“Very nice!”

Ranked #98 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, United States
“Very nice!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a very nice hotel for the price! They have a lovely pool and hot tub area. I've stayed in their standard king rooms- They are very clean and comfortable. The hotel is close enough to I-71 and I-270 but just far enough away so it's still quiet.
Staff is nice, check-in is easy & the front desk staff is professional. Almost overly efficient, haha, not that I'm complaining just wish you girls would talk a bit more.
I enjoy my stays here and will keep coming back. Keep up the good work, Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The guest services at this hotel are very considerate and helpful. An upgrade was offered for our room and this hotel is CLEAN and nice. There are several restaurants nearby and we enjoyed our first stay so much that we have returned when traveling through this area. We are seasoned Marriott guests. We love, love, love their rewards program.

Room Tip: Being nice to the front desk staff usually gets NICE back. If they CAN upgrade or change their room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
washington wv
Reviewed September 11, 2013

First off with the bad. I am a well seasoned Priceline traveler and almost always save 50-65% on every hotel I book. I am fully aware that bedding accomodations are not guaranteed through priceline. I go to check in and the lady at the front desk Katie said we have you in two double beds and was not willing to even look to see if a king bed was available so I took the room key and headed for the local Giant Eagle. The more I thought about the bad service I received from Katie the madder I got. I decided to call the hotel from the Giant Eagle parking lot and asked for the manager. I was transfered to Joy the manager on duty and explained the situation. Again Im very aware that bedding requests are not guaranteed. Low and behold magically a king room was available. A big thanks to Joy for helping me out with that request.

The hotel was very nice with a pull out sofa. The bed was very comfy and the room was very clean. I was very impressed with the rooms. The only complaint I have is only a select number of rooms come with a microwave and fridge. I have never stayed in a 3.5* hotel with no microwave. Luckily my room did have a fridge. I would definitely stay here again. I was able to get this room through priceline for $46 a night versus the hotels advertised price of $102 and I decided to stay another night on Sep 8 and was able to get the 3rd night for $42. The hotel website advertised the same room for $124. Take advantage of these deals this hotel is rarely even close to capacity.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 9, 2013

First off I booked this hotel by blind booking. I wasn't sure what I was going to get, but much to my surprise this was a great hotel for the price point. The bed was comfy, room was well maintained. Smelled clean. I'm big on smells. It wasn't far from local restaurants and close to freeways. You could get anywhere quickly. The staff were pleasant and very accommodating. I enjoyed the fact that I didn't have to venture off into the downtown area to find comfort. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the staff and quality rooms at the Crowne Plaza Columbus North. It is always our goal to provide our guests with a wonderful stay and I am so pleased to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you and we hope to see you again very soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We booked the hotel through priceline´s express deals and got a really good price for one night. We didn´t know what to expect, but from the moment we arrived until we left, everything went great. The staff at the front desk were very nice and they gave us the choice of a room with a King or two double beds. The room was very well kept and clean, with modern decoration and furniture. They offer different types of breakfast but didn´t stay there, so cannot comment on that, but at least you know you have the choice. It was a wonderful experience and even felt better for the really low price we paid. We would go back there anytime and would recommend it to anybody.

Flint, mi
Reviewed September 9, 2013

There are two classes of guests at this hotel:

A. The cheap "Priceline Guest"

B. The "Pay full price and get perks Guest"

I enjoyed being a Priceline guest.

The room you get for bidding below $50 is fairly basic. You don't get a refrigerator, microwave or free breakfast or free WiFi.

What you DO get is a comfortable, standard size room with a comfortable bed (most important to me). The furnishings are good (the chairs are comfortable). You won't have to get on your hands and knees to find electrical outlets for your computer or Cpap. The soaps and lotions in the bathroom are of a higher quality. You are provided a countertop "make-up" mirror. There is an ironing board and iron in the closet. You also get a coffee-maker on the desk. The tv is a newer flatscreen type with a good amount of channels (Including 2 HBO channels).

When you think about it... this place isn't really "no-frills" at all, even when you do go the Priceline route.

Here are a couple tips you can try to enhance your experience:

The "Guest services directory" that comes in the room mentions free high-speed internet in every room. Since the words "free" and "in-room" are mentioned, take your directory to the front desk and point this out. You might be able to convince them to get a free Wi-Fi password. After a bit of arguing this point, I was able to do this.

No refrigerator? No problem! If you bring beverages in 12 oz. cans... try this trick. The HVAC unit in my room was configured with the air filters in front of the vents (which lift upwards). You can rest your cans over the vents by lifting the filter screen up about an inch. The fast-rushing chilled air will cool your beverages quickly.

One last note.

Don't be fooled by the photos to think that this hotel is on a lake. Nope. That is a drainage pond which is wedged between the expressway and this hotel. Do yourself a favor and look at Google or Bing Maps aerial images.

Would I recommend staying here? Absolutely! For the price of the one-star motels just down the road, you can enjoy a peaceful rest.

Room Tip: Inner courtyard rooms have less expressway noise and a nicer view.
1 Thank flintjarvis
Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed two nights over Labor Day weekend visiting family in Columbus. Accessing events & attractions near OSU was very easy using I-71 or 315. Like several others, we were alittle concerned about negative reviews. But considering the bargain price we found it to be a great place to stay. We requested an inside (courtyard) room on an upper floor and had absolutely no noise issues. All staffers were pleasant & helpful. Had breakfast buffet on Sunday--delicious! Bathrooms on the small side but clean & well-stocked. Only one criticism: pool & courtyard area needed repair & maintainence & indoor portion was downright COLD. Exercise room very new & clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank amstutz
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Columbus North. We truely appreciate your comments and thank you for staying with us. We recently completed a large renovation of the building and the interior and exterior pool area will be next. They both should be completed before the end of the year. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels take you back to Columbus and thank you again for being our guest!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
#39 of 143 in Columbus
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Courtyard Columbus Worthington

Been to Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington? Share your experiences!