“Could be better”

Ranked #16 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Could be better”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

When you arrive - kind of chaotic. I've stayed in big cities before and being from NY I'm used to fast talkers - but the staff spoke so quickly I felt extremely rushed and said "what did you say?" after everything they spoke to me. The hotel needs more elevators average wait time about 15 minutes and they are filled to the max - we took the stairs a few times (7th floor). The bar staff was great - good waitress! As nice as the hotel looks when you walk thru it I expected better service and nice accommodations.

Room Tip: Don't stay to high up in case you have to use the stairs - Convenient to stay here if going to t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the wait time required for our elevators. Please note that there are additional elevators available at high volume times. Ask any associate and they will direct you. Thank you for bringing the swiftness of the Front Desk agent you encountered to my attention. Comments such as yours help us to coach our staff on appropriate service standards. I hope you will choose to give us another chance to provide you with a wonderful Hyatt stay the next time you are in the downtown area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Estero, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for one night when we were in town to go to a Buckeyes football game. While the hotel isn't within walking distance to the stadium (it's a few miles away), it is centrally located to many other things. It's right around the corner from Nationwide Arena, as well as plenty of bars. We wanted to see some local Columbus hangouts the night before the game, and we didn't have to walk more than 2 blocks to find plenty! There was also a bar in the hotel that seemed to be a very popular place! The room itself was nice and spacious - exactly what you would expect from a Hyatt Regency. I live in South Florida where a hotel like this would easily go for $300/night. We only paid half of that and I thought it was a great value! We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am happy you were happy with your room and our convenient drivable distance to the OSU horseshoe. I hope to have you as our guest again the next time you are in for a game. GO BUCKEYES!
Columbia City, Indiana
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My sister and I stayed here on April 4, 2013 because it is very close to the Nationwide Arena where we were going to be seeing Fleetwood Mac. It is even closer than I imagined it to be. Just a short 2 block walk from the arena. The hotel also is attached to a convention center which would make it very nice if you were going to anything there. The room was average but comfy. The staff were very helpful, especially the valet guys, who went to my car to find my glasses. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the hotel bar, after the show my sister and I wanted to get a drink and the bar is out in the open on the second floor and not very cozy at all. There weren't too many servers, I think you probably had to order at the bar, but it was packed. We finally left without getting a drink. Overall, the hotel is nice and there are lots of restaurant options just down the street, if you don't want to eat at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed our proximity to Nationwide Arena, and were happy with your interactions with our staff. I apologize for the lack of attention you received in the Big Bar on 2. Thank you for bringing it to my attention as that helps us coach our staff on proper service standards. I hope to have you as our guest again the next time you are in town for a show.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Hyatt recently. The hotel staff were very friendly and attentive. This was true at the hotel desk, in the restaurant, and in the bar. Always a good thing. Our room was comfortable, with a huge plasma tv, firm pillows on the bed, a desk, and a reading chair w/ its own lamp. Restaurant food was reasonably good. The downside: not much in the way of shopping or outside restaurants within walking distance. If you have your own car and a GPS, navigating Columbus is easy, however.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for the nice review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations, our staff's attentiveness, and your food and beverage experience! Wanted to let you know that there is a shopping area called The Short North within walking distance of the hotel should you choose to come visit us again. Our Front Desk staff can provide directions and assistance with shop suggestions depending on your needs. I hope to have you as our guest in the near future!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Always love to stay here when attending conferences. This hotel is nice and convenient to the conference center and all local attractions. The restaurant staff is always very accommodating and have helped with a variety of business meetings for me. The lunch food is very good at the "Marketplace grill".

Rooms are nice enough but service at the bell stations and concierge are always great.

Room Tip: If the elevators are backed up downstairs and you do not have time to wait, take the hallway to the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed our location in the Arena District. Glad to hear, also, that you have had great culinary experiences with us! Thank you for the kind comments regarding your interactions with our bell and concierge staff. I hope to have you return the next time you are in for a conference.
Williamsburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The Hyatt Regency Columbus is in a great location near the convention center, the arena district and the short north section of town. So many good restaurants in walking distance. The rooms are stylish and comfortable. The Hyatt does an excellent job handing all your needs for business meetings or conferences. The beverages and light fare from the Perks cafe are good if you need to grab something quick. It is a great place to stay if you are in Columbus.

• Stayed April 2013
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed our location in the beautiful Arena District, your guestroom, and the service the received while staying as our guest. I hope to have you return the next time you are in the area and in need of accommodations!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This contemporary, charmless hotel is ultra modern. Everything is steel grey, dark brown & white. It's pricey, too. But for convenience to the Short North, it's hard to beat. We used the Chestnut Street parking garage, which was connected by covered walkways and cost only $12 per 24 hrs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed our proximity to the Short North Arts District. I hope to have you as our guest again the next time you area in the area.