“Pet Policy”

Ranked #15 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Clinton, New Jersey
“Pet Policy”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel with my yorkie, I was told that I have to pay $50 for the pet. Wow, almost the same price for the room! Nothing mentioned that in the hotel description at Priceline! They finally came down to $25 after some insistence. The snippity front desk manager said it was because of the additional cleaning needed for the pet. I paid the $25 and checked in. Later, I found out there were over 2000 high school students staying at the hotel and that was why you couldn't get an elevator. When I arrived at my room, the old coffee filter was still in the pot. The ice bucket smelled like throw up. There were bobby pins on the floor. It was disgusting. The final straw was the alarm clock going off at 5:30 AM and I couldn't shut it off without pulling the wire out of the wall. What an awful night at this hotel! The morning front desk manager removed the $25 fee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. I apologize that you were not informed beforehand about our pet policy. Thank you for bringing the lack of verbiage on the Priceline website to my attention. I apologize for the inconvenience you suffered with the housekeeping issues you listed. I hope you and your yorkie will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Dayton, OH
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We're frequent visitors to Columbus, for conferences and hockey games, and this is our second year of wonderful stays at the Hyatt Regency. I already have plans to book there again next month.

The most obvious plus is that it's ideally located, literally across the street from Nationwide Arena and within easy walking distance of restaurants, shops and a cinema. You can park in the adjacent parking garage and not have to go outside at all- just a short distance through a conference center hallway and you're at the front desk.

My favorite thing about staying here is how much is available without leaving the hotel at all. Just take an elevator down to the second floor and there's a bar, a coffee bar and a nice restaurant. Go down to the first and there's an entire food court with shops and a convenience store. Staff have always been friendly and gone out of their way to greet me. I noticed that in particular, there seems to be low employee turnover in the coffee bar and restaurant- the same employees I remembered from last year were still there this year.

When I stayed there for a sci-fi convention this weekend, it was perfect. I could wander at leisure, go to my room whenever I wanted, and go wherever I wanted to eat. The hotel even had a Dr. Who marathon going on Channel 10 for the duration of the convention, playing on TVs near elevators and in hallways, a move that charmed this Dr. Who fan :)

There are a few inconveniences, but not many. The bathroom is small and not ventilated. There was an ice machine, but our room didn't have an ice bucket. The elevators are sometimes delayed during busy times, but they have two other alternate banks of elevators. Cell and wireless reception can be sketchy in parts of the building. I can definitely deal with it, though, because I really enjoy this place.

Would come back, and will come back :)

Room Tip: If you are attending for a convention, check to see if there is a room deal that includes your inter...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful well-thought-out five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you have enjoyed your past stays with us and hope you will continue to do so as you return to our beautiful city each year!
Northeast Ohio
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency to attend a conference held at the convention center connected to the hotel. Perfectly located for the convention center and arena district. The rooms are nicely appointed and very comfortable, although the bathroom is a bit small on space. Good overall amenities, but somewhat limited TV channel selection (but who watches much TV when staying at a hotel anyway).

The service received from all hotel staff was exceptional. There are many great restaurants nearby but the in-room dining meals were wonderful. As some reviewers have noted, parking is a bit pricey but as a fairly frequent traveler to Columbus, the parking fees are very comparable to other downtown hotels and parking lot options, but with increased safety. Even if you leave the hotel once a day, you are saving money over parking in a surface lot nearby. Plus the valet staff are quick and very helpful with loading/unloading your vehicle.

Overall a great option for downtown Columbus, Ohio.

Room Tip: The room with a King Bed had just one comfy lounging chair (plus the desk chair), and the chair sits...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for the thoughtful review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad we provided you with a pleasant stay. Thank you for the input on the lack of TV channel selection and the promptness of our valet staff. I'm glad to hear your overall experience with our staff was a good one. It is always nice to know that we are providing our guests with the stay with they expect and deserve. I hope to have you as our guest again the next time your conference-going needs return you to the area.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Pool is little outdated and in the basement. If we hadn't got a great deal on the room wouldn't stay again. View is nice of downtown Columbus. Bed was not very comfy or nice. Room over all was nice. ihome docking station nice feature and nice tv.

