“Good Time”

Ranked #43 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Pickerington, United States
“Good Time”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My sister and I came for a girls night out. We had fun with the hot tub and watching movies in bed. The bed was so comfortable and the bathroom amenities were a nice additive. The room was spacious and there was plenty of room for both of us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We're all delighted that you chose us for your recent outing and we are very pleased you had a good time. Girls Night Out sounds like it could be habit forming...come back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Canton,Ohio
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I was looking for a hotel in the Worthington area and the Doubletree was the one I picked. It is a dated property but is large and clean. The staff was attentive and helpful. It was close to Dining in Polaris and right off the highway as well. I arrived earlier than the 4pm check in, but was able to secure my room, get cleaned up and get to a dinner meeting. Got a good nites sleep and back on the road in the morning. They had an indoor pool (which I didn't use) and pretty much anything you could need on the property that some smaller motels and the like don't have. Priced reasonably and met all my needs. I would consider the property again on a future trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you Jay...I'm glad you found the hotel clean and the staff attentive. We appreciate you choosing us for your brief stay and hope you will return when you can stay longer and take advantage of the indoor pool and other amenities.
Detroit, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed in the hotel twice. My first experience was very good. ON my second trip, however, they screwed up. I was booked for two nights and on the second night they allotted the same room to someone. Imagine you are resting and someone use another ket to enter your room !!!. The problem was rectified immediately. Staff was very courteous. This could be just a one time anomaly but still...

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Ashar K. Simply put…that should never happen. I am sorry that it did and I appreciate your balanced response. I’m pleased you found the staff courteous and the overall experience good. I have addressed the mistakes that led to this incident. I hope we see you again soon.
London
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Let me start off by saying how friendly all the staff are, they're working incredibly hard to provide a stellar guest experience. The problem is that frankly, they don't have much to work with.

This Doubletree is an older property; and it shows. Rooms are in desperate need of a makeover.

Biggest draw back is the noise and lack of insulation / sound baffling.

Walls between guest rooms are thin and flimsy - conversation, snoring, TV noise from adjacent rooms are easily heard. Compactor Garbage pick-up occurs at 4:00am daily on one side of the hotel, on the opposite side, the sound of trucks changing gears and heavy traffic makes sleep extremely hard. If a guest lets their door close on its own, then the walls will vibrate.

Air conditioning / heating is provided by way of mounted units under the windows. Extremely loud and distracting.

Finally, Internet connection is poor and spotty. A 40% signal, during mid-day, when there are few guests sharing the band-width, is, frankly pathetic.

There are many better and newer options within walking distance. Definitely would not recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. Let me begin by saying how delighted I was to read from your review that you found our staff to be friendly and that they provide you with a stellar guest experience. It is our goal to make sure all guests have an exceptional stay; however, I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly noise and Wi-Fi related, and for that let me sincerely apologize. It is through feedback such as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.
Orange, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2014

From the parking area to the top floor all conditions of this Hilton were above and beyond. The staff always greeted you with a smile and ask if you needed any help. I will recommend the Double Tree by Hilton in Columbus to anyone going to Columbus, Ohio. Thanks to all staff members in making my stay pleasant.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you Robert H...it sounds like we did our job and I have passed your kind words about the staff to all involved. A warm smile with the warm chocolate chip cookie, please come back when you are ready for more!
Cincinnati
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Received little service, No recognition of elite status, no upgrade or gift. Poor service at breakfast. Overall this visit was dissapointing when I usually have good stays. Seems as if it is slipping in its customer care area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Message received....I am sorry we fell short. I know you are back this week and we WILL make it right. Thanks for coming back.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The front desk staff was nice, the first room we were sent to had an odor of dirty feet and the toilet would not flush. Was given another room, it was nice but there was something unknown caught in the bathroom sink. Husband cleared that out. Overall, the room was very small and nice. The whole hotel needs upgraded to be more warm and inviting. It is very cold and drafty in the hallways on the main floor. My husband had back pain from sleeping in the bed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
I'm sorry that everything was less than perfect for your stay. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the staff and we will address the concerns you mentioned immediately. Thank you for the feedback.