“Well Done!”

Ranked #91 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Well Done!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was a very enjoyable hotel experience. The hotel seems well maintained. The staff are friendly. We were there for a meeting that took over most of the hotel's public spaces, and the hotel did everything needed to accommodate our people. The only drawback is that there are no retail, drug or food estrablishments within easy walking distance--except for the Budweiser plant that offers tours close by.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Daniel O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
We appreciate your kindness. We are always happy to offer a complimentary ride to and from the several drug and food options about 1 mile away, it definitely beats walking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We recently spent 7 days at this great hotel. The staff was one of the friendliest we have ever encountered.
The room was comfortable and clean. The restaurant was affordable and had a nice selection. we travel to 7-8 conventions like this each year and have done it for over 40 years. This was perhaps the most friendly and attentive staff we have ever come across.
I see where stuart r has written a negative review. I know this professional victim personally and can tell you that he never has anything good to say about pretty much anything.
As for problems he had I would be willing to bet he did not contact the staff or they would have bent over backwards to fix it.
Also the review about the area being unsafe. It is in an industrial park surrounded by other businesses. I would highly doubt that it is a high crime area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your supportive comments and highlighting the friendliness of the staff. We plan to avoid problems, but we will bend over backwards to fix those that slip by. It's what you deserve. Thanks.
Troy, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We participated in a weeklong convention at this hotel. The facility was clean. We slept well on a new mattress. The location was a bit hard to navigate to but the directions on their web site were perfect. The grounds were well cared for with beautiful flower beds. Christino's, the hotel restaurant, was a big surprise with wonderful food at reasonable prices. The convention staff was exceptional following through with any request quickly and efficiently. They worked very hard and did all they could to make the convention run smoothly. nancya

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sounds like you had the experience you deserve. I appreciate you taking the time to share. I will make sure to pass on your kind comments about the terrific staff.
Fishers, Indiana, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I want to start by saying there is no way that this is a 3 1/2 start hotel. It is a 2 at best. I can’t believe that this hotel meets the Crown Plaza standards. If so I am disappointed and will think twice about booking a hotel with them again. This property is not in the best of neighborhoods and I was worried about leaving my car with anything of value in it. There seemed to be a lack of management presence the whole time we were there.
We experienced what others have stated about tubs not draining. We were moved when I complained about this but I found it a little weird that the girl at the front desk said they normally don't do that? I guess we are supposed to shower in a tub that will not drain (gross)??? The hotel has a weird musty smell to it throughout the property. We found the whole place to be dirty in general the rooms are in need of an overhaul badly and are not cleaned very well. Dusty vents in the bathroom and dirt in the sinks. We stayed two nights and when we came back to our room at 4pm on the second day we found only one of the two beds changed???? The comforter for the second bed was in a ball on the bed and the bed skirt was sitting in a ball on the TV stand. When I told the women at the front desk about it she seemed put off that I was complaining. I even showed her a picture because I got the feeling she thought I was making it up. We left for the pool for about an hour and the bed was made when we came back. I would think that each room would have a check list that needs to be marked off for every room and signed by the housekeeper who did it. It is obvious that the housekeepers are not trained well, overworked and there is also a lack of supervision and follow up.
The pool area was simply GROSS stuff floating in the water and dirty towels everywhere. The worst part of it was the lounge chairs COVERED in bird droppings. We walked back by the pool area the next day and the same chairs were still covered in it. No one in two days bothered to clean them off or move them from under the trees that the birds were in. This just shows you the lack of management this hotel has. How did the management of a 3 ½ star property not walk the pool area in the morning and notice bird crap all over the chairs????
I also thought it funny that the signs of the hotel said a smoke-free property but yet there was always one or more people standing right next to the main door of the hotel smoking so we had to walk through their smoke just to enter this hotel. One of these people appeared to be a hotel employee???? We never ate at the restaurant because if the other areas of the property were so bad I was not about to be further disappointed by eating a bad overpriced meal. The whole hotel is need of a face lift and a good cleaning. All I can say about our stay was disappointing and gross. Be aware this is not a 3 ½ star hotel!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve B
Thank you for sharing your observations.
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I recently stayed this weekend with a name your own price deal with Priceline. I felt that the value was great. The room was clean, and had updated bedding. The bathroom was fairly small but functional. The hotel itself was nice, but the surrounding area has seen it's better days. I'm guessing prior to the economic meltdown, this area was thriving. There are no restaurants within walking distance besides the on site restaurant, and the hotel sits off the beaten path. Priceline rated this hotel as a 3.5 star, but I would put it at the lower end of 3 stars.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm glad you found everything clean and of good value. Although there are dozens of restaurants conveniently nearby, you are correct about walking distance. We also offer complementary shuttle service to restaurants and other entertainment within a four mile radius and to both nearby Polaris and Easton malls. I hope we see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here because of collectors show held on-site. Shower head did not work in my room, neither did hair blow dryer... and toilet broke as I was headed home. Back side of hotel abutts highway. My room sounded at times like Indianapolis 500. Rooms could be better sound proofed with some expenditure by owner. Goose pond at back side of property smelled bad and walkway was dotted by droppings. The closet that passes for a gift shop does not even have local newspaper. Employees were friendly and helpful. Appreciated the mini-fridge in room, but all things considered, would take my business elsewhere.

1 Thank stuart r
Thank you for your honesty. Your comments were shared with all concerned.
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've stayed here several times on business trips to Columbus. It's a little out of the way, but much better than any other hotel in this area.

Lots of business and government travelers stay here.

Staff is always very friendly and efficient. Rooms very comfortable.

On site restaurant is convenient and I usually go there after experiencing the neighborhood restaurants.

Room Tip: You can get a room here on priceline, but you should be careful and bid towards the upper end.