“Decent Stay, no big complaints”

Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel
Ranked #54 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Toledo, Ohio
“Decent Stay, no big complaints”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. It used to be the Hyatt on Capitol Square. I stayed there a few years ago when it was a Hyatt and I must say that Sherato has completely overhauled the interior. The lobby is more modern and welcoming. Clearly the updates have done wonders to the appearance of the place. However, underneath those updates, there are some small things that still need modernizing. Some of the carpet and plumbing. The price for parking during the weekend was my only complaint. It was dead in the city and the parking was $25 a night. It was outrageous! I can see if it was a busy busy weekend, but I felt kind of taken.

Room Tip: I have been told to ask for the newly renovated rooms. Not sure if that is all of them at this point...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonDowntown, Manager at Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear PickyHotelReviewer, Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you appreciated the renovated rooms at the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square. There are still a few items that you mentioned that we are working on updating and replacing. We have put over $10 million into the renovation and it impacted all areas of the hotel including some plumbing updates. We understand your concern with Valet Parking. Valet Parking at the hotel is a flat fee that allows unlimited in and out privledges. The surrounding self-parking options cost on each entry or exit. We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Columbus!
Sincerely, Manager at Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My trip to Columbus was another excellent visit due to the outstanding accommodations at the Sheraton Capital Square. Upon my arrival, the valet was extremely crowded but very efficient and quick. In spite of the long line, my check-in was also very efficient and quick. I was rather surprised at how fast the whole process went. The room was very spacious, clean and pleasant. I loved how it was laid out, very well thought out. The bed was extremely comfortable, the a/c was easy on and I had a view of the beautiful church across the street for sale. It was very quiet and I noticed no other noises while sleeping. I am a very light sleeper. Very close to many of the amenities and across the street from the Capitol. How convenient. A very enjoyable stay and I would absolutely recommend this hotel for your visit to Columbus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed during a hectic July 4th week for girls national volleyball tournament at Columbus Convention Center. The staff at the Sheraton were fantastic. Some renovations were underway and they really made the stay comfortable. The manager, Stacey, was organized to accomadate impromptu dinners in the lobby for fatiqued teams, help with extra refrigerators for the rooms and tracking little children. Beds were extremely comfortable, rooms clean and quiet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night and enjoyed the view on July 4th - saw many fireworks displays in the distance. The room was modern, spacious, and clean. The bathroom had a huge counter and a fine shower with a wide curved curtain. We used the safe, but we missed having a mini-fridge in the room. In the morning, we worked out in the fitness room on the 22nd floor - awesome views and nice equipment (bikes, treadmills, elipticals, and weight machines). Overall, it was a great experience for the price ($70 on priceline + about $20 for fees).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms and the decor and finishes give this hotel 4 stars. The bed is one of the best beds I have ever slept in. Ordered room service and the food was decent. However the service was very prompt and professional and friendly. Would definitely stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed July 2012
florida
Reviewed July 7, 2012

After reading some older reviews, I was a little concerned about cleanliness. I had booked through Priceline as a 4 star for $90.00. The room was large and spacious. Bed comfy. Exercise room better than most. I give it a great rating.

• Stayed July 2012
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I've traveled to hotels around the U.S on business, and unexpectedly, the Sheraton in Columbus, Ohio was the biggest eye-opener.

HIghly recommended.

---------
To whom it may concern,

I just wanted to compliment the housekeeping that I encountered on my stay last weekend. If you could forward this to the appropriate contact, it’d be highly appreciated.

I stayed at the Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square on Friday and Saturday night. On Friday night I dropped cash on the ground in the room unknowingly. I went out to visit some clients, and quickly realized the cash was missing. After I left for work the next day, I returned to new linens and the cash sitting nicely next to the TV. Your housekeeper(s) decided to leave it on the dresser rather than place it in their own pocket. This is impressive in today’s world. I’d like to thank them for being so honest and professional.

The valet team was also a pleasure. They were super-quick and friendly to converse with – friendly on a REAL level, not a cheesy superficial one.

You guys are all awesome.
Thanks for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
So glad to hear that you had a great experience. Our staff works exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. We are actually in the process of training all of our staff on the “Sheraton Experience,” so this is a great sign that the training is making an impact. I have shared this feedback with all the staff and we hope to see you again the next time you return to Columbus!
Thank you, Manager of the Sheraton Columbus Capitol Square