“great location”

Hyatt Regency Columbus
Ranked #15 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was in town for a hockey game and this hotel couldn't have been in a better location . A short 5 min walk to the stadium was perfect. There are many different restaurants and bars within 6 blocks of the hotel . The rooms were clean and good size. The employees were very helpful and did all the could to make our stay better..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed our proximity to the Arena and enjoyed your room. I hope to have you with us again the next time you are in town for a game. Let's Go Jackets!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Columbus

Reviewed April 17, 2014

A very large hotel connected to the city's main convention hall. The rooms were modern and well suited for the business traveler. the air conditioning system was responsive and offered a continuous-fan setting while also auto-adjusting the temperature, providing a pleasant white-noise effect at night for a good sleep; at too many hotels you can either have the fan or the constant temperature, but not both.

The bathroom was a bit on the cramped side but modern and well maintained. Nice touch: The Hyatt provides toothpaste. The television was typically slow for a hotel and was not HD.

The only service issue is that at times it was impossible to get anyone at the front desk to answer the phone, but overall the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Stay up high, as freight trains that travel beneath the hotel can create a low rumble.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for your five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus. I am so happy that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the accommodations of your room. I appreciate your taking a moment from your busy day to share your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I just recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Columbus for business. I stayed for 2 nights at the Hyatt due to a training class in one of their many meeting rooms. I have traveled to several different cities and stayed at a couple different hotels for training. I usually travel by myself so when it comes to a hotel to stay at for business what some people may find important may not be that important to me. When I look for a hotel when I'm traveling with my family location, amenities, pools; etc are important. Not so much when traveling for business.

The MOST important thing to me when traveling for business is the bed and pillows because I usually spend most of the day in class and have to wake up early so a good/great night sleep matters. My sleep at the Hyatt was very good, the pillows and bed were very comfortable... No complaints and I have slept in some bad beds before.

The Hyatt is attached to the Columbus Convention Center so convenience is a plus as well. The Hyatt is located in a real nice downtown area and close to the highways, restaurants and bars. Speaking of bars, the Hyatt has a real nice bar on the 2nd floor that was a fun time and was pretty lively each night.

With all the good stuff there is usually at least 1 not so good thing that effects a stay at a hotel. That one thing at the Hyatt I would say would be the parking situation. You have to pay for self parking, but that is nothing new and is expected plus it get reimbursed. But at Hyatt you have to park across the street and around the corner because the Hyatt shares a garage with another hotel and office building. So in order to get back to the hotel you can either walk outside or through the maze of corridors. It was cold, so the corridors were the only choice which had an "interesting" smell and on my last night there was a guy sleeping in one of the corridors.

Even with that I would still recommend the Hyatt Regency to any traveler staying in Columbus especially if like me a great night sleep is important.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and that you found our beds to be very comfortable. I appreciate your feedback about parking and hope to have you with us again next time business brings you to town!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Good hotel with great service. Steps away from the convention center. Great restaurant with full breakfast buffet, and good lunch options. Fast room service. Comfortable rooms. Next time in Columbus will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Monica G
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for your five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so happy that you had a wonderful stay. Customer service is extremely important to us, and I am glad to hear that you had a very satisfying experience. I appreciate you taking a moment from your day to share your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here on a Sunday night with kids and had a pleasant experience. The rooms were clean and the pool was fun for the kids. Was quiet, we didn't see another guest their our entire visit! For the price though they should offer some sort of breakfast though.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus. I am very glad that you had a pleasant experience with your family. I hope to have you with us again next time you are in town.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The service was fair at best. rooms are fair. Its seems overpriced for accommodations. Add the additional fees for parking ($12 to park your self across the street and $21/day for valet). In addition they ended up botching the billing. This place is AVERAGE. Its price point doesn't match.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank John T
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. I apologize that you were not pleased with your accommodations while you were our guest. I encourage you to contact me directly so that we can discuss specific aspects of your stay. Thank you for the constructive feedback. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I could not believe that this hotel would not have a hot tub. It shocks me. The pool was small, dirty, smelly, super loud with no sound dampeners so when kids scream it just amplifies. The gym was about the size of my room. Terrible gym.

I can not for the life of me understand why management would not spend money on renovating the pool / gym and add a spa. Its one of the most important parts of a stay and they neglect it. I give is a two star for that reason. This is a hundred million dollar facility with one of the worst pools / gym / non spa I have ever seen in a 4 star hotel. This should be a 3 star hotel at the best.

This hotel has so much potential, but it seems like they only give that detail to their rooms and not the rest of the hotel. Staff was awesome and very friendly, but that is all I am left walking away with. Sad day for Hyatt.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. I am pleased to hear your experience with our staff was a positive one. We appreciate your feedback regarding the pool and fitness center and are continually seeking ways to improve our facilities for our guests. I hope the next time you are in Columbus you are willing to give us another try.