“Excellent - Updated Rooms plus extras!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Ranked #61 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for corporate training. The rooms have been updated including updated decor, bedding, mattresses, and electronics. They are pretty spacious. Check in was very fast and simple. The building entrances are key card locked.

This hotel is different from others, which I have stayed. They off a fantastic breakfast with many choices. The first night I stayed they offered freshly made eggs, bacon, and french toast. Along with a selection of juices, milks, cereal, breads, yogurts, and muffins. The second morning offered the same extras, with the exception of the menu changing to scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and biscuits and gravy.

But here's the kicker: from 5pm-7pm they offer dinner with dirt cheap drink specials! The first night I did not partake in the dinner. The second night they offered chicken tortellini, salad, bread sticks, and mixed vegetables. There was also a mini bar set up with dollar beer offerings and other mixed drink offerings. It was a very good deal and is included with your stay! The food was exceptional for the entire stay. I was very impressed!

There was ample room for dining each day and night. The hotel provides a complimentary USA Today newspaper at your doorstep and also provides complimentary wireless internet. The room and whole stay experience was very clean and comfortable. I will be looking for other hotels within this brand when I book in the future.

1  Thank centro7810

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Overall impression: This hotel has the food, workout center and rooms of more expensive hotels just down the road.

Location: Unfortunately, this hotel is not conveniently downtown. I chose it because it was near where I had business. However, it is just a 15-20 minute drive downtown and there are plenty of restaurants within an easy walk.

Amenities: This is what won me over. Mon. – Thur. is a pretty decent free dinner. Free breakfast in the morning is hot and filling (but with ample healthy options). Free internet is easy to get to. It was winter so we did not use the pool. Work out center did not have many lifting options, but the treadmills were great.

Rooms: These were a an amazing value. Kitchenette with fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher. Living room area, big room. Bed was comfortable to me – although I can sleep almost anywhere so I might not be the most discerning judge.

Service: The staff was courteous and helpful. When I thought the treadmill was broken, the guy at the front desk was ready to come up in a minute’s notice.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

After three stays here, we have made this the only place where we will stay when coming to Columbus for family gatherings.

The staff was knowledgeable and very helpful. Every staff person seemed to enjoy their job, which added to the welcoming atmosphere.

The maintenance man went out of his way to locate a log for our fireplace, and the breakfast staff was extremely courteous.

Room Tip: The King fireplace rooms are quiet and comfortably large.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I come here alot I mean like at least 3 overnight stays a month. We come after work shop some and get up and shop and go home. I live 3 hrs away so I love coming here. I have places hidden away off the beaten path that een the locals dont know about:) we have stayed in about 8 different hotels that we frequent in rotation. Most are in the Polaris area. But this is my first time here and definitely not the last! What I love: the smaller suite. It is The only room I have ever seen in this smaller size where the bedroom has it's own door. Has a nice kitchen minus an oven:( table and chairs and a chair and sofa innliving area with big tv. The bathroom area has a big closet and separate sink area from toilet and bathtub:)y fiancé snores and for the first time ever in our years of traveling gave I not woke up to him. He slept on the pullout sofabed which was not uncomfortable. This is spacious for two people and I wish there was a layout for a room where we vacation every year:( my only complaint about the room is that hoousekeeping needs to dust the lampshades every once and awhile:( and behind the furniture along the carpet and wall:( my complaint in general is that thy ran out I food for breakfast. They have real food here because people stay for extended times so my suggestion is before each day just look at how many people and rooms they have occupied to prevent issues.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Front desk clerk was extremely knowledgeable, polite and welcoming. Room turned out to be a wonderful suite even though we reserved a regular king room. Had full kitchen, full bathroom with vanity outside the door. Separate living room and a fireplace, even though we didn't use it because it was a real one that burned wood. Couldn't figure out how to turn on the heat so called the front desk and he was there within 5 minutes. We can't wait to come back next time we are traveling through Columbus.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed here for 8 nights, and found my room spacious and very clean. The bed was a good size, and a range of pillows to choose from.
The hot breakfast options changed slightly each morning which added some variety, and there was also a reasonable cold buffet selection.
One negative aspect was the quality of the TV channels and reception was not particularly great, although I didn't get much opportunity to watch it, some of the channels didn't appear to work at all
On returning back one evening, my door key failed to work, and reception was also unable to open it and I was thus unable to get in my room until a maintenance man was called out to drill out the lock. Although this was inconvenient at the time, reception staff were very sorry, and I was compensated satisfactorily.
I would however have no problems in recommending this place to anyone, and I would certainly stay there again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business