“here on business”

Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington
Ranked #92 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I am only staying here as I have an Industry Event to attend here in the morning. Lobby looks nice enough and I think the Ballroom will be sufficient. Hallway to room smells musty, furnishings are dated. ordered room service. Spinach salad. spinach is wilted, dressing is bland and bread is stale.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 10dhmh01
Daniel O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

I hope the event in the Ballroom proved successful and appreciate the feedback regarding Room Service. Thank you.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

With the somewhat mixed bag of reviews, I wasn't particularly optimistic going in. However, I found this hotel to be simply excellent. The room was clean, bed very comfortable (best night of sleep I had gotten in a while), and room service was both fast and delicious. Very fast internet with download speeds around 1Mb/sec. I got a late start in the morning, but the front desk had no problem extending my checkout by 2 hours. Every member of the staff was friendly and efficient. I will definitely be staying here the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thanks...sometimes the reviews can be conflicting but you judged for yourself and I am delighted you were so pleased. See you next time.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

A short distance from the highway, the hotel was pleasant and the staff friendly. This hotel is not particularly convenient to anything but a short drive will take you to stores and restaurants. Downtown Columbus was 20-30 minutes. A fairly large hotel with only two elevators there can be a wait at times. Our room was fine although the maintenance was so-so.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I pleased you appreciated our central location....we truly are only a few minutes from the many dining, shopping, sports, and entertainment venues that Central Ohio has to offer. Just for reference on your next visit, which we hope is soon, there is an additional elevator at the opposite end of the hall.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Upon arrival, we were greated very warmly even though we booked with an internet discounter. Room was very clean with enough space and up to date decor. The hotel itself may be a bit dated as you can tell by the vanity and shower unit, however, other than that it seemed modern. We had a nice refrigerator in our room with a functional freezer. Their exercise equipment is all Precor and in good working condition. Indoor/outdoor pool looked very clean and outside areas well kept.

The bed wasn't exactly the most comfortable, a bit on the hard side. We had breakfast in the morning and had the buffet which was actually very good. Really impressed with the gravy and biscuits, probably the best I ever had and I'm pretty picky. The location is close to the Budweiser plant and other office buildings. We felt completely safe in the neighborhood and it was nice that the traffic around the hotel is light on the weekends. There is a little walking path that goes around 2 ponds and an office building that was a nice treat. Would definitely stay here again.

The only drawback is that it isn't in the "loop" around where the nicer restaurants are or the Winking Lizard area, but it was only about 2-3 miles away. Overall a very good experience and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for the comments and I'm pleased you enjoyed the new all-Precor fitness center and found everything to be clean and spacious. The mattresses are also new, and the new vanities are coming soon. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel is pretty good - nice rooms and I didn't hear much noise at night. The rooms do show some wear and tear - the plastic outlet covers in my room were broken in half on some of the outlets. The restaurant food was very good for the price (not too expensive) though the service was a little slow. Levi Schmidt, who was manager at the front desk as I was checking out, deserves special mention. He drove myself and my coworker to the airport so that we could make our flight when the shuttle service had some issue. Thanks for going above and beyond.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I'm very pleased that Levi was able to come to the rescue. See you again soon I hope.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

One of the first reactions that I got from a friend when I told him that I would be staying in this hotel was "be careful and don't walk around in the night". Apparently this hotel is not in the best of the neighborhood. So if you are staying here and have a vehicle its good. The hotel has a shuttle that you need to request for to travel to surrounding areas which is good. It does not have any dining place that you can walk to around but has a restaurant that is ok to eat situated in the hotel.

Rooms were clean and they were apparently replacing the mattresses when I stayed for 2 nights in August 2012. I got a good price on Priceline and hence choose to stay at this place. Overall was good experience considering what I paid thru Priceline. Hotel has a gym with functioning basic equipment and saw kids having fun in the pool so I guess it was good.

Room Tip: Need a vehicle to go around or use the hotel shuttle service
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to comment. While we are happy to offer complimentary shuttle service, having a car is absolutely the best way to enjoy all of the amenities that Central Ohio has to offer.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

As other reviewer pointed out, this hotel was overrated. It has to be lower than 3 stars, two maybe. There is no way this hotel meets the Crown Plaza standards that I know. The size of room wasn’t too bad but the bedding, mattress, bathroom and other things are so outdated that even though house cleaning is done properly it can’t be justified. Well, if there isn’t much hotel can do about the aged building then one thing they can do and have a control over is the customer service. Kind service can overcome a lot of things. Unfortunately that’s not what we were experienced. Seven couple made weekend gateway golf trip in Dublin, Ohio. We booked a room via Travelocity. It was a deal that you don’t know the hotel until you book it. Once the hotel name was revealed we selected the room type, king size bed. It got booked and confirmed. When we checked in the room, it had two double beds. We went back to the front desk and asked about our reservation. The lady at the front desk, Ashely S. wasn’t even look its availability and told us that they were out of the king size bed room. We told her we booked king size bed and she told us, “If you book it via 3rd party then nothing will be guaranteed.” What? Are you serious? We told her that we know it was available two minutes ago, only then she gave us the king size bed room very unwillingly, trust me her attitude expressed enough how she feels about this like pounding countertop when she took the key, etc, and adding, “We are not supposed to change the room…”??? We were standing feeling as if we begged for a free room and she was doing our favor? Was I supposed to be just grateful that you gave us a room because we booked it via 3rd party??? This hotel seriously needs better management. It runs and acts like a motel or inn. What a disappointment…

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank d0rand0ran

You are 100% correct that every guest deserves excellent customer service no matter what the circumstances. And we are in the process of renovations so many of the specific items you noted are in the process of being upgraded. All mattresses were replaced recently so I am a little perplexed by that part of your experience. I will be following up on each point, thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Worthington
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#52 of 144 in Columbus
Residence Inn Columbus Worthington
Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington

Been to Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington? Share your experiences!