“Homewood suites Worthington, OH” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Ranked #46 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, Ohio
“Homewood suites Worthington, OH”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Just spent a night in the Homewood suites in Worthington, OH. We thought the place was very nice. Comfortable beds, very good breakfast, very good service. I had one minor complaint. We requested a quiet room and they put us on the freeway side of the building. Not bad, but why not put on the other side if quiet is requested. Would definitely stay again even if it was on the freeway side.

Room Tip: away from freeway
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Zach N, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Homewood Suites. We do our best to make sure that every guest does get a quiet room. I will add that if you booked a double room, the doubles are all located by the freeway. But we do have King Suites with pull out sofas not on the freeway side. If you would like further detail about the rooms type or have any other questions please do not hesitate to let me know. My email is Zach.Norris@hilton.com

Have a Wonderful Day,

Zach Norris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Columbus, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Staff was very friendly, helpful. Quality of the food was good. The manager's reception had a nice selection of beverages. The food was of high quality, served warm. The breakfast the following morning was also of good quality, served warm and tasty.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Zach N, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our Homewood Suites with the Trip Advisor community. We are looking forward to your return visit.
Take care,
Zach
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I really loved this Homewood. This is one of the originals...We had the one bedroom fireplace suite, and it was great. Unlike the newer Homewoods, this had a completely separate bathroom from the bedroom. It was larger than the newer rooms are. It was spotlessly clean, and all amenities were provided. Breakfast was good, and the service staff was very nice. The reception area is separate from the lodging. The only thing that might disturb some people would be the road noise ....and the trains!!! I LOVE trains...and it's a good thing, because there was one blowing it's horn about every hour all night long. Possibly because of the Budweiser plant close by? Anyway....I would return....and highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Hilton Hotels, and Homewood suites is one of my favorites. However, this location was sub par from what the other locations have to offer. The biggest issue I had while I stayed was a sewage smell coming from my bathroom vent every time I turned it on. The problem is that the fan is attached to the light, so if you want to have any light in the bathroom, you had to smell sewage. I reported it to the front desk and they promptly had someone come and fix it. However, when I got back to my room that night, the smell came right back. I reported it again, and it was never fixed. I told the clerk at the front desk that it had never been fixed when I checked out, and she told me that because I had my do not disturb sign on my door, they could not come in the room at all. Well, that would have been nice to know, I figured that a work order would trump the sign, or they would at least still knock since I was gone all day. I was the one that requested the work order!!!! The only reason I keep the sign on is because I have had things taken from my room by cleaning crews in the past, So I only have my room cleaned if it truly needs it. So everything I took on the trip now smelled like sewage. That was the first issue, the second was that they do not have a designated floor set aside for smoking, they are staggered all over the floor, so even though I had a non-smoking room, any time I would open my room door, the fantastic, fragrant, aroma of stale smoke filled my lungs. Yuck! The day of checkout, the elevator was broken so I got to lug my heavy suitcase down three flights of stairs. That is always fun! Beds were much more uncomfortable than other Hilton hotels that I stayed at. I am a very easy-going traveler, and I am not picky at all and I am the last to complain about anything, but for this level of a hotel chain, I expected much more and if I am writing a review like this, you KNOW I was truly disappointed. I expect that overall this is a great hotel to stay at, but my experience was just not a good one. Room 302 is the room I was in with the smell FYI.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kyle s
Gallipolis, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very pleasant, and clean place to stay. Wish there were more like it. Both breakfast and dinner are included in the price. We had breakfast there, and it was real food! Now you may or may not find that funny, but most hotel breakfast isn't fit to be served, and never tastes very pleasant. But this food was great! We didn't eat dinner here, but should have.(check my review on BJ's brewhouse restaurant and you'll figure this one out) We weren't wild about the bathroom layout which was on the right side of the king bed.. directly beside it. There was NO door going in. During the nite of course, you turn on a light... which shined in the persons face on that side of the bed, full force. Its a good thing we didn't have privacy issues, because that is where you showered. The toilet was beyond this and it did have a door you could shut for that part of the bathroom. I will go back again because I loved this place, but I'll be sure I have a flashlight with me so I won't have to turn on any lights til I get to the "enclosed" part..lol. Now here was my major problem... noise!! Lots and lots of noise!! I don't sleep well at all and this place is right on the interstate, which means semi trucks all nite long.. I could have dealt with that, but guess what?? About 4 in the morning they began doing road work right outside our room! I ended up with a headache, and lack of sleep beyond my normal.. If not for the road work it would have been fine.. if you have a problem with nighttime noise you may want to think twice about staying here. Otherwise, you'll love it. Hopefully, my next visit won't include road work at 4 am in the morning.

Room Tip: check and see if there are rooms not directly facing the interstate traffic.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Arl Hts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

service was great, but elevator broke. Was close to function. breakfast was great. elevator had been repaired just before we arrived.; broke on Saturday nite, not fixed by Monday check out. Staff helped as much as they could. Toaster did not work, got replacement. Hard for handicapped to go up and down stairs.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband, I and our two children ages 7 months and 4 stayed here last weekend. We were looking for a suite hotel because our 4 year old has food allergies and we really like to have a kitchen area to prepare his meals. Also, I wanted a separate room to go to when our 7 month old woke up in the middle of the night.

The hotel met those needs. And all of the staff were very nice. But . . . on our 3rd day there we did not get maid service. And that was a day we really needed it as we were ready to have our towels switched out and the room was untidy. I don't know what happened. We told the front desk when we called for more towels, etc. The front desk person was very nice and sent the maintenance man with new towels for us as the cleaning staff had left for the day. The maintenance man was very nice, too. But that didn't make up for a room that needed to be tidied up and a bathroom that needed to be cleaned.

We chose this location of Homewood Suites because someone on trip advisor had a similar complaint about the Hilliard location. I wonder if the corporate training of the maid staff needs to be revisited.

It is possible we put our do not disturb door hanger on when we went to breakfast at the hotel but I'm certain it was off when we left for the day because it was not there when we returned.

Also I could hear all of our neighbors talking in adjoining rooms and above us (walking) at various times in the evening and night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family