“Excellent room”

Hyatt Regency Columbus
Ranked #15 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Rooms are clean, sleek and very well maintained. Easy to get to, valet parking is excellent, great location.
Staff is very helpful, friendly and accommodating.
Impressive for all the hotels I've stayed in over the years.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad to hear we provided you with a comfortable, pleasant stay, and that you were happy with our rooms, valet and location. I hope to have you with us again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hyatt Regency Columbus supported our Ohio Model United Nations students this weekend. I just want the world (at least all of Ohio) to know that Hyatt staff handled nearly a thousand teenagers with efficiency, graciousness and courtesy beyond my expectations. Our meeting rooms, food, sleeping quarters, and general assistance were absolutely marvelous. I will recommend Hyatt Regency of Columbus to anyone who needs to plan for large groups. Other benefits include a downstairs food court for all budgets, plus a nice in-house restaurant. We had a short walk to the exciting North area of town to take in art galleries and numerous, more exotic eateries. Another big plus is under-one-roof connection to the Columbus Convention Center. Other reviewers mention the elevator woes. Yes, it is a bit of a wait to get hundreds of folks up or down all at once, but we did get there, and the staff helped with traffic control at peak times - thanks so much. I have attended a few conferences held at this same locale. I am always delighted when this location is the chosen venue. I know that I can expect quality each and every time. Kudos to the folks who make that happen!

Room Tip: Upper floors with a High Street view of the city are exceptional. Backside views are a bit industria...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so pleased we exceeded your expectations. We enjoy having groups like yours with us and hope to host your group again in the years to come!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Dated building, many coats of paint to "refresh", very slow elevators, lots of convention goers, average service, above average front desk people, limited menus. attached to major convention hall and several lunch time dining choices in food court.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank doctorjon
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectations with our Front Desk service! Thank you for the feedback regarding the appearance of the hotel. I hope to have you with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here for attendance at a trade meeting at the Columbus Convention Center which is located adjacent to the Hotel and accessible via covered walk ways. The hotel’s central location provides for easy access to the Arena District and Short North.
The room, characterized as a “Panoramic King”, commanded the group rate of $158.00 per night and was located at the end of the building where triangular shaped walls meet; consequently it was quite small and had a tiny bathroom which could only accommodate a walk-in shower. Making the bathroom even more claustrophobic was the fact it had a dropped seven foot ceiling. The room was outfitted with standard fare furnishings including a king bed and flat panel TV.
Complimentary internet service was provided to conference attendees. The rate for unaffiliated guests runs in the range of $10.00 per day. Internet connectivity is slow and the initial online connection required the assistance of a third party service.
The hotel’s dining venue, the Market Stand Café, leaves a lot to be desired. The breakfast buffet experience was marginal. There were numerous staff members on hand, none of whom were of any help. The omelet station was not staffed. I had to go find someone to cook some eggs. Some of the items on the buffet were cold because no one bothered to replace the sternos. The adjacent Perks refreshment venue sells light snacks, hot and cold beverages.
Valet parking is $25.00 per day.
The hotel’s only redeeming factor is the convention center adjacency otherwise seek an alternative venue.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NewJerseyMember

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed our close proximity to the Convention Center. I am sorry to hear that you were otherwise not pleased with your accommodations. Thank you for the frank feedback. I hope to have another chance to provide you with a flawless Hyatt stay the next time you are in for a conference.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We booked this hotel blindly through a travel site after a 10-hour drive. They were out of king rooms, so we had two double beds on the 11th floor with a spectacular view of Arena District. We were so beat, we didn't venture out...but know from past visits to Columbus (this was our first stay with Hyatt) that this hotel is ideally located for people visiting Short North, the Arena District or taking in a Blue Jackets game. We went to the Big Bar on 2. Beer selection ho-hum. Three local brews, all pale (no dark or holiday even though it was in November). Bar is not cozy or warm (which we craved on this 20-degree evening)...but more open-air. Nevertheless, it was very busy with people who seemed to be enjoying themselves. We were thrilled to have vegan room service options, not only for coffee (soy milk) for cereal, fruit, etc. Why, other hotels, is it so hard to keep soy or almond milk on hand? There are so many vegan and/or lactose-intolerant people on the planet and it's such a simple thing. Room was immaculately clean. Beds -- and we're very picky here -- were high-end comfortable. When we left, the valet (forget his name, but he's from Cleveland) was exceptionally helpful getting us back to the freeway and moving traffic so we could exit a back way. Like I said, we booked blindly, but would definitely consider booking this hotel specifically next time. High-five, Hyatt.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad we were able to accommodate your vegan needs while you were with us, and that you were pleased with your accommodations. I hope you will come visit us again the next time you are in the city!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I recently stayed here by myself while attending a professional conference and had a pretty good experience. I read some older reviews and it seems like they have done some updating in the recent past. My corner room (with walls of windows) seemed very modern, with a flat screen TV and modern decorations. The room had a musty smell that never went away, but I got used to it after a few minutes and it didn't seem to bother me. The room was small, but for one person, it was fine.

As I was alone with no car, I didn't really venture much into downtown. From what I could tell, there wasn't much to do anyway. The Arena district nearby has restaurants, but there was no movie theater in operation (I think it was being renovated), so I spent a lot of time in my room and ordered room service (pricey as it is in most cases, but good). But, the convenience to the convention center was really good and there was a food court with several options available for lunch only.

A couple of additional plusses: the front desk staff was very nice, taxis were always available and the business center lets you print boarding passes free. The biggest negative was the internet. It was free (another improvement I see) but was hit or miss, especially from the 16th floor. I had to go down to the lobby to have it work consistently.

Overall, a good place if you plan on staying in the hotel or have a car to go places.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Garrett S
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed your corner room and found our desk staff to be friendly and accommodation. Thank you for your thorough input, and please come visit us again the next time you are in for a conference!

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

When you get this hotel for under $100/night it's the best in downtown Columbus. We come down from Cleveland 5 times a year for the blue jackets games. The location to the arena district and short north is amazing. The hotel bar and restaurant are both really nice. There is a convention there every weekend year round, which makes it fun! Rooms are large and clean....check in is fast! The views from your room and the restaurants are really nice.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BVHBB
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you have been pleased with your accommodations and our guest amenities so far. I hope we will continue to have you as our valued guests when you are in town for games. Let's Go Jackets!