“Great for a short stay”

Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington
Ranked #83 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for the night. We did the name your price deal on priceline and got a king size room for only $75 here (comparable hotels in the area were $120). After reading the reviews we got a bit nervous do to people saying how the area was unsafe and that the place was very outdated. We were surprised when we arrived because the area inst bad at all, its actually in a nice business park type area and we thought the overall look and decor was pretty nice. The people at the counter were very nice and also helpful. Room was clean and better than I was expecting.
Downsides to this hotel is that tho it is very close to the highway which made it easy for travel... its VERY close to the highway and you can here the trucks driving by at times. Also the comforter on the bed has stains on it. In my book if something has large stains then regardless of whether it was washed, you shouldn't put it back on the bed.
For us it was worth the money and very convenient to get back onto the highway n get to the Columbus zoo.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian J
Daniel O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

I like to think it is Great for a long stay as well, I hope you get that chance sometime soon. You are right about the bed linen and I appreciate the heads up.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Clean room, generally helpful staff, HBO, serviceable restaurant. About what you'd expect from a place like this. For breakfast, I skipped the buffet and got the fruit plate instead, which had a good serving of fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better - away from the Interstate noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

It sounds like you appreciate the basics being done well, I'm glad you were satisfied.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I am only staying here as I have an Industry Event to attend here in the morning. Lobby looks nice enough and I think the Ballroom will be sufficient. Hallway to room smells musty, furnishings are dated. ordered room service. Spinach salad. spinach is wilted, dressing is bland and bread is stale.

1  Thank 10dhmh01

I hope the event in the Ballroom proved successful and appreciate the feedback regarding Room Service. Thank you.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

With the somewhat mixed bag of reviews, I wasn't particularly optimistic going in. However, I found this hotel to be simply excellent. The room was clean, bed very comfortable (best night of sleep I had gotten in a while), and room service was both fast and delicious. Very fast internet with download speeds around 1Mb/sec. I got a late start in the morning, but the front desk had no problem extending my checkout by 2 hours. Every member of the staff was friendly and efficient. I will definitely be staying here the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thanks...sometimes the reviews can be conflicting but you judged for yourself and I am delighted you were so pleased. See you next time.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

A short distance from the highway, the hotel was pleasant and the staff friendly. This hotel is not particularly convenient to anything but a short drive will take you to stores and restaurants. Downtown Columbus was 20-30 minutes. A fairly large hotel with only two elevators there can be a wait at times. Our room was fine although the maintenance was so-so.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I pleased you appreciated our central location....we truly are only a few minutes from the many dining, shopping, sports, and entertainment venues that Central Ohio has to offer. Just for reference on your next visit, which we hope is soon, there is an additional elevator at the opposite end of the hall.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Upon arrival, we were greated very warmly even though we booked with an internet discounter. Room was very clean with enough space and up to date decor. The hotel itself may be a bit dated as you can tell by the vanity and shower unit, however, other than that it seemed modern. We had a nice refrigerator in our room with a functional freezer. Their exercise equipment is all Precor and in good working condition. Indoor/outdoor pool looked very clean and outside areas well kept.

The bed wasn't exactly the most comfortable, a bit on the hard side. We had breakfast in the morning and had the buffet which was actually very good. Really impressed with the gravy and biscuits, probably the best I ever had and I'm pretty picky. The location is close to the Budweiser plant and other office buildings. We felt completely safe in the neighborhood and it was nice that the traffic around the hotel is light on the weekends. There is a little walking path that goes around 2 ponds and an office building that was a nice treat. Would definitely stay here again.

The only drawback is that it isn't in the "loop" around where the nicer restaurants are or the Winking Lizard area, but it was only about 2-3 miles away. Overall a very good experience and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for the comments and I'm pleased you enjoyed the new all-Precor fitness center and found everything to be clean and spacious. The mattresses are also new, and the new vanities are coming soon. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel is pretty good - nice rooms and I didn't hear much noise at night. The rooms do show some wear and tear - the plastic outlet covers in my room were broken in half on some of the outlets. The restaurant food was very good for the price (not too expensive) though the service was a little slow. Levi Schmidt, who was manager at the front desk as I was checking out, deserves special mention. He drove myself and my coworker to the airport so that we could make our flight when the shuttle service had some issue. Thanks for going above and beyond.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I'm very pleased that Levi was able to come to the rescue. See you again soon I hope.