WINNER WONDERLAND

“Great service, but room for improvement” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Columbus

Hyatt Regency Columbus
Ranked #16 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“Great service, but room for improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I was there for a conference for 3 days. The staff was overall great. Could tell they were remodeling or had recently. Towels were scratchy, and should be replaced. Housekeeping wasn't perfect, I expected overall better for a Hyatt Regency. There were wrappers on the floor and I didn't like they moved my bathroom stuff around. The beds were uncomfortable and very thin blankets, it was very cold and the thermostat was difficult to operate. We were served meals and overall the food was great. Big bar on 2 was expensive but nice. Only major complaint was the last morning there was NO hot water! Our group had about 800 people and I don't know if it ran out or what, but it was definitely cold water :(. I think they are in process of being top notch, but the small things make them like your average holiday inn. Fix those and it would be to Hyatt Regency standards.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jen R
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus! Let me first apologize for the Housekeeping issues you related. It is not appropriate for guest belongings to be moved and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Secondly, I also want to apologize for the inconvenience of the lack of hot water. We are in the process of analyzing the situation. I invite you to contact me if you would like to further discuss aspects of your stay.
I am glad that you were happy with the meals you had in our restaurant. Our Executive Chef, Steve Johnson, takes great pride in utilizing local food stuffs.
You are correct that we are in the process of undergoing a public area renovation. I hope once that is complete you will return and give us another chance to give you a fantastic Hyatt stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Let me begin by saying the uptown Hyatt in Columbus, OH is an older Hotel by a coupld decades, but it is newly renovated and looks and feels great. It is attached to the convention center and it is located right at the northern end of uptown Columbus. This junction puts it in the perfect spot for a Columbus visit. You can walk most of downtown to the capitol building, you are just a few blocks from Short North a great arts, music and restaurant district that stretches between downtown and Ohio State's district. You are also just 2 blocks from the stadium/arena district and two blocks from my favorite spot....** The North Market *** of which I'll have to give another reivew, but this is a great urban market of great international eats, variety market shops and charm. You are also a short drive or cab ride through uptown to the brewery district and German Town the only areas that are not walkable from the Hyatt. But, back to the Hyatt: the amenities are the only negative. The pool is buried in the basement and is small and very dated along with the small fitness center. But other than that, the rooms are wonderful, spacious and well decorated. Staff very friendly and it's a clean hotel that sees a lot of activity. The locatoin and connection to the convention center where there is a small mall with eats and treats makes this an A++ location to stay and I will say you should not be disapointed. Have a great visit!

Room Tip: Request a high room with a view. The hotel has a view of Short North toward OSU, of the arena distr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for such a complimentary review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! We love our location in the middle of everything Columbus has to offer. I wanted to let you know that we do some of our purchasing for the Market Stand Cafe and Big Bar on 2 menus from the North Market. It's great to have such a delicious source of local foods just around the corner! I hope to host you the next time you visit the Columbus area!
Lancaster, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

booked the panoramic king room....have stayed at this hotel before, and had gotten a similar room at that time...really enjoyed the view.. room comes to a point overlooking high st., so you can look both north and south and enjoy the christmas lights, and other activities in the surrounding area... got a very good rate...109 + tx for the room, bkfst in am was included...very good...ordered off the menu...parking at a partner lot was 13 for overnight, w/ in-out privileges... only drawback was some construction going on, but did not interupt stay...had a nice high floor...16th, so had a great view from room...

