Hyatt Regency Columbus
$108
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Candlewood Suites Polaris(Columbus)(Great Value!)
$93
$162
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

$102
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

$76
$164
$149
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
$101
$76
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

$136
2,127 results
All reviewsconvention centerbig barvalet parkingcorner roomnationwide arenashort northwithin walking distancenorth markethigh streetvalet servicehotel restaurantdowntown areachecking infront desk staffbusiness tripconferencegarage
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed over Thanksgiving weekend and our Columbus experience could not have been nicer. From the bellman to the front desk staff everyone we encountered at the hotel was professional, helpful and pleasant. I paid the extra $5 for a higher floor-(18th) had a fabulous view of downtown. Our room was very clean, had a “high tech” theme and the beds were comphy. I highly recommend the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $5 for a higher floor-the views are worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful five star review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you enjoyed your room on 18 and that your experience with our staff was pleasant. I hope you will again be our guest the next time to come to the Columbus area.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I love to stay in hotels, especially road race headquarter hotels. Especially hotels that provide a memorable stay that begins with the reservation, since you never have a second chance to make a first impression.

My husband participated in the Columbus, Ohio, Nationwide Children’s Hospital Half Marathon on October 21. Before we left home, we received an email with an offer to check in to our room.
At 11:00 a.m., we received a second email letting us know our room was ready: I like the communication between hotel and guest. However, if you have specific requests and check-in online, any previous room requests (e.g., high floor overlooking front of hotel) will be ignored. You will be assigned the first room that matches your bedding configuration. We accepted the room assignment.

We self-parked at the public garage on Chestnut St. for $12 per day rather than the $23 valet service. We carried our luggage one block through a safe alleyway shortcut. Jessica provided a prompt and friendly check-in. She was able to find us a room with a view of the Columbus suburbs and with our special requests. Although we had requested a refrigerator, we learned that all rooms have them. There were no microwaves, however. It is standard policy for the refrigerator to be turned ‘off’ upon arrival. I turned it on to ‘max’ but it never did get cold.

Our double queen-bedded room was spacious. I appreciated the single serve coffee maker positioned in the entryway of the room rather than taking up space on a surface in the ‘living’ area. In addition to the customary shampoo, conditioner and soap, a small tube of AquaFresh toothpaste was provided.

Lighting is important to us. The bedside lighting was soothing; the desk lamp was bright. There was one floor lamp, also. Our room had a Phillips flat screen TV; it did not have a safe. Despite a full house with many runners, we never waited long for an elevator. We learned from the valet staff, that during the busy hours from 5 p.m. to midnight, additional (service) elevators are available near the front desk. Personally, for an event like a marathon, the service elevators should be available in the morning when runners need to be at the start line by 7 a.m., a 10-minute walk from the Hyatt.

A letter was available at the front desk and distributed to each room announcing expanded hours in the restaurants and lounges. Checkout after a race is problematic for room turnaround. Hyatt attempted to solve this creatively. We received an additional letter announcing incentives for early checkout: check out of the hotel by 9 a.m.: be entered into a drawing for a Dick’s $ 150 gift card. Checkout by 10: Be entered for a $100 gift card drawing. Checkout by 11:00 - ….. Sorry. We opted to take our generous 1 p.m. checkout.

Another great reason to stay at the Hyatt is its connection by covered walkway to the Greater Columbus Convention Center, location of the Runner’s Expo. We had beautiful weather but if you were walking in rain or cold from another location, the enclosed access is a real benefit. The signage from the hotel to the Expo was exceptional.

Another positive: despite construction, the Hyatt Regency is a straight drive in from I-70.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the exceptional review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I very much enjoy reading detailed feedback about guest's stays. It is wonderful to be able to see where we have succeeded and where we have room for improvement.
I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations, room amenities and our proximity to the Expo. It is also nice to hear that you had a simple drive in and were also made aware of our secondary elevators. (Thank you for the advice on their availability and run times!)
I hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future and am glad you had a pleasant stay in Columbus.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Columbus is my hometown, but we were hosting a conference in the Hyatt/Convention Center and so I stayed on site. My room was very clean. The bathroom had quiet ventilation and the bathroom mirror did not fog up at all! The heater was quiet and easy to adjust. There was a mini-fridge for my use in the room - a rarity these days, it seems. My view was okay from 17 - High Street, the convention center roof and lots of highways. The bed was comfy, the pillows were pretty good..medium firmness. The hotel desk staff was very helpful. Parking was right next door in a clean garage. The valet folks even let us park our van shuttle in the drop off loop for a few hours at a time to avoid the in and out parking charges. Another new place just opened across the street...but if the Hyatt is a better value - don't hesitate to stay here! I didn't eat on property - because the awesome North Market is just steps away across the street! I had a very good experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a view facing away from the convention center.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm delighted to hear from a fellow Columbus local that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you found your room clean and comfortable, we know that's so important when traveling. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here for a conference. The decor is very modern and sleek. It gives the hotel a high-end, hip feeling. We also had a room at the end of the corridor that was oddly shaped. That was fine, except the huge upholstered office chair seemed to be in the way no matter where we put it. But that is really very minor. The room was clean and well-furnished, and the toiletries, linens and towels were good quality. The hotel is attached to the convention center, so it was very convenient for our visit. You can walk through the convention center and get to the Short North, which is full of fun restaurants, shops and bars. The staff was very helpful. In short, a very good bet if you need a place to stay in Columbus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We love our location next to the Short North. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you when you return to the Columbus area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed their over night for a visit to columbus.
Nice hotel with very easy check in and friendly staff.
Room was clean and well appointed with a comfortable bed and pillows. I was in a corner room which was nice with excellent views but weird corners in the bathroom and the toilet was very angled. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your 5 star review! I'm most pleased to hear you experienced easy check-in and our friendly staff. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!