“Walls were thin”

Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Ranked #39 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel was nice. The front desk did not have much information inregards to the corporate event i was there for. The room was clean, smelled clean. It was pretty cold in the room unless i turned the hear on to 80 degrees. My biggest gripe was the walls were thing and i heard the man next door to me coughing, sneezing and snoring every night

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

I’m pleased you found the hotel nice and clean. I will follow up on the communication reference, we certainly should have information readily available for all in-house events and I apologize for the lapse.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Wind made clanking noise in stairwell plus it appeared to be the informal smoking area and the smoke smell permeated the room in the evening. Not much on cable and thank goodness I have ATT to be able to utilize WiFi without charge. Road construction made it almost impossible to leave the hotel location due to traffic jams- had to find a detour of my own to get out in the morning- not all the hotels fault. On the plus side restaurant food as very good, bed was very nice and comfortable, the room cleaning was very good and the staff was helpful and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the thoughtful review and I am pleased that you liked the restaurant, the bed, and the staff. Stairwells are not intended to be used as smoking facilities and I have shared your observation with my team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This hotel has a very long way to go to deserve affiliation with Hilton Hotels. Service was horrible. It was if there were no staff at all. The property appears recently renovated, but the service requires a major overhaul.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ms. K, I apologize for the issues you experienced. I know that my Director has communicated with you but if you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me as well.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were staying for a meeting and had a suite. Our room was wonderful, spacious, clean, and comfortable. My only complaint is that there were a large group of children there for hockey play-offs and they were everywhere in the hotel. We could not even get in the pool or Jacuzzi!!! Plus someone was jumping on the floor above us until after midnight. But the hotel, room, meeting rooms, restaurant, and staff were very accommodating. Would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

I am delighted you found the accommodations clean, spacious, and comfortable. And yes, you found us on a very busy weekend. It was a good time for all, but pretty overwhelming. Please come back on a more typical weekend, we want you to have your turn in the Jacuzzi. Call me first if you like and I will let you know what is going on around town.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a very well maintained hotel with courteous customer service. Ordered room service and the meal came in a timely fashion and the food was very good. Also used the workout facility. Room could have been a little bigger, but it had all the amenities to do a good workout. Had a very pleasant stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the feedback and I’m pleased you had a pleasant stay. Room Service can be one of the joys of travel and I’m glad you found the food very good and the service courteous. Please come back when you can.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed here for a meeting. Check-in service was fast and great.Rooms were very nice. Would have given it an excellent but when I went down for dinner, there was no one around to even ask for help. Bummer, had to go somewhere else for dinner.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am glad you found the guest rooms and service to your liking, but I am disappointed we did not earn your business for dinner. Please give us another chance on your next visit, the food is very good and I will wait on you personally if you like!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was expecting newer and fresher feel. Front desk was very cordial. We used pool, which was becoming crowded with 12 people. Room was okay but had a light burned out beside the mirror. Our fault we had not seen it earlier, but we were all too tired to have maintenance stop. Too bad Hilton had not checked the room for readiness before we entered.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

We absolutely should have caught the light being out when we inspected the room, it is our job to ensure that everything is in working order and I apologize that we did not do so. I am pleased that the staff treated you well and I appreciate the feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Comfort Inn North Polaris
#40 of 146 in Columbus
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
Residence Inn Columbus Worthington

Been to Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington? Share your experiences!