“Low end of the list for Crown Plazas”

Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington
Ranked #89 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at his Crown Plaza for a convention this past week. The hotel was clean and the rooms were clean and neat. What I did not expect was a $8.95 per day charge for Wi-Fi... I can go to Super 8 motels and get that for free and pay MUCH less for the room. They also wanted $10.00 per day for a refrigerator in the room..!!!! This is absurd. The restaurant was decent, we had good dinners there and the breakfast buffet was also decent. I inquired about the smoked salmon being missing on Saturday and Sunday and was told "we don't serve the salmon of the weekends". On a scale of 1-10...this place is average. They management is cheap and they try to milk every nickel out of the guests.
Would I stay there again...NO

Room Tip: check other hotels, you can do better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear jjk1944,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. It is pleasant to know you found our clean hotel commendable. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we strive to provide competitive rates within the area. I'm deeply sorry that we fell below your expectations particularly with the rates you encountered. I have noted you valuable comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Zelyn N

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The property is good and well maintained. The bed is comfortable and clean. Wifi is decent. But the biggest issue is, a very rule book driven front desk not willing to accommodate even a 2 hour delay in check out (2PM). I had to check in at 3am and check out at 6am - still ended up paying 140$ for those three hours, as 2PM check out was not allowed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear premwilson,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. I’m glad you found the hotel to your liking, it’s always nice to hear we are getting it right. I apologize for the inconvenience your request of late check-out may have caused. As much as we want to grant your request, if the hotel is sold out and busy then it is unfortunate that we wont be able to grant you your late check-out request. Nevertheless, I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your comments will be forwarded to the departments concerned to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice room but not clean. Very dusty and bed sheet had stains. Coffee maker was dusty and dirty, not that I would drink from it but I look at it to get an idea how well kept the room is. Good thing we went on Priceline. I would be disappointed even more had I paid full price.

• Stayed: April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear mitTons,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant and on this occasion, I apologize for the disappointment you had with the cleanliness in the room. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Columbus you will give our hotel another try.

Karen C

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My daughter and I were coming to Columbus to shop for a prom dress. Got a great price for this property on Priceline. We were close to the shop we wanted to go to. We left the hotel at 715 pm and by 8 we had a dress purchased. the walls are a bit thin . When we checked in we could hear the whole conversation of the couple next door. We didn't say anything about it at the time as we were going out and figured they would quit down later. We arrived back later and the couple was still talking and playing their music. I could understand their conversation and could have joined in. We called the desk and they graciously and immediately gave us another room, on a different floor. I was very graateful for this as I had broken my humerus 10 days before and was having problems sleeping. INfact that was my first night back in a bed having slept in a recliner for the prior 10 days. It was very quit and had no further problems. this hotel is located right in the middle of Anhauser Bush complex and you do smell the hops when you are outside. But it isn't a bother.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank momthree
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights to attend a convention of about 130 people. We had an good room with an exceptionally comfortable bed. Everything was clean and in perfect repair. The room was a good size and had plenty of closet and storage space. The lighting was typically poor. The only other complaint was that there was only one chair in the room and it wasn't very comfortable.

The convention facilities good and the service was attentive and helpful. We had 3 group meals there and they were all better quality food than usual and the wait-staff was outstanding. We also had a couple of meals at the in-hotel restuarant - good food outstanding service.

One complaint - internet service is not free. We had a special deal which included internet service with the room charge, but otherwise we would have had to pay an outrageous fee. Why is it that every budget hotel provides free internet, but the convention hotels rip you off? Partially offsetting this is their nice business center with (free) printing.

I intend to stay here again whenever I'm in Columbus, though the high charge for internet might make me change my mind..

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard - very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here for a girl's birthday celebration with my sister and earned some nice bonus points with Priority Club in the bargain.
The hotel was in the midst of some renovations, but that did not impact our stay whatsoever.
Our room was spacious and clean.
The "Club Room" offered a delightful breakfast - much better than I've experienced at other hotels. There were also evening offerings with an honor bar - again very nice.
All the staff were very friendly & accommodating. They gave us some great tips for local shopping & sightseeing.
We had dinner at the nearby Texas de Brazil one night (based on the recommendation of one of the staff) & came back stuffed to the gills!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Got a deal on Priceline, they always seem to have a deal here. I have stayed half a dozen times in 3 years. The hotel is ok just dated, little things in each room need that extra step, light out in bathroom, sheet with hole, fridge and microwave lots of scuffs and scratches. I think there may be more up to date rooms somewhere reading the other reviews, but I never made it into them. Staff is friendly but I don't use them for much. Hotel also is in very poor location.

1  Thank FiremanHokie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear BuckeyeHokie,

Thank you for your review and for your most recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the room conditions. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#52 of 145 in Columbus
Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Courtyard Columbus Worthington
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington

Been to Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington? Share your experiences!