“The name Hyatt does not signify perfection!”

Hyatt Regency Columbus
Ranked #15 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have stayed in both Hyatts in Columbus, Ohio, & I'm picky! Neither property uses a fitted sheet on the bed, so you end up with sheets NOT ON THE BED when you wake up. When you're paying top dollar for a deluxe accomodation, don't you think you deserve a fully deluxe accomodation...obviously I am very gunshy with the name Hyatt. The place looks great but the lack of total quality is an irritating point...I feel ripped-off!

Room Tip: IF you're going to pay $214 & are willing to wake-up in the morning with the sheets half on...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. I apologize for the improper sheeting on your guestroom bed. It is Hyatt standard to use non-fitted sheets on our Grand Beds, but I am sorry to read that it was not properly made so as to avoid an inconvenience in your stay. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope the next time you require accommodations in the Columbus area you will give us another opportunity to give you a flawless stay.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I just returned from a business trip staying at this hotel. Check in was easy and the front desk clerks were helpful and cheerful. The restuarants are excellent. The rooms are comfortable and had every convienince you could want. A mini fridge is available if you want to go to a store and keep snacks or bevrages in your room. The interenet was easy to connect to. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are calming.

Room Tip: I stayed close to the elevator which is convenient for the ice machine and vending machines
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

I am so pleased you had a great experience with us during your recent business trip! We try to offer amenities that our guests will enjoy, and the addition of our mini fridges seems to have helped make a difference to a lot of guests. Please do let us be of service the next time you require accommodation in the Columbus area.

Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Fabulous and very Beautiful,had a wonderful time at the Hyatt,celebrated 20 year anverisary with my husband there can not beat nothing their,their service is amazing,room service'sWelcoming,etc.Amazing,fun,and I will alway's reconmade the Hyatt to everybody#1

• Stayed: February 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you for the positive review. Please keep us in mind when traveling to the Columbus area, and a big Happy Anniversary from the staff of Hyatt Regency Columbus!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed this past weekend for a Key Club Convention. Thought it was a great hotel. Only suggestion I might have is a bigger pool for the size of the location. The kids weren't impressed with the pool area but everything else was great.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. I am glad you we pleased with most of the hotel's amenities. We are always looking for ways to improve on our product, and your suggestion of enhancing the pool area is a good one to consider. I hope the next time your travels bring you to Columbus, you will again choose Hyatt Regency for your accommodations.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel for a conference. the room was pretty good. the beds were comfortable. the room was nicely decorated. the bathroom was clean and redone. there was a partial wall that separated the front door from the beds, giving more privacy. that was a nice touch. the staff at the front desk, room service and bellmen were very friendly and polite.

the temperature of the room was difficult to control. the thermostat had instructions on it that said set to above 75 for heat, below 65 for A/C. I wasn't sure how to set it if I wanted the room to be 72. I ended up cycling between being hot and cold.

The light switches were oddly positioned. there was a light above the front door that I could turn on when I entered the room, but because of the partition, that light did not reach the beds. as far as I could tell there were no light switches on the walls for the bedroom area. I had to walk through the dark room to find the lights by the far window, the desk, and the heads of the beds. this was hard the first night because the room was very dark and I had never been in it before. once I figured out where the lights were I adjusted okay.

the wireless internet for the building was poor. the connection was unreliable and the speed was very slow. I am guess this was because the hotel was full because of the engineering conference and most of the guests were using the wireless for one or more devices. maybe its okay most of the time if the hotel is less full or the guests are more typical internet users.

Breakfast was available in the hotel restaurant. food was okay but not really worth the $20 cost for the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review of Hyatt Regency Columbus, and the positive feedback regarding our newly renovated guestrooms.
Thank you for bringing the heating/AC and lighting challenges you experienced to my attention, as we are always looking for ways to improve our guest's stay.
Please keep us in mind the next time you travel to the Columbus area.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Very nice hotel with very helpful staff,, bartender went out of his way to get pamphlets on what was to do around town. It was a little chilly for our visit but was comfortable to walk to arena district without a coat. Closest location of all hotels to all the entertainment Columbus has to offer. (Arena distinct)

• Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay with us! I am pleased our bar wait staff was able to offer suggestions of fun things to do in the area. We empower our employees with as much information as possible to help enhance our guest's stay. Please allow us to be of service the next time you stay in the Columbus area.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Good location, nice staff but for the price ..saying average is being generous. Heard every little noise in the hallway and next room.

Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank NewFam6

Thank you for taking the time to review Hyatt Regency Columbus. I apologize for the elevated noise levels you experienced while with us. I hope the next time you travel to the Columbus area you will give us another opportunity to give you a flawless stay.