• Stayed March 2013
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am glad you enjoyed the view from your guestroom of our beautiful city! It's good also to hear that you enjoyed some of our in-room amenities. I hope to have you as our guest again the next time you are in the area.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 26, 2013

After I called to make my reservation for 3 rooms, I had not received a confirmation email. So I called back to receive my confirmation number and they said I had not made a reservation. They looked for 30 minutes and could not find anything under my name or debit card. So, I proceed to make another reservation. Upon arrival, everyone was very friendly, the room was clean and our stay was good. However, the parking is absolutely ridiculous. So expensive. Upon check out, I was informed that someone had already "checked out" of one of my rooms and didn't print me the bill. I questioned them, and then they finally printed it for me. The reason they didn't pring the bill was because there was a "noise complaint" for one of my rooms and that they added an additional few hundred dollar fee. We were never aware that there was a complaint, and I have never heard of charging someone for noise. Also, it was St. Patrick's Day and I highly doubt we were the only noisey group. After I discussed the situation with the manager, he said he had to leave it on my bill. An hour after I left, the manager called me and apologized for being so rude and said that he would credit my account for the charge. It is now TWO WEEKS after I have left, and my account still isn't credited and I have turned the situation over to the bank to handle. As if that wasn't already a nightmare, an additional $230 came out of my account over a week after I left. So I called to find out what the charge was for and they said it was a "hold" on the room. A hold on the room I left a week ago? So after that not being credited back to my account, I call again and it turns out it wasn't a hold, it was a NO SHOW charge for the room I booked the first time I called that they couldn't find!!! It turns out they put it under the wrong name. I still haven't been paid back for either of these charges. I have always stayed at Hilton Hotels and will never again because of this huge ordeal. It turned my fun trip into a living nightmare with $400 extra down the drain. It was not worth the money, the manager was not friendly and rude, and the front desk attendants that I've spoken with are incompetent and have told me 2 or 3 different stories of why I've been charged so much extra money. I'm so disappointed and unhappy with these folks. My party of 16 guests also said they will not stay at another Hyatt hotel. We will gladly stay at the HIlton from now on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Danielle P
Pleasant Plain, Ohio
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This cost $116 for a Thursday hight, there was no parking for this hotel. I spent $25 just in parking because I wanted to go get dinner at a nice restaurant. Then they did not include wi-fi. I could have stayed at a less expensive hotel and parking and wi-fi would have been included. I would never stay at this place again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. I apologize that you were not made aware of the additional cost for parking here in the downtown area. I do want to let you know that we provide complimentary wi-fi for our guests in our public areas. Additionally, we provide complimentary wi-fi to our Gold Passport Platinum and Diamond level members in our guestrooms. Gold Passport is Hyatt's loyalty program and I encourage you to look into becoming a member. I hope to have another chance to provide you with a wonderful Hyatt stay the next time you are in the area.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here for three days for a conference held at the convention center. Its very convenient, especially in freezing cold weather. However, despite the best efforts of the staff, it has a ghostly anonymous feel, with numerous large empty spaces in the public areas. It took me fifteen minutes to check in, even though there were only two people in front of me being checked in at the two open desks. The bedroom and bathroom was clean, just old and tired. The room was cleaned at 5pm. The weather was cold, and I (and numerous other people at the conference) were cold both in bedrooms and in the meetings rooms. The hotel needs refurbishment to bring it up to Hyatt standards.

Room Tip: Keep away from the elevators whatever you do. There seem to be many conferences/meetings and a lot o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! I apologize for the delay in getting you checked into your room. Thank you for bringing the temperature of both your room and our meeting space to my attention. I hope to have you as our valued guest the next time you are in the area.