffed, poor quality, and rude servers. Makes the mold in the tub seem trivial, after the horrible customer service challenges. Never again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Friendly check in staff gave me my priority club goodie bag with M&Ms and Chips, along with a discount coupon for the restaurant. Since there was no one eating dinner in there I decided to pass on that. Breakfast was good, no buffet on the morning I was there, but the eggs and coffee were hot and they give you a to go cup. Rooms are clean and standard for Holiday Inn. Location is good for the government operations and parking is included.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank wbdog50
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Overall, the room was nice and the service was good enough. The hotel is in what could be a good location, but it seems that virtually everything closes early. I couldn't find a place to eat outside of the hotel that was open after 8pm within walking distance of the hotel. This may be a function of Columbus as much as this hotel, but I picked a central, downtown hotel because I could walk to things. I just didn't expect everything to be closed.

When checkin in I was given a coupon for a discount for food which was nice. I tried to use it for breakfast since I had to leave early for work in the area. There were two couples already eating when I came down, but I couldn't find any employees in the restaurant. I waited for a bit at the "please wait to be seated" sign, and then just wandered the fairly small restaurant to see if I could find someone. Nope. No one. After a few more minutes I gave up and ate on the road. This reduced the value of the coupons fairly substantially in my mind and, sadly, my overall experience with them.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business