All reviews ohio theater the club lounge valet parking spg member state capitol valet service front desk staff within walking distance hotel bar per day large bathroom business trip german village king room stayed one night short north fitness center
Selected filters
Reviewed May 23, 2019

I attended a conference and stayed at this hotel. Some parts of the conference center were dated, but the hotel room and lobby were updated and nice. The bed was very comfortable and the room a good size. The front desk staff were very hospitable and answered all of my questions (the Bonvoy app was very helpful with this) ... The location was close to a lot of restaurants and shops. Overall, any shortcomings were matched with great service and a welcoming atmosphere.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2019

I'm stingy with my star ratings, and if this hotel hadn't had dated decor, it would have been 5 stars all the way around. Great location, amazing staff - all of them, and the best banquet food I have ever had. If you need a location for your next conference, this should top the list! The guest rooms and meeting rooms were all very comfortable. Did I mention the staff? Again, this was the best experience I've ever had with friendly, pleasant and accommodating hotel staff (housekeeping, front desk, catering, bar/restaurant) - the GM is doing something right to have such terrific people working here. They also had the nicest fitness center I've ever used in a hotel.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for our son’s OSU graduation. Check in was easy (the buckeyes offered were delicious) , the staff were friendly & the hotel was clean & quiet. The bed & pillows were comfortable. The location was fabulous. It was close to campus, restaurants, bars & other activities. Our room was spacious & had a beautiful view of the Capital building. The fitness room was on the 22nd floor with a great view, nice equipment & TVs. We would stay here again!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimnart
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Stayed one night. The girl at check in was nice enough to get me on an upper floor over looking the lawn amphitheater. Rooms are old with dark carpeting.
I had a room with a king bed. They could do a better job here vacuuming and cleaning around the edges.
Executive Lounge on 20 is good.
It would be nice if they had a way to check yourself in here as there was a long line checking in and it took long to checkin this afternoon. Restaurants around to walk to and can walk down to the river for exercise.
Bed seemed worn down on one side where easiest to get into it. Bathroom had nice views of the lawn amphitheater also.
Good location but rooms are drab and dreary. Channels on tv are limited.
Not a bad stay but didn’t sleep that well even though they had a thinner blanket in addition to the heavy comforter.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Sheraton C, Front Desk Manager at Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Dear BobbyDD,

I am sorry that you stay did not live up to your expectations. I have shared this review with my front desk staff and the other teams in the hotel so that we can improve our service. Once again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to submit your review.

John Costlow
Front Desk Manager
614-365-4500

Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

Every year for the past 5 years we travel with 50 to 60 adult running athletes to the Ohio Health 1/4 and 1/2 marathon event. Every year we stay at the Sheraton.

Thank you to the staff of the Sheraton for making our stay feel like we were staying at home.

Coffee, tea and a simple runners breakfast the morning of the event. Outstanding.

The lounge provided breakfast and an evening snack every day was fantastic. It was a great spot for our 60 people to come together and share their race stories. The staff in the lounge were outstanding.

I want to thank the bell boys and valet car service for outstanding service.

Trip type: Traveled on business