“It was fine. No complaints. But not 5/5 either”

Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Ranked #38 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

It was a nice hotel, good staff, and the rooms were nice. For me to give it a 4 or 5 is signaling that it's better than others, and I don't think that's the case. It's just fine and if you're planning on stating here, you'll be satisfied. Just don't let the 4s and 5s lead you to think that you're getting something you can't elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ChicagoOrange

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. Staff was pleasant. Seemed a little expensive for what you get from the hotel. No breakfast as part of the stay. Internet was an extra expense. We had asked for a lower floor since we had two dogs with us and ended up on the fourth floor, which was very inconvenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Frank C, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. I understand that you were dissatisfied with our prices and that you found them to be too expensive. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that we do all we can to create a great experience for each one of our guests. We are actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for your comfort and convenience and will definitely keep you review in mind.

Again, I do thank you for your review and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have gone through. I hope that the next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us at again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 6, 2013

What a great stay in Columbus for our conference. There were smiles all around. The service was fantastic. One problem I know of, Bobby, the technician, solved in short order. The guest was happy, so I was happy! Thanks to the staff and great planning everything went VERY well.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Good location if you need to be in the northwestern part of Columbus. Easy access to interstate. Hotel is immaculate. Rooms are spacious. Hotel staff bend over backwards to be helpfull. Really good food, but kitchen can be a little slow at times. An excellent choice at a reasonable price. I'd recommend it and stay there again.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

stayed one night at the Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington for a business meeting on April 30th 2013. Received an Hilton Honors upgrade for a large corner room on the 4th floor (428). The upgrade cost 5 dollars. Property was well maintained, staff were efficient and friendly, Parking was ample and safe. The area has many hotel properties with many opportunities to get a good meal within walking distance (although there are no sidewalks). The room was large, the bath area well appointed and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were of good quality. The room is equipped with a large LED flat panel TV with HD channels. Only negative: the sound proofing between rooms is not very good. I could hear the conversation in the adjacent room with no effort. GOOD VALUE for a TWO STAR PROPERTY.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors members try for a upgrade on the room. I received my large corner room fo...
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The room was confortable and the bathroom was OK. There was no wow factor. The service at front desk was not great. They did their job and then thats it. No treating guest with a smile or great customer service. If there were another conference at this hotel, I would probably stay at a neighboring hotel.

1  Thank Ana B D
Frank C, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

We appreciate the insight you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your visit and we came up short of delivering a hospitality experience consistent with your expectations. Please be assured that your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality you anticipated.

Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your confidence while visiting our hotel.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent 2 nights at this property for a convention. I found the front desk staff to be somewhat clueless and reluctantly friendly. We were only provided with one key, but we did receive two cookies. Our room was cleaned well by housekeeping, but overall the room was pretty worn out - our granite bathroom counter had a huge split in it, shower curtain did not stop water from flooding the floor and I could tell by the condition of the tile that I was not the first person to experience this problem. The bed was comfortable and the room was of adequate size. The housekeeping and groundskeeping staff were outstandingly pleasant and diligent about their work.
I was under the impression that Starbucks coffee was available at all times, but this was not the case. The bar staff did rustle some up for us in the afternoon, and it was much appreciated! We had the breakfast buffet the next morning, and found the servers to be subpar due to the fact they were understaffed. We had to track one down to see if we just seated ourselves or were to wait. A highlight of the buffet was the omelette chef, whose warmth and humor (and yummy omelette) saved the entire experience from being a wholly unpleasant one. My friend was inconvenienced by the lack of free WiFi.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ptadiva

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#54 of 145 in Columbus
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Residence Inn Columbus Worthington
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington

Been to Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington? Share your experiences!