“Ok, no frills”

Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel
Ranked #59 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I wasn't overly impressed with the hotel. The staff seemed to just be there for the check and the room wasn't all that clean. The internet was hit and miss and while trying to take a shower, it took a few minutes to get hot water. For the price, the stay could have been better.

2  Thank Kary B
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Columbus at Capitol Square Hotel

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Priceline told me that I 'saved 37%' with my bid, but this hotel would be overpriced if it was free. The bedding is soiled, there is years' accumulation of dust around the vent, and it generally smells like my grandpa's easy chair. So far during my two night stay, more than $400 has been 'fenced' from my checking account, and no one at the hotel will call me back or explain why. A sympathetic woman in accounting told me that "debit cards are confusing" and she can understand why I'm upset, but that the money will return to my account on checkout. I hope Sheraton uses my loan to pay for some upgrades.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Diane B
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Friendly staff, good location, walking distance to several good restaurants. The rooms are a bit outdated but large with plenty of room to move around. Bathrooms are also large with ample counter space.

On the down side, the only time I could find water warm enough for a shower was at 5:30am and mixed reviews of the on-site restaurant.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel is listed as a 4 star hotel, which isn't the case at all. The photos on their website are beautiful.... however that's not the rooms actually look like. Our room was old, the ceiling was stained, peeling and dirty from the vents. The chair was stained as well. (I will add that the bed linens were very clean, bright white & fresh.) When we asked to talk to the manager about the room we were given vs the photos on the website we were told that they will be remodeling and the photos reflect what the rooms WILL look like when it's finished. That info was NOT noted anywhere on the website. VERY misleading, if not a straight out lie. In addition there is no pool, parking is $23/day & the internet is $10/day PER DEVICE...yikes! The most disappointing peice of this was the managers attitude towards the misleading photos, like it's "ok" to falsely advertise your product.... because it's really not.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed for one night on business. Taxi from airport to hotel is $18 fixed price by orange cab if you call ahead. Hotel does not offer free shuttle. The hotel is somewhat dated and in need of renovation. The front desk is very friendly. Rooms are very clean especially the bathrooms. The TVs are big and old - not the flat screen HDTV in most hotels today. Room is very quiet - HVAC system noise is minimal. There is coffee in the room and the size is very typical of most rooms. There is valet parking for $12. The hotel is located very central to downtown Columbus and is within walking distance to all the major office buildings. If you're looking for a quick, comfortable stay, this hotel is fine. For the price you pay, it is an average experience.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

I checked into the Sheraton on Capitol Square last week because of its location. I had a meeting in the adjacent office tower. I had stayed there a number of times years ago when it was the Hyatt. I was pleased with the hotel, and especially with the staff. The people were very friendly and helpful. The room had recently been remodeled and was very large and comfortable. I got a great price on Sheraton.com. Based on my experience, I will definitely return if I have more business in downtown Columbus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been recently remodeled.
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This was the first time I've been disappointed with a Sheraton property. While the staff were freindly and helpful, especially Glenda, the hotel was no value.
1) Cleanliness: Below average. There was mildew/mold around the shower and tub. Also a very poor caulking job around tub/shower.
2) No airport shuttle.
3) Worst $22 breakfast on the planet (worst $7 breakfast for that matter). The french toast tasted stale and with barely a trace of egg. $5 for coffee? I'll accept responsibility for not looking at the pricing before I ordered, but an expectation of decent quality is reasonable.

Upon my return, I will definitely look for other accomodations.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business