“Quality stay in a prime location”

Hyatt Regency Columbus
Ranked #15 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed for one evening at this hotel while relocating to the Columbus area. The rooms were very nice and extremely clean, which is a great combination. The hotel is in a great, safe location right downtown and the visit couldn't have been any better!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments about your recent stay! I hope to be of service if you have friends or family visit you in your new Columbus home. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while in town for the NCAA Tournament games being held up the street. The hotel is very modern, and the room was clean and well-appointed. We slept very well in the bed (at least after the kids in the hallway calmed down). The flat screen TV swiveled all the way around so you could see it in bed, straight on in the two chair sitting area, or over to the desk/bathroom area. There was also a small refrigerator and safe. The internet worked well, but they charge I think $9.95/day for the privilege. I hope you will join me in complaining about this continued practice, because I think it is ridiculous these days. The cheapest motels around have free WIFI anymore.

We didn't eat at the hotel, so can't comment on that. The elevators were a wait, and heard others complaining about that. We valet parked, and those guys were all very nice and were hustling. It costs $23/day, but it's better than the self-parking a block away.

I would definitely stay at the Hyatt again if I am in Columbus in the future.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the elevators!!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Petty
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for the feedback about your stay during the NCAA games! I am glad you were able to take advantage of the upgrades to our guestrooms.
Your input regarding complimentary Internet is very much appreciated and has been forwarded to Hyatt’s Corporate Office for further consideration. Nominal fees for in-room Internet are consistent throughout the full-service hotel industry (Marriott, Hilton, Westin, Hyatt), and is continually evaluated based on feedback from seasoned travelers like yourself.
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our Valet. Our contracted valet company, Standard Parking, like Hyatt Hotels, prides itself on fast, friendly service. I am glad you had a positive experience with them.
I hope the next time you require accommodations in the Columbus we can again be of service.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Although this hotel is connected to the convention center, it is very quiet with freshly decorated rooms. The breakfast buffet is a good value with a tasty selection and quick service. The valet is very fast compared to other hotels with pleasant doormen to ensure your directions are correct. The front desk is friendly and efficient. The bathrooms are spotless. The location is good with handy access to the expressway.

Room Tip: Front desk is very helful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Hyatt Regency Columbus! We strive to provide a flawless stay for each of our guests, and I am happy to see that we succeeded in this instance. I look forward to being of service the next time your travels bring you to the Columbus area.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

My husband held his company's Annual Banquet and Meeting here the first week of February. I was totally impressed at our room and the decor. It was amazingly clean and renovations have made this hotel look like a brand new one. We had Julie as our contact and she was there at our beckoned call - no matter what it was. We were treated like we were the only group in the hotel, when there were very large conferences and groups in and out during our whole stay. The food was wonderful and we can honestly say, our whole stay, whether it be meeting rooms, Banquet, lunches, or guest brunches - all was fantastic. I would definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: This is a big hotel that joins to the convention center. This allows for more food availabilities...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Hyatt Regency Columbus! We strive to achieve the best level of service and hospitality possible, and I am pleased we were able to do so throughout your stay. I will pass your wonderful comments about Julie on to her and her direct Supervisor, as it is always nice to know you have made a guest happy. I look forward to having you as our guests at the next company banquet!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is a really nice hotel in the middle of columbus. Close to Short North and Arena districts. Connect to the convention center. Room was nice, clean and comfortable. Staff was quick and helpful. We got a good deal on priceline, but don't forget that parking is $14 per day. Also, the connected parking garage would not let our SUV in the gate (height alarm light went off), so we had to park at Chestnut st garage and wind our way through the skywalks back to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Columbus! We acknowledge that parking is a hot commodity in downtown Columbus. I am pleased you were able to find parking at the Chestnut Street Garage. It is a less expensive option, and accessible by our guests through the covered skywalk. I look forward to being of service the next time your find yourself in need of accommodations in the Columbus area.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

I was recently in Columbus on business and stayed at the Hyatt Regency. The check in process was very quick and smooth. The room was extremely clean with an abundance of accessible electrical hookups. The bed was comfortable and I rested well.

I had breakfast at a restaurant in the hotel and the food was very good. It was a bit pricey, but in line with what you would find at similar hotels. I did not have any issues during my visit, so I cannot speak to that aspect of their customer service. I did find the staff to be very pleasant.

The check out process was also very quick and smooth. I enjoyed my stay and highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

I am so pleased you had a great stay with us! Our new Executive Chef, Steve Johnson, is working tirelessly to provide a menu in our restaurant that is both tasty and nutritious. Our entire staff prides itself on providing exceptional, genuine service, and I am glad we succeeded with your stay. I hope you will again consider Hyatt Regency Columbus should your business travels return you to the area.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

The Hyatt is a good hotel. The renovation from last year has kept it relevant.. but its a 30 year old hotel and starting to show its age. For the price its decent. Clean and quiet for the most part. The higher up you are the quieter. One complaint, there are flat screens , but no hd channels.

Room Tip: Be wary of the corner rooms.. some can be quite small
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Tim_Dant, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Thank you for the feedback about Hyatt Regency Columbus. The $12 million renovation we underwent last year has given us a beautiful new room product that we love to share with our guests!
You are correct, the 41 channels that we offer are not HD compatible, however, that is a change that is forthcoming. We anticipate the upgrade to HD compatibility to occur by 2013. I hope you will continue to utilize Hyatt Regency Columbus for your travel needs in the Columbus area.