“Great Location”

Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel
Ranked #57 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with a friend while in town for a conference. Valet parking is $23/day - not terrible. The location of the hotel is really nice. We were able to walk to our conference at Nationwide Arena (a mile away), CVS (down the block), and to two different restaurants for dinner each night we were there. There is a very nice courtyard area with a fountain just outside the hotel. We felt safe walking at night in the area of the hotel, too.
The lobby is clean and modern. The Sheraton Link area of the lobby had a lot of computers always available for use. Starbucks was right there as well.
I'm not sure if the room we were in had gone through a refurbishment yet, at least I hope it hadn't. The carpet was dark, the wall paper was dark, the furniture was dark. The bed wasn't as comfortable as I'm used to with the Sheraton brand.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel. The staff at the front desk was friendly, the valet had our cars available in about 10 minutes, and the hotel was clean. I would not hesitate staying there again if the need arises.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
SheratonDowntown, Manager at Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear gator_ade16, Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the city.
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square and there is a chance that you were in one of our unrenovated guestrooms. At this point as of just a few days ago all of our guest floors available are completely renovated. The new rooms are much brighter with a modern look and we hope that you will get to experience the new product very soon for your next stay in Columbus! Sincerely, Manager at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was in Columbus on business and expected a nice experience. The Sheraton is a great brand right? The staff was great, very friendly and helpful, but housekeeping? I have never experienced such horrible housekeeping. I was there for five days. The rugs were never vacuumed neither was the floor in the bathroom swept or mopped. Trash cans were not emptied unless I put them in the middle of the room. Dirty towels were left on the floor and clean towels just plopped on the racks with no attention to detail. The bathroom sink was never cleaned and one day I noticed blood on the duvet cover. I started looking for bedbugs and fortunately didn't find any. After this experience I will never stay at another Sheraton.

1  Thank hollace
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Formally the Hyatt, the Sheraton Capitol Square has been updated and renovated. The shiny floors are like the other new Sheratons, as well as the lobby and computer area. There is a small mall attached with a couple of food joints and a place for soda and snacks. Inside the hotel you will find a Starbucks that opens to the outside street. The rooms have all been updated and are very impressive with the modern furniture. I don't understand why the Sheratons are redoing the rooms if you can't have a plug in for your phone beside the bed or on the lamp, what's up with that.

Perfect beds, Starbucks single serve coffee makers, and SHINE toiletries. Wonderful night sleep, can't wait to sleep here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear FlyMom10, Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. It would be appreciated if you would contact us at cmorrow@dhmhotels.com to let us know which exact room you were in to make sure that the room has been completed with the power strip attached to the night stand next to the bed. The power strip should have been installed in all rooms during the renovation, thank you for bringing this to our attention.We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Columbus!
Sincerely, Manager at Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. It used to be the Hyatt on Capitol Square. I stayed there a few years ago when it was a Hyatt and I must say that Sherato has completely overhauled the interior. The lobby is more modern and welcoming. Clearly the updates have done wonders to the appearance of the place. However, underneath those updates, there are some small things that still need modernizing. Some of the carpet and plumbing. The price for parking during the weekend was my only complaint. It was dead in the city and the parking was $25 a night. It was outrageous! I can see if it was a busy busy weekend, but I felt kind of taken.

Room Tip: I have been told to ask for the newly renovated rooms. Not sure if that is all of them at this point...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear PickyHotelReviewer, Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you appreciated the renovated rooms at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square. There are still a few items that you mentioned that we are working on updating and replacing. We have put over $10 million into the renovation and it impacted all areas of the hotel including some plumbing updates. We understand your concern with Valet Parking. Valet Parking at the hotel is a flat fee that allows unlimited in and out privledges. The surrounding self-parking options cost on each entry or exit. We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Columbus!
Sincerely, Manager at Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My trip to Columbus was another excellent visit due to the outstanding accommodations at the Sheraton Capital Square. Upon my arrival, the valet was extremely crowded but very efficient and quick. In spite of the long line, my check-in was also very efficient and quick. I was rather surprised at how fast the whole process went. The room was very spacious, clean and pleasant. I loved how it was laid out, very well thought out. The bed was extremely comfortable, the a/c was easy on and I had a view of the beautiful church across the street for sale. It was very quiet and I noticed no other noises while sleeping. I am a very light sleeper. Very close to many of the amenities and across the street from the Capitol. How convenient. A very enjoyable stay and I would absolutely recommend this hotel for your visit to Columbus.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed during a hectic July 4th week for girls national volleyball tournament at Columbus Convention Center. The staff at the Sheraton were fantastic. Some renovations were underway and they really made the stay comfortable. The manager, Stacey, was organized to accomadate impromptu dinners in the lobby for fatiqued teams, help with extra refrigerators for the rooms and tracking little children. Beds were extremely comfortable, rooms clean and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night and enjoyed the view on July 4th - saw many fireworks displays in the distance. The room was modern, spacious, and clean. The bathroom had a huge counter and a fine shower with a wide curved curtain. We used the safe, but we missed having a mini-fridge in the room. In the morning, we worked out in the fitness room on the 22nd floor - awesome views and nice equipment (bikes, treadmills, elipticals, and weight machines). Overall, it was a great experience for the price ($70 on priceline + about $20 for fees).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple