“Modern hotel”

Ranked #15 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Modern hotel”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt downtown during a business trip. The hotel room was very modern with all the nicest amenities. I had a great city view from my room. My room was on the 13th floor and was very quiet. The bathroom had lots of counter space for my personal items which I appreciate. The location is very close to some great restaurants downtown. The hotel staff were very friendly and quick to help with anything needed. I ordered breakfast through room service and the 30 minute or less delivery time was met and the food was good. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed your in room meal and your view of our beautiful city. I hope to have you with us again so that we can extend another great experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here while visiting for a friend's wedding.

Obviously very close (attached) to the convention center. Amenities were fine. Did not try the bar or restaurant.

Service was also fine.

Room was well appointed as most hyatt regeny's are and modern appearing.

The bathroom was disappointingly small.

my main concern, which plagues many hyatt regency's is that there is insufficient elevators for the size of the hotel. It is not infrequent that you are waiting 5 minutes or so for an elevator that has room to ride in.

Would I stay again? Would not be my first choice, but if I got a very good rate, maybe.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the delays you suffered due to our elevators. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel's amenities while you were with us. I hope to have you as our guest again should you find yourself in the area.
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The location is very convenient, hotel staff very courteous, helpful and friendly. Valet parking was ok would suggest more parking arrangements. Dining, shopping and sight seeing are in great proximity to the hotel. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to have you with us again the next time you are in the downtown Columbus area!
Ohio
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had booked a different hotel in Columbus while in town to see Cirque Du Soleil and booked this hotel through Hotwire after arriving at our original destination only to find it was not an acceptable stay. By the time we arrived here we were stressed and short on time. George at the front desk was professional and courteous and gave us a room with a very nice city view.

We had a show to catch and had lost almost two hours canceling our original booking at a different hotel so we had no time to go out for dinner as planned. We called room service and explained our rush and to our surprise our food arrived. The Cobb salads and lobster sliders were delicious.

The room was comfortable and the location was good for almost anything you might want to do downtown. Our only complaint was the way the valet and self parking were handled.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OHtravelers
Thank you so much for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad we able to accommodate you on such short notice. Happy also to hear that your in room dining order was timely and delicious. Hope you enjoyed the show and that we have another chance to have you with us again the next time you are in the area.
York Haven
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was filled when we checked in but check in was quick and wonderful front desk staff. Valet parking and hotel staff was very accommodating. The rooms were spacious and bed very comfortable. If you want a great place to stay in Columbus this is it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I'm glad you enjoyed your interactions with our staff, and hope to have you as our valued guest again the next time you are in town.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel was okay. The rooms were a decent size, and there was a small additional area outside the bathroom with a counter and mirror. The coffee maker and supplier were there, but it is a nice additional area for toiletries, especially for women. The closet was a bit awkward with 2 small sliding doors. The small doors meant that access to the closet was cramped and a bit inconvenient. There was a refrigerator, and in usual Hyatt fashion it is larger than the small fridges in most hotels, and that is very nice. Unfortunately it never got very cold, even after I called the front desk. The heating and air blocks you from cooling or heating the room past a certain point - one of my pet peeves with hotels!! So I could never get the room cool enough to be completely comfortable. The one thing that really was disappointing with that the carpets felt damp, and the room smelled musty - likely from the carpets. I was there when it was hot and humid, but that is not excuse. I was there for a large meeting, and some had the same experience and some didn't. I don't have allergies, but after 2 days in the room I felt like I did. It cleared up immediately after a day at home, so it was definitely the room/carpet/mustiness.
The location is great - it is connected to the convention center, and there are lots of choices for meals and drinks on High Street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the mustiness you encountered in your guestroom, and for the inability to adjust the heating/cooling system to your satisfaction. It is good to hear that you enjoyed the extra mirrored area we incorporated into our rooms during our last renovation. I am also glad you liked our proximity to local attractions. I hope to have you as our guest again the next time you are in for a conference.
Cleves, Ohio
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Beds very uncomfortable housekeeping sucked they did not offer microwave but we were told we could use one on 2nd floor find out its locked up and staff warmed up our food wasn't even warm so had to order room service which was not good food and because we didn't leave our room until afternoon housekeeping never cleaned it.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lyeoman
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the unavailability of an in-room microwave, and that we were not able to fulfill your request to your satisfaction. I hope to have another chance to give you a wonderful stay the next time you are in the area.