“Found my new fav place in Columbus” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Ranked #38 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Ohio
“Found my new fav place in Columbus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I come here alot I mean like at least 3 overnight stays a month. We come after work shop some and get up and shop and go home. I live 3 hrs away so I love coming here. I have places hidden away off the beaten path that een the locals dont know about:) we have stayed in about 8 different hotels that we frequent in rotation. Most are in the Polaris area. But this is my first time here and definitely not the last! What I love: the smaller suite. It is The only room I have ever seen in this smaller size where the bedroom has it's own door. Has a nice kitchen minus an oven:( table and chairs and a chair and sofa innliving area with big tv. The bathroom area has a big closet and separate sink area from toilet and bathtub:)y fiancé snores and for the first time ever in our years of traveling gave I not woke up to him. He slept on the pullout sofabed which was not uncomfortable. This is spacious for two people and I wish there was a layout for a room where we vacation every year:( my only complaint about the room is that hoousekeeping needs to dust the lampshades every once and awhile:( and behind the furniture along the carpet and wall:( my complaint in general is that thy ran out I food for breakfast. They have real food here because people stay for extended times so my suggestion is before each day just look at how many people and rooms they have occupied to prevent issues.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Front desk clerk was extremely knowledgeable, polite and welcoming. Room turned out to be a wonderful suite even though we reserved a regular king room. Had full kitchen, full bathroom with vanity outside the door. Separate living room and a fireplace, even though we didn't use it because it was a real one that burned wood. Couldn't figure out how to turn on the heat so called the front desk and he was there within 5 minutes. We can't wait to come back next time we are traveling through Columbus.

• Stayed December 2012
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed here for 8 nights, and found my room spacious and very clean. The bed was a good size, and a range of pillows to choose from.
The hot breakfast options changed slightly each morning which added some variety, and there was also a reasonable cold buffet selection.
One negative aspect was the quality of the TV channels and reception was not particularly great, although I didn't get much opportunity to watch it, some of the channels didn't appear to work at all
On returning back one evening, my door key failed to work, and reception was also unable to open it and I was thus unable to get in my room until a maintenance man was called out to drill out the lock. Although this was inconvenient at the time, reception staff were very sorry, and I was compensated satisfactorily.
I would however have no problems in recommending this place to anyone, and I would certainly stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was our first stay at a Homewood Suites Hotel and we were very much impressed by the small things that made a big difference. It started from the time of our arrival and continued to checkout. While checking in the clerk noticed my military ID card and immediately checked to see if the military rate was better it was and he changed to the military rate. The room was as expected and the bed was comfortable. The small kitchen area was nice but the fact that there was real glass dishes including coffee cups was most pleasant. Breakfast was also served on real china instead of paper plates which was delightful to say the least. All staff members contacted during our visit were pleasant and eager to help. At check out I reported a small problem in the room and was assured it would be repaired. We often stay in Columbus and we have several hotels that are our favorites. We now have a new favorite. One last note about a week after our visit I was surprised by an e-mail from the Manager thanking me for my visit. We will definately be guest at this hotel when traveling through Columbus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Altamonte Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family and I spent Thanksgiving weekend at this hotel, and the stay was quite pleasant. It was very convenient to our extended family gatherings up in Lewis Center, and as two of us had tickets to attend the Ohio State-Michigan football game (GO BUCKEYES!), we were thrilled to find COTA shuttle bus service, within walking distance of the hotel, to and from Ohio Stadium. The housekeeping staff seems to be a little "skimpy" with replacement towels, and we had to remind them three times, over a four day stay, that there were four people in our party, not three. However, extra towels and toiletries were cheerfully and expeditiously brought up to our room.

The lobby and breakfast room are located in the "lodge" (main building), which necessitates a short outside walk from the guest rooms. Parking spaces were at a premium until Sunday night, when the post-game crowd thinned out considerably.

The staff is friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was tasty and well-stocked. As we were not there during the workweek, there was no evening Manager's Reception with dinner.

The hotel is in the Crosswoods section of Worthington, with several other hotels, restaurants and mostly empty office complexes (it was a holiday weekend, after all). The roads can be somewhat confusing in this immediate area, and there seemed to be many unfamiliar and inattentive motorists driving around.

The king suite is nice and roomy, but our two "big" sons found the shared sleeper couch to be a bit cramped. We had requested a rollaway bed, but the hotel does not offer them, due to fire department restrictions. We were made aware of this unavailability in advance of our stay, so it was not a surprise to us, and we appreciated the advance notice.

Overall, we had a nice stay at this property, and paid a very fair room rate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My friend recently sent an article to me about a couple in their late 60’s who sold their home and became Senior Gypsies. They traveled the world and lived in furnished apartments in cities and towns they wanted to explore. This extend stay hotel made be think about just how well this would work for me.
This was my first time to stay in a Suites rather than a typical hotel room. It provides a more livable environment for a long-term traveler. I like the idea of having a door between the bedroom and the living room/kitchen area. You don’t distribute your husband if you are an early riser and want to surf the net or watch TV while he is sleeping.
This property was clean, neat and well maintained. The complimentary breakfast was typical as other hotels, but the service was friendly and the food was fresh.
Since we were on a short two-night trip, we did not use our kitchen, but it was nice to know I could be comfortable here with a quick trip to the grocery store!
I think I could become a Senior Gypsy.

Room Tip: We had the room adjacent to the laudry room and accross from the ice machine and gym. We didn't...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I like to stay at Homewood suites so as we got close to Columbus where we decided to stop for the day, I researched with my phone and found this hotel and a Hampton Inn with rooms available. We chose Homewood since we wanted the suite with the refigerator that we could use to refreeze our blue ice and a microwave to make popcorn in case, we did not like the evening offering at the managers reception. The staff member at the check in was not very helpful, did not explain room or amenities, tried to get away with giving us one key. When we got to the room, it was not a suite like we have had at other Homewoods, did not even have a microwave or fridge and very small. I wanted to go change it but my husband was extremely tired after driving for 11 hours did not want to bother. The place where you eat dinner and breakfast is not connected to the rooms so you always had a long walk and had to go out in the chilly weather to get there. The food was okay but not up to the standard of other Homewoods we have stayed at. There are several hotels in this vicinity and this hotel was the closest to 270 and our room faced it so it was very noisy plus all during the night there were train whistles going off frequently. We had hoped for a restful reviving night to get ready for our next leg of our trip and that certainly did not happen! Definitely would not stay here again!

Room Tip: Make sure you know what type room you are getting (We have always had a suite at other homewood suit...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Petunia66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Courtyard Columbus Worthington
Residence Inn Columbus Worthington
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington? Share your experiences!