Hyatt Regency Columbus
$164
$149
  • Breakfast included
2,097 results
All reviewsconvention centerbig barvalet parkingcorner roomnationwide arenashort northwithin walking distancenorth markethigh streetvalet servicehotel restaurantdowntown areachecking infront desk staffbusiness tripconferencegarage
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Parking on chestnut is like a rat maze of crackheads lurking in shadowy corners of the skywalks.once we entered hotel from parking garage we were sucker-punched By a strong odor of mold , my wife and I booked through Priceline and couldn't check in without a $50 credit card hold or $150 cash deposit , which was never stated anywhere on either website! We had called at 5:03 pm to tell them we would be checking in around 10 that night and made sure we had a king , they said yes we had a king on hold ! We received a double twin and was told there wasn't any kings left in a 633 room hotel. receptionist said in morning check if there was a king , so We go upstairs to our double meant for a family of 4 and our floor smelled like burnt toast ! Once inside room we noticed heavy dust like a vase at your grandmas house she can't reach anymore on everything , no big top comforter on bed , airvents were terrible looked like unclean dryer part you pull out to remove lint ! Remote looked like an item off of storage wars covered in filth .Refrigerator was off and smelt like old baby formula had spilled , my wife cleaned it herself so we could put her water inside , this is only the first 3 hours of our trip here I hope the rest goes better I will post another response after checkout !

• Stayed: July 2013
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. I invite you to contact me directly to discuss your stay. We strive to maintain a clean, safe environment for our guests and I apologize that we fell short in your experience. I hope to hear from you, and that we will have another chance to earn your business in the future.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I travel to Columbus on business every other week and stay at the Hyatt Regency frequently. My last trip - I was tired, got in late when I checked in, etc. I have Diamond status with the hotel. The first two rooms assigned to me didn't work out. The first had a broken air conditioner, the second had a broken electronic key pad. So by the third time that I worked my way back downstairs with my luggage to the check in desk... the staff was extremely apologetic. As we all know, things can go askew from time to time when one travels... how one rates a hotel is how the professionally trained staff react to such situations. The front desk staff then secured for me a suite for the night and escorted me to my room to ensure the door opened and the room was ready. I slept very well and enjoyed the luxurious suite. The standard rooms are nice, clean and convenient to to the business center, arena and convention center. Noisy and crowded when conventions in town.. but other times a very nice play to stay.

Room Tip: This is a large convention center hotel...recommend not staying here during conventions as it's too noisy / busy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad we were able to rectify the situation with your room, and at last get you into an accommodation you enjoyed. We value our Diamond Member guests, and love having you return to us on your frequent business trips. I look forward to having you with us again. Thank you for continuing to chose Hyatt Hotels.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Good hotel in downtown Columbus where we stayed for a conference in July, over the years I have stayed several times in this hotel, it has clearly improved service at the front desk since my last visit more than a year ago. Very good and quick checkin and out this time.

Besides that the hotel is good, the rooms are well equipped, the bathroom is good and the beds are great. The parking right beneath the hotel is excellent if you come with a car.

The location in the center is close to everything and gives access to the exhibition center which is convenient.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you enjoyed our proximity to the Convention Center and the amenities in your room. I hope you will consider our hotel again the next time you travel to the downtown Columbus area.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I too stayed here for the American Council of the Blind convention.i have never felt more welcomed and treated as graciously as everyone treated us. I want to extend special thanks to Dominick at the long bar on two. He consistently went out of his way to assist people and always greeted everyone pleasantly but professionally. My room was wonderful. Large with lots of windows. I was in 1234. I think all 34 numbered rooms are larger. The two complaints I had have been addressed by others. Unfortunately the hotel can't easily remedy the elevator situation. I often used the stairs. I needed the exercise. After I discovered the service elevators, the wait wasn't too bad for me. Others waited far too long. The other problem was the bitter cold public areas. I found myself craving the hot humid air outside. If I had known it was so cold I would have packed differently.
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality, but the frigid reception lacked the warmth necessary to enjoy my stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the temperature of the hotel while you were with us. We do try to maintain a temperature that will be comfortable for the majority of our guests. I will be sure to pass your compliments to Dominic on to him and also his immediate supervisor! It is good to hear that you received the service and attention we were aiming for. I hope your travel needs will you return you to our area in the future!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

While driving across the country, we booked into the Hyatt in late June......big mistake. First, we had booked on Expedia and the Hyatt would not honor our room choice and suggested that we don't use Expedia. It was obvious they had simply given our room away. Once we did get to the room (of their choice), it was dirty and musty. Dust balls everywhere. I mean dust balls -- any wind in the place and it would have looked like tumbleweeds. The TV worked on only a few channels. The room smelled old. Apart from the disappointing room, there is no restaurant in the hotel! There is a bar (a big bar) that serves food.....but it is a bar nonetheless. Overall, rude front desk, no customer service, poor amenities, dirty. You may want to keep looking.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malthus500
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the level of cleanliness in your guestroom, and your experience with our inability to honor your room request. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Please note that we do have a three meal restaurant called the Market Stand Cafe on site. It is also located on the second floor. At times when our business demands are low we will close it and run dinner service out of the Big Bar on 2. The Market Stand Cafe menu is still available, however. I apologize that you were not made aware of this when you were with us. I hope to have another chance to earn your business in the future.