“Wonderful stay!”

Ranked #46 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
ohio
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We choose this hotel for our stay after attending an OSU football game. We were greeted by a very pleasant front desk employee who made our registration process seamless. We were very pleased with the first impression we had when walking into the lobby and our room. We will definitely stay at this location again in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words and for being our guest...I shared your compliments with the front desk team. I like to think our central location is convenient to all the excitement that the Greater Columbus area has to offer and I'm pleased it worked so well for you. Please come back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Spring Hill, FL, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Good place to stay for Buckeye Games. Enjoyed the warm chocolate chip cookie on arrival and everyone was very good at making sure we had everything we needed. Will stay there again in the future. Several of the couples we go to the football games with stay there also and it makes for a good place to meet and eat.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan O, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your OSU Football weekend. I’m delighted that you enjoyed the cookies and it sounds like the staff did a great job for you as well…that’s why we are here! I hope we see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Doubletree in the Worthington area and it was a very pleasant stay. I stayed there for two days and check in and out was quick and easy (including the warm chocolate chip cookie). I had a corner room with was extremely spacious and the king size bed was very comfortable. The bathroom décor was also nice (granite countertops, nice wallpaper and contemporary light fixtures and large mirror. The only downside was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. The end unit actually had two windows (one when you first walk in) in the foyer area and one in the actual living space. The room looked like a suite, however, it was not. I believe I lucked out and got more space due to the room being a corner. (rm 438). The furnishings in the room were also nice. The room had flat screen tv, desk and chair, and a chair and ottoman, night stands and dressors. I also had the pleasure of ordering room service and the food was good and reasonably priced. I was told the food would be up in 30 mins and it actually only took 15-20mins so that also was a plus. The hotel has several doors to enter the building depending where your room is located; however, you need your key card to access (added security). I did not hear any noise from outside or the neighboring room (again I had a corner room). I would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for and room (i.e. 438) bigger
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the recommendation and for being our guest. I’m delighted you found so many things to like about the place. Please come again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The location is nice and convenient. Lots of restaurants around. However...the bathroom in particular had some issues. Crack in the sink, the bottom of the toilet...there was mold and mildew around the tub grout. Other review say that the hotel was recently remodeled but to make the room looks worn and not recently updated. It doesn't look as clean as I expect from a Hilton/Double Tree. This was just a disappointment to me but it was a last minute trip and I didn't fully check the ratings before I stayed here.

There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. The bathroom was small and had "issues". The bed was comfortable. The internet was reasonably quick and dependable. It was a relatively large room. There is a restaurant/lounge in the hotel and I got a nice glass of wine. I got my cookie when I checked in. The front desk and checkin went smoothly.

It just didn't live up to my expectations of the Hilton/Double Tree brand. I've not seen this at other properties. I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
canton, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great Loacation! Close to Ohio State University (6 Min.) Several quality resaurants within walking distance to the hotel. They range from sports bars to fine dinning. They have a nice indoor pool and restaurant as well. Excellent bang for your buck!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Kermit
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great location, friendly staff & very comfortable beds. Pillows are comfortable as well, but you might want to request an extra, as they are so, so soft.I can't say enough about the location of this hotel; any type of food one would desire is mere steps, and shopping is close by too.I will definitely be staying at this location on my next trip back to the Columbus area.Overall great experience, good value and the location fab!!!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our entire stay was filled with excellent experience. The staff was very helpful in every way. Location of the hotel was closed to highways. Lot of amenties within the hotel, nice restaurant and Mall..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business