“Not what I expected from Doubletree”

Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Ranked #39 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Not what I expected from my past (positive) experience with Doubletree properties. I'm pretty easy going- give me a clean quiet room and I'm happy. This wasn't the case here. The entire property was EXTREMELY warm. From the hallways, to the elevator, breakfast area to my room- HOT upon arrival. I was however able to cool my room sufficiently. The bed seemed small to me- I'm 5'7" tall and my feet hung off the end of the bed. And the room was noisy- from the road and parking lot noise as well as from the adjoining room- you could hear it all. The one positive is the room was clean- I have no complaints there. A side note- I did not chose this property, we stayed as part of a group.

Room Tip: I had room #254- second floor at the end of the hall near the exit stairwell
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

I’m sorry that you found the temperature too hot but am glad that you were able to set the temperature of your room to your preference. Thank you also for your observations about the cleanliness of the room, I agree that is a pretty critical component of the experience. I know that the hotel was chosen for you, but we do appreciate you being our guest and the thoughtful feedback…it gives us some things to work on so we can be your choice in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I regularly stay at other Hilton Hotels, so I was certainly curious about my stay at Doubletree. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was well updated, and the bed was extremely comfortable. I would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for giving DoubleTree a try, and for your faith in Hiltons. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and I hope you make us a habit.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

No cookies, and too much road noise in the room makes a bad combination for doubletree. Overall service was ok, but location of hotel is off interstate and a lot of road noise came through the walls. Workout room was descent, but small. From the lobby to the elevators, the hotel smelled like chlorine from the pool.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am very sorry about the cookie snafu the weekend you were here. We have addressed it and will be ready for your next trip. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

great location for a one-night stay in Columbus (hotel is actually in a northern suburb). Professional staff; clean, functional rooms; and lots of dining choices within walking distance. Hotel is on a bus line that runs right down High Street (to downtown) in case that's on anyone's travel plans. I would stay here again for a similar trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you, Denise K for your comments and for staying with us. I'm pleased you found the location to your liking as well as the professional staff and clean rooms. Come again when you can.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The room was very nice and clean. Check in and check out was very quick and simple. The bed was extremely comfortable as were the pillows. My wife has to take her own pillow in order to sleep, but the pillows were perfect. The hotel had a pool, but we did not get a chance to use it, but looked very nice from what I saw. Plenty of restaurants around to go to, with a Winking Lizzard just across the non busy street, so you can walk to it. I would definitely use this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

It sounds like we had the right hotel for your needs, please come back when you have time for a swim!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Room was clean and comfortable, but wished it had a small refrigerator. Stayed 2 nights for a wedding and fridge would have been great for leftover snacks, fruit. Also, breakfast was pricey. Staff was very nice. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Barbi B, I'm glad your room was clean and comfortable. We are hoping to add refrigerators to all rooms in our upcoming renovations, it's a good suggestion.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very nice hotel, clean and fairly well maintained. I would definitely recommend it. My only comment would be to have housekeeping clean the grout between the tiles in the bathroom, but overall, this is a great hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank for taking the time to post a review, and for choosing to stay with us. Please come again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Comfort Inn North Polaris
#40 of 146 in Columbus
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
Residence Inn Columbus Worthington

Been to Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington? Share your experiences!