“Not impressed”

Hyatt Regency Columbus
Ranked #15 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Pros: Great location connected to the convention center. Great view. Front desk was friendly. We did get a discount on parking eight dollars rather than 12 a night in the parking garage on Chestnut.
Cons: Felt nickeled and dimed for everything. Pop machine on the 15 floor didn't take cash only credit/debit cards. No matter what time of day there was at least a ten minute wait for elevators. Room needed a good cleaning. The vent in the bathroom was disgusting and had dust bunnies coming out of it. There was a tile missing in the bathroom, blood (?) and paint splatters on the walls. When the AC unit turned on it made this squeak that sounded just like someone opening a door. I’m a light sleeper so it woke me up every single time. My husband is a very hard sleeper and it kept him up too.
Bottom line I think we'll look for another hotel next year. Perhaps one that provides a free breakfast, rather than paying 40 bucks for a just okay meal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. Thank you for bringing the unclean status of your room to my attention. Feedback such as yours allows us to coach our Housekeeping staff on cleanliness expectations. I hope you will change your mind, and give us another chance to give you a wonderful Hyatt stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Hyatt Regency hotel - one night for pleasure and one night for a work conference. If ever in Columbus again, I will be staying elsewhere.

Highlights of the hotel:
- Location is fabulous. It's a short walk to downtown, concert venues, hockey arena, shopping and more.
- My room was modern, clean, luxe feeling and cute.

Lowlights of the hotel:
- I had to call housekeeping to service my room. Then, eight hours later at 8 pm at night, I had to call again so I could get new coffee cups and towels.
There is one bank of elevators for guests. For a 20 floor hotel. After checking in, I had to wait 10 minutes to get on an elevator to go upstairs.
- The mattresses have pillowtops, which some people might find nice, but make me sleep terrible. Both night I stayed at the Hyatt I averaged only a few hours of uncomfortable sleep.

If you can';t stay anywhere else, this hotel is fine. And it's attached to the Convention Center, so certainly convenient. But I don't think any of that convenience is worth it.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have nice views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Stephen_Stewart, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize that we did not clean your room in a timely manner. Thank you for bringing the delay to my attention. Please note that the amount of elevators we have for guests is an ongoing issue at our property. We have made a remedy to the situation by converting two of our service elevators over to guest usage during high volume times. They are located to the left of the Front Desk and any Hyatt associate can direct you there. Also note that we are in the beginning stages of installing new Grand Beds in our guest rooms! I hope you will give us another chance to win your business. Your feedback is appreciated.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I really have no bad things to say about this facility except the painfully slow elevators, the room was perfectly clean all the fixtures were in good shape,there was not a blackout curtain, but it was dark enough to not disturb me HUGE tv nice view, great bar, Dominic bartender is a great guy, all encounters with staff was friendly, this hotel i have known for many years it has changed by leaps and bounds in comparison to its not so reputable past, i would recommend this to anyone who wants to enjoy downtown Columbus one thing to b aware of is this hotel is extremely busy, if you don't like crowds go for a smaller place this one is huge.

Room Tip: higher floor, ask for a High street view if possible elevators do not seem to be in a disruptive pla...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad we were able to give you a great stay. Know that I will relay your compliments to Dominic from the Big Bar on 2 and his direct supervisor! Thank you also for your kind comments on the changes we have undergone over the last couple of years. I hope you will return to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Attached to the convention center, this is a great location. Short walk to the Arena district, close to many other great restaurants, this is a in terrific location for eating, hockey and nightlife. Now to the property itself. Great staff, this is a full service hotel, Valet, Doorman..you get the picture. All very polite and helpful. The property was clearly a super modern design when it was done and has aged pretty well. The room was clean and well maintained, full amentities. They do charge for internet: this is lame!!!! The "Big Bar" apparently the only 53 foot bar in Ohio: is ther a 54 foot bar??? is ok, good for a post meeting drink, the restaurant is competent, but there are many great places nearby. Overall, I would recommend it. go for a high floor, pay up for the internet and enjoy the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful, thorough review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! We love our location & I am glad you did too. It is nice to hear that we were able to give you a good experience while you were our guest. I hope to have you return the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

EXCELLENT location in downtown/arena district/short north. Fast friendly check-in. Nice, clean, spacious rooms with comfortable beds.
Friendly service at the bar. Room 1737 has an excellent view. Keep it up Hyatt, we will be back :]

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for the great five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed room 1737 and found our service at the Big Bar on 2 to be excellent! I am glad to hear that you will return to us the next time you are in the area. Safe, happy travels!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hyatt Regency was the perfect hotel for our stay during 'Matsuricon 2012'. Great value all around. The hotel staff was very helpful, as this was our first trip to Columbus. The convention itself went very well. Everyone was very friendly. Ohayocon! is held here every year also. I rate this hotel at four stars.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I hope to have you as a repeat customer should you choose to return for the Ohayocan conference!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is close to downtown attractions such as Nationwide Arena and the Greater Columbus Convention Center. I had a great view of downtown with large windows. Nice furnishings with adequate space in the bedroom but the bathroom was pretty small. The facility and room was clean. I ordered room service and overall the food was average.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view of downtown.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed your room, our location, and the view of our beautiful city. I hope to have you as our guest again the next time you are in the area.