Hyatt Regency Columbus
$164
$149
  • Breakfast included
2,097 results
All reviewsconvention centerbig barvalet parkingcorner roomnationwide arenashort northwithin walking distancenorth markethigh streetself parkvalet servicedowntown areahotel restaurantfront desk staffbusiness tripconferencegarage
Reviewed January 22, 2011

My husband, friend and I stayed here when we were in town for the wedding of our friends. If you are from out of town and largely unfamiliar with the area, like us, parking can be difficult to figure out. They do have valet parking, I really recommend using it. We had to park in some garage, I believe on the other side of the Convention Center, and carry all of our stuff from there all the way to the hotel. NOT pleasant. Use the valet!
The ceiling in our room was low, which was interesting and created kind of a cozy atmosphere in the otherwise sleek room. The view of the city was amazing, too. However, I was really surprised that the bathroom wasn't nicer. I really loved going to sleep that night with the curtains open to the lights of Columbus. Customer service could use some work, I understand that they wait on many, many customers through the day, but it doesn't hurt anyone to at least smile and make the customers feel welcome. The location is great for being accessible to nightlife, entertainment, and more.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank simplelittlejoys
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I made a reservation on November 16 for December 7 and 8, 2010 for 1 King Bed using the AAA rate discount and Guaranteed by Discover Card. I received a confirmation number. We got to the hotel at 9:45 pm on the December 7 and were told they had no King Beds available. However, they could put us in a Hospitality Suite that had a pull down King. I asked how that could be since I had a guaranteed reservation. They said that did not guarantee the room. I told them that was BS and asked if they would discount the rate since they sold our room out from under us. They said they would not charge us for the valet parking for the 2 days and give us two free breakfast coupons. He also gave us the option to move to another room the next day.
Considering the time of night, and that I had a 2-day conference at the hotel the next 2 days we agreed to take the Hospitality Suite. Walking down the hall to the suite, we went by many other active Hospitality Suite with lots of people, noise and drinking.
We were shocked when we went it to the room; the carpet was worn and dirty. As stated, it was designed as a Hospitality suite not as a sleeping room. We pulled down the bed and could not believe they expected us to sleep in such a crappie bed and stay in a room that badly needed refurbished.
I called the front desk and asked to be transferred to another room, I was told this was the only King they had, I then asked for a Queen room and was told they didn't have any, I then asked for a double and was told they didn't have any left. I again asked how they could do this to us when we had guaranteed the room with a credit card. I was given some BS that it does not guarantee a room. They then offered to discount the room by 50%. I told him I have a guaranteed room and wanted it. He insisted that the room held by a credit card does not guarantee a room. I told him I would check with AAA on that. He then said they would not charge us for tonight, move us to another room tomorrow and give us an additional 2 breakfast coupons. Due to the time of night, we reluctantly agreed.
The pull down was very uncomfortable; it was also fairly close to the door so we had to deal with noise from the hall and other Hospitality suites well into the early morning hours. It seemed every time we would get to sleep loud noise from the hall would wake us up.
They moved us the next morning to a King room at the end of the hall. This was much better than the first room and quite. The only problem was the toilet is located in the corner not leaving knee room for a tall person to sit on it in the normal front to back position.
I have had many hotel rooms in my years of traveling and this is the first time I have had any problem with a guaranteed reservation. The manager told my wife that the hotel was overbooked on our night of arrival. Is this a kind way of saying they thought we would not show and they could rebook our room and still charge our credit card. Looks like pure greed to me, I will never stay at a Hyatt Regency again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank ItwasTravel
Reviewed December 9, 2010

This will officially be the last time we stay @ a Hyatt in North America. This is the 3rd lousy Hyatt that we've stayed at in the last few years (other 2 were Baltimore & Westlake).

This specific Hyatt is definitely getting quite old....which does explain their current process of renovating the rooms. Too bad we stayed here before the renovations occurred. The walls & ceilings of the room showed a little bit of mold, which caused my wife to have an allergic reaction. The bathrooms also required some work & a bit more thorough cleaning.

This is quite a large hotel which is well suited for major conventions. However, they definitely should have installed at least 2-3 more elevators. We were there for a conference, which meant the hotel was fully booked, but a hotel of this size needs to be designed for full occupancy scenarios.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank CrazyFoodieGuy
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I have been a loyal Hyatt customer for more than 15 years and a Gold member for many of those years. I decided to use my 'points' to gift a night at the Regency to my daughter for a wedding she was attending. She arrived to a chaotic hotel with packed elevators and a room that was directly next to the elevator bank on a low floor. Additionally, we requested a King bed and were told there were only double beds left in the hotel. She was not able to sleep all night due to the truly loud whooshing sounds of the elevator. When I called Hyatt the next morning, I was given a run around, transferring me from one number to another and ultimately receiving nothing more than a half-hearted apology. Maybe I am expecting too much, but as a so-called 'Gold' member, one would think Hyatt would want to keep these customers happy. I guess customer service truly is dead.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank NYCCMH
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We were in columbus for a four nights for the Columbus marathon and we are very happy we selected the Hyatt Regency Columbus for our stay. It was attached to the Convention Center where the Expo was and only a few blocks from the start line and even closer to the finish. The very friendly staff worked hard to make the runners feel at home. there was a booth with information on the run and free cold refreshments provided in the lobby. We found the Convention Center parking garage to be the most convenient to the hotel. Just two elevator rides to the room. Our room was a corner room on the 20th floor with a wraparound semicircle view of the city skyline; breathtaking both day and night. Even the bathroom had a great view. Room was spacious. Bedding very comfortable and it was quiet. It will be even nicer when all the rooms will be renovated and that has begun we heard. I want to comment the extremely friendly staff who helped us the entire time We were given breakfast buffet coupons and it was excellent with an omlette station much larger than at any Hyatt property.The front desk staff I want to commend are : Sean, Rachael, Jen, Ellen and Ryan. They assisted us in evey way possible. We want to extend special thanks to Catherine Burks, Ambassador for Customer Engagement of the Hotel and she was most helpful in assisting us in all race inquiries and questions about the city. She had a fruit tray and bottled water sent to our room at the end of the race with a nice congratulatory note. This is a first for us in all the hotels we have stayed at. We will defineately come back here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple