“Biggest Disappointment in Columbus”

Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington
Ranked #84 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have gotten this hotel many times through Priceline bids and it is always a disappointment. Even with some so-called remodeling, the decor is cheap and unattractive. Room amenities, bed linens, towels, furnishings, etc. are cheap and more appropriate for a much lower star level. General cleanliness in the rooms and public areas is below acceptable. Noise from the interstate was loud. There was snow and ice during my stay and very little attention was given to snow removal and safety. Parking is always a problem due to hotel events. I have never eaten in the restaurant as it is highly overpriced. There is very little in the way of restaurants near the hotel. The staff was polite but not especially friendly or warm.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank girlwithmap1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear girlwithmap1,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering a world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stay at this hotel every time we are in the area. It has superb rooms, pool, and jacuzzi, and the breakfast buffet is superb. The staff does everything to accommodate our every need. It is quiet and relaxing and close to everything we needed. They offer shuttle service to anywhere you need to go.

Room Tip: I love the King rooms on the upper floors. quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lynnewinne
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed during a group event. Hotel location is easy to find and area feels safe. Room was clean and comfortable. Air conditioner was a bit noisy but no more than most places we have stayed. Meals were good. Staff were friendly and helpful. Lots of shopping within easy driving distance. Good stay overall and would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Had a nice stay at the Crowne Plaza. Room was very clean, and furniture and bedding was up-to-date. The parking area, lobby and hallways were all well lit and clean. The hotel is located within an office park and seemed very safe. Our stay was on a Friday night and the hotel was busy, but we didn't hear any noise from our room. We were also on the side of the hotel that faces the interstate; however, we didn't hear any road noise. The staff were all very friendly, professional and helpful. Would recommend this hotel; especially, if you get a good deal on the room rate which we were able to do on Priceline.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight for business. They provided a large meeting room which was nice except for the air kicking on a lot and it was very loud.. I had a king size bed room and it appeared old and needing updated. Slept Like crap...bed needed updated too. Food provided by the hotel was very good. I didn't eat much as was dieting so can't say about cheesecake but it looked great. Hotel also provided snacks during our meetings. Fresh fruits coffee cookies pretzels and chips. Towards end of day bar just outside our meeting room popped popcorn and it smelled amazing!! Check in and out very smooth and professional. Just wish the hotel was updated more. Needs refrigs in room and microwaves. Better beds. Restrooms were way too far away from Buckeye room. Believe me....its a long walk back and forth when you are in a meeting all day and you have to get up and walk that path a lot. updated also Food was provided by the hotel

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cinderella1106
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear cinderella1106,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We are pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. We appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I do not know how this hotel has 3 1/2 stars. The sheets are thin. The room is dirty. There are dead bugs in the lights. Turned on bedside lamp and dust bunnies fell on my hand. Noisy from freeway. Front desk personnel seemed scattered and slow. Don't usually use Crowne Plaza, but booked two nights here on star recommendation while visiting family. Sigh. There are much better hotels close by. No need to bother with this place.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank TakingATripToday
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were very disappointed and that we fell short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from the Crowne Plaza brand. I truly apologize, and I can assure you that I will definitely utilize your review to the improve the overall guest experience.

Steve

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I asked for a room on the ground floor in my reservation made 6 months in advance. When I arrived, the room was as far away from the doors as it could be. My room was in the middle of a convention where all the rooms except mine were open and the hallways were full of loud people. I couldn't get in or out with moving thru crowds. They wanted to charge me to use the internet and I had to call twice to get a code. never did get it to connect. The bed was broken down on the end where it had been sat upon so much, that you slipped off it if you wanted to put your shoes on. The air conditioner/heater unit made so much noise, I had to turn it off to make phone calls, watch TV and sleep. Although while it was running, I didn't notice the people partying in the hall. The bathroom was hardly big enough to turn around in. Both the sink and tub were dripping and the tub had water standing in it. Oh, the coffeemaker still had someones old coffee grounds in it!! The weight room was one of the better equipped I have seen and was the only thing I remotely liked. Yes there was a pool, but the ambient temperature was about 45F and too cold to get in. I was not impressed with the staff at the front desk, they were not friendly or helpful. Oh and no breakfast bar either. My experience at this hotel was bad enough, I checked out early the next morning and went elsewhere for the rest of the week.

Room Tip: ask for one nearest the door.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very sorry that we did not live up to your expectation during your stay. We fell short of delevering the quality stay that we normally do. We have addressed the issues with the appropriate departments to ensure corrective action is taken. Thank you again for your comments and for being our guest.

Steve