“Great hotel with great service”

Hyatt Regency Columbus
Ranked #15 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Great hotel with great service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We're local but decided to Hotwire this hotel the day of Red, White and Boom. I'm glad we did. The service was great, rooms were nice and clean, beds were comfortable. We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food. But overall it was a great stay!

Room Tip: Used Hotwire to book the hotel and got a great deal!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you chose our hotel for your impromptu getaway for Red White & Boom. Please consider us again next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I do not have ridiculous standards with hotels circa convention centers, however, there were just a few things about this hotel that were kind of bothersome. First of all, the elevator wait was ridiculous! I'm a patient person, but I have never waited so long for elevators - they really need to construct another bank, especially since this is a hotel which hosts a lot of big groups. There were some days when I actually had to wait IN LINE for the elevator! The other main problem was the wifi. It was very spotty and never especially strong. They tried to fix it when we complained but it never truly worked. There were other little things like flat pillows, but nothing else too major. Otherwise, the decor was nice and modern. I appreciated the fact that there was HBO, a channel most hotels seem to no longer provide. Service was very friendly and always willing to help. One concierge member even called nearby restaurants to find out if they were open on July 4th so we didn't have to, which was very considerate. Only ate baked goods at Perks, but they were good and reasonably priced. It also is connected to the Convention Center which was a huge benefit for me. It is also near a lot of restaurants and in a pretty nice area downtown. If you get a reasonable deal at this hotel, take it, but be prepared for some issues like these.

Room Tip: Since the elevators are so slow, I'd try to get a room on a lower floor - it'll just take le...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the waits with our elevators, and thank you for bringing your experience with our WiFi to my attention. We strive to find ways to make our guests experience more pleasant. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location and the general decor of the hotel. I hope you will chose Hyatt the next time you are in the area and in need of accommodation.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Booked a room two months in advance for the 4th of June. The booking was for one room with a King-size Bed. When I checked in, I was told there were no rooms with a King-size bed and that the company I booked the room through made a mistake. At that point I was offered a "better accommodation" with two double beds but no refund for the price difference. For that, I was told I had to contact the booking company directly. (New room was close to 80 degrees when I entered plus two towels had clearly been used - room never dipped below 72 degrees and mattress's were both sunk in the middle)

Long story short, it took almost a month to get a refund from the booking company. The booking company pointed out that the Hyatt reserves the right to change a room selection prior to the customer checking in. That is, you might book and pay for one room but be given a completely different one when you arrive. Never knew that was possible - seems more like a bait and switch tactic. What would have happened if I had been traveling with my family and needed two beds but had to take a King? I had no other options than to take what we given to me. I have yet to see that fine print though.

There are some really nice hotels in the same general area. You may want to take a look at some of those first.

Room Tip: Physically call them to make sure they have the room you booked.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pabl054
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus. I apologize for the confusion we caused at check in regarding your requested bed type. Thank you for bringing the condition of your mattress to my attention. Please note that we are in the process of installing new beds in the hotel currently. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your business in the future.
Oak Hill,Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hotel room was clean and very pleasant. Not being familiar with Columbus we decided to stay in and have meals at the cafe, I have to say for a hotel the food was excellent...cudos to the chef there. The meals were moderately priced and creative, it was such a pleasant surprise. Thanks again....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am happy to read that you were pleased with your dining experience with us. I will definitely pass on your praise to our Executive Chef, Steve Johnson, and his very capable staff. I hope you will chose Hyatt Regency Columbus again the next time you are in for a conference!
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have spend a many nights at the Hyatt Regency in Columbus Ohio for business and for fun in the downtown area. I have always found the staff to be friendly, customer-centric, and helpful. The location is perfect for any activity in the Columbus area. Rooms are always clean, quiet, and have great views. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Park in the attached parking garage. There are some neat little shops and a food court attached to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad to hear that we are doing everything we can to make you a loyal, happy customer. We look forward to your return the next time your travel needs bring you to the area.
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hyatt Columbus was a great value and very modern. I like the decor and it felt like I was in a expensive NYC hotel. Easy garage parking (connected to convention center) with in/out for a small fee, but it was worth it, or valet is also available.

Room Tip: 20 mins to Scioto Downs or Hollywood Casino in either direction.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you were happy with your experience at the hotel and hope to see you in again soon!
Delphos
Reviewed June 17, 2013

i volunteered for GAMA for their origins even in the convention center. they offer all there 32 hour volunteers a free hotel room for 5 days the duration of the convention. my work forced me to work the day of check in so i called and said i would be late. i get there to find out that they gave away my reservation claiming i did not call and forced me to pay $160 at another hotel for the night, im 20 giving my time for something i love and i don't go there with much money as most of everything is paid for, for me i was extremely mad . the manager was extremely rude to me. dont get me started on the slow elevators. there website said we got free breakfast along with our room but when we got there they forced us to pay the $17 each morning. horrible weekend.

Room Tip: back rooms have a great room and ok A/C
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the confusion we caused at your arrival. I do hope we were able to assist you in the acquisition of a room nearby the night you arrived. I apologize for the overall lack of satisfaction you experienced while you were with us, and hope you will give us another chance next year to give you a great GAMA stay.