“Great Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Columbus
Ranked #14 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed here for a Conference & Expo that was being held at the hotel. The hotel staff was very helpful and nice. The hotel overall was very nice and clean and well maintained. The Big Bar on 2 was a great place to meet up and catch a game and have food and drinks. The hotel is within walking distance to the Arena District, Nationwide Arena and Short North. Lots of the things to do in the area. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for your five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I'm so happy that found our staff to be professional and friendly. From the great service, to the location and the dining, it sounds like you had a wonderful time in Columbus. I hope that you will come see us again and thank you for your business.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Columbus from May 13 through May 16, 2014. The weather outdoors was warm and humid (it rained on and off). The hotel looks very nice from the lobby. The rooms are decent--I booked a double queen bed with no particular request for a view. However, because it was so warm and humid outside, I wanted the room to be cool and dry so that I could get a good night's sleep. I had the A/C set to 64°F and it never felt cool. I called maintenance and was told that the hotel is only about 30 years old, but that the A/C is also that old and that if everyone turns it on, the effectiveness is non-existent. I slept uncomfortably because of this. Getting good sleep was critical because I was there specifically to attend an intense-education academy that lasted three days. The irony is that this education workshop (held at one of this hotel's conference rooms) was freezing every day. Other than this, the hotel is located in a great location. I did notice that all neighborhood restaurants seem to cater to the business clientele and they close their doors at 4:00 pm. If you want to eat after 4:00 pm you will have to leave that business district and walk about 3 miles or take a bus. One more thing, I got the business discount through the organization that funded my education workshop, but I would not had wanted to pay for three days of this stay if I had not gotten that discount.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the inability to adjust the heating/cooling system to your satisfaction. We do try to maintain a temperature that will be comfortable for the majority of our guests. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our proximity to local attractions. I hope to have you as our guest again the next time you are in for a conference.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I called the evening of the date our groups preferred rate would expire but was told it had already expired and that I would have to pay a much higher rate. I was surprised because I thought a published expiration date included that date. I called back the next day and was told no that person was wrong and that the rate did not expire as I was told on the last date the rate was still available yesterday as published. I have run into problems with this hotel before. Most of my twice yearly trips to Columbus for meetings have not be good experiences when staying at or booking with the Hyatt Regency Columbus. Even better....nobody seems to care. Good luck.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus. I apologize for any confusion you had when reserving your room. I encourage you to contact me directly so that we can discuss specific aspects of your stay. I hope to have another chance to earn your respect for the Hyatt brand, and to provide you with a great stay the next time you return to the area. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed one night for an event held at the Hyatt. I appreciated that I could check in at the kiosk in the lobby and everyone I interacted with was friendly. We had a corner room (triangle in shape and a little tight, but lots of windows throughout, including the bathroom. Room service was good and we appreciated the late check out. It's close location to the Arena district and Short North is a plus. Although we prefer more boutique hotels in the area, the Hyatt is a great option for business or leisure. We would stay again. Only draw back to note is if you valet your vehicle. During peak check out times, the wait can be 45+ minutes! Call ahead to get your car. The in/out privilege was a nice perk though.

Room Tip: Try out the corner room for a wall full of windows.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. I am pleased to hear that your our kiosk made your check-in experience more pleasurable. It is also great to know that you enjoyed the views of our Panoramic King room and that in-room dining could accommodate you. Your recommendation is very important to us and we hope that you will come and see us again in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I'm at this hotel for a meeting and it is a pleasant surprise. It is very nice, very comfortable and the features are what I look for in a hotel. The staff has been helpful and I've enjoyed my stay.
I see others claiming it is expensive, but they might want to visit Chicago or DC!

I'd come back.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus. I'm so glad to hear that we provided you with a pleasurable stay. Thank you for sharing your recommendation on TripAdvisor. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Hyatt is a sound enough hotel. We found the rooms clean and comfortable. I wasn't keen on the bedsheets - they had a paper-like texture. Also, the room was dark, a fact not helped when we found the light switches black on black, making them hard to see in the dim light. The room has a fridge but no microwave.

The real beef we have is with the location and cost of downtown parking. Allow a generous budget for using any of the parking lots in the hotel's vicinity. Finding a vacant spot that isn't reserved is a challenge. Most of the easiest accessible slots are reserved - and notices state unauthorized vehicles will be towed. The location of the parking lots requires a long slog to/from the lot to the hotel, along skywalks and using NARROW escalators. A real trial if you're burdened with cases, etc.

The Ohio state tax and Columbus City hotel tax is also high at 17.5% total.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus. I am glad you had a comfortable stay in your room. I am sorry to hear that you were otherwise not pleased with your parking experience. Thank you for the frank feedback. I hope to have another chance to provide you with a flawless Hyatt stay the next time you are in town.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've stayed here before but this was for the NCAA Fencing Championships (I'm a coach). With a ton of college kids and coaches all related to fencing going on, the hotel staff was fun, accommodated everything I asked about and the property was beautiful. Great location to convention center and downtown and a thoroughly enjoyable stay. I'm coming back again in June for the US National Championships as a competitior. I can't wait.

Room Tip: Just ask...what ever you'd like, just ask and they will do what they can.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am thrilled to hear that you had an expectional stay and truly enjoyed your time with us. Your recommendation and returned business is the best compliment we can ask for. I look forward to welcoming you back in June.