“OK accomodations” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, United States
“OK accomodations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The room was confortable and the bathroom was OK. There was no wow factor. The service at front desk was not great. They did their job and then thats it. No treating guest with a smile or great customer service. If there were another conference at this hotel, I would probably stay at a neighboring hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Ana B D
Frank C, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We appreciate the insight you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your visit and we came up short of delivering a hospitality experience consistent with your expectations. Please be assured that your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality you anticipated.

Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your confidence while visiting our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent 2 nights at this property for a convention. I found the front desk staff to be somewhat clueless and reluctantly friendly. We were only provided with one key, but we did receive two cookies. Our room was cleaned well by housekeeping, but overall the room was pretty worn out - our granite bathroom counter had a huge split in it, shower curtain did not stop water from flooding the floor and I could tell by the condition of the tile that I was not the first person to experience this problem. The bed was comfortable and the room was of adequate size. The housekeeping and groundskeeping staff were outstandingly pleasant and diligent about their work.
I was under the impression that Starbucks coffee was available at all times, but this was not the case. The bar staff did rustle some up for us in the afternoon, and it