Room Tip: if you know when you are going, be sure to check web site...might have better prices, and you can se...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you enjoyed your corner room overlooking our bustling city! It's great to hear that your breakfast was good. Our Executive Chef, Steve Johnson, puts a lot of emphasis on local organic eats, and it shows. We are almost done with our public area renovation, and it is turning out beautifully. I hope you will return to be our guest the next time you are in the area!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

What a treat! Hotel room with the view was so beautiful. It was a pleasure eating at the hotel bar. Food was fantastic, as well as my waitress and bartender. Being on the 20th floor just wowed me. Check in and out ran so smooth. What a wonderful stay!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. It's always nice to hear that our guests enjoy the service they receive. I hope you'll chose Hyatt Regency Columbus the next time you are in the area, and that we are able to give you a room on the 20th floor so you can enjoy another beautiful view of our fantastic city!
Jackson, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

1. Remodeling - why didn't you let me know when the room was booked
2. Placed us in a room next to a hospitality suite: noisy all day long.
3. Room service arrived at 8:15 a.m.: so much for sleeping in.
4. They charge for internet. 9.95 per 24 hour period.
5. All elevators weren't working all the time or they are pretty slow, one or the other.
Therefore I will probably stay somewhere else next time. I have stayed in moderate priced hotels that provided free internet, better room placement, and maid service don't show up at 8:15 a.m. For the price, I expected more.

I have stayed here 3 times, 2 times I was not satisfied. 33% satisfaction rate is not too good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. I apologize for the early morning disturbance from our Room Service staff, and for the general noise you experienced while with us. You are correct that we have been undergoing a renovation, and I apologize that you were not told the hotel's circumstances when you made your reservation. Thank you for the constructive feedback and I hope to have another chance to serve you again the next time you return to the Columbus area.
Wickliffe, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt for the ONLA CENTS Convention from 1/13/13-1/16/13. I booked the room on the internet, a King Smoking... when we got to the hotel, they said they were a non-smoking hotel... not happy, but, what can ya do? They gave us the keys to our room... it was a room at the end of the hall on the 6th floor... the room could only be described as a triangular shaped closet. I don't now how any person would accept this room, and we didn't. My husband called the front desk, they said to go to a different room down the hall and someone would meet us there with the key. After waiting about 15 minutes, someone did bring the new keys. The room was far from what I'd expect from a Hyatt Regency, and certainly not worth $160.00/night, plus $21.37 in taxes (which was, supposedly, a special rate for ONLA members). Also, we paid for a king room (the closet), but had to settle for 2 double beds (NOT queen). The beds were not that great, nor were the pillows. There are only 2 drawers to put your clothing in, and I had to clean them out. The mini fridge was off, so it took until the next day to keep anything cold in it. There is a one cup coffee pot in room, and the coffee is horrible. The carpet and bathroom floor were dirty, and the towels were small and not at all soft, however, the shower head was actually pretty powerful. Be careful of the elevators... after the door opens, you have about 2 or 3 seconds before it closes on you. The restaurants and the "Big Bar on 2" are outrageously overpriced and don't have much of a food selection. Next time we go to Columbus, we will stay at the Hilton!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while with us. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and we are looking into where there might be conflicting information out on the web to have those sites corrected. I invite you to call me personally so I can address your concerns in regards to your guest room. Thank you for the feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Hotel is within walking distance to everything you need as far as restaurants, retail and entertainment venues. The North Market was a short distance away. I asked to not be placed by the elevator and low and behold when I got off on my floor, I was located right next to the elevator. But to my dismay, I heard absolutely nothing, NADA, not a thing. Thank goodness. The room was especially quiet. I heard nothing but my roommate sleeping. What a pleasure. The room was not only quiet, but also very spacious, and very clean and well planned. The bed was quite comfortable and the bathroom provided ample space. I loved the makeup mirror. THANKS. The hidden refrigerator was a huge plus for all the leftovers I brought back from the wonderful nearby restaurants. Check-in was a breeze, every staff member I encountered had a positive attitude and was more than willing to assist. I was asked numerous times if I could be helped and if I was enjoying my stay. I liked that I was recognized and felt appreciated too. The hotel was way crowded too, but didn't feel like it. They were very methodical and organized in their approach and I will be back. I would highly recommend the Hyatt Regency Columbus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you so much for the glowing five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. I hope to have another opportunity to be of service should your travels bring you back to the downtown Columbus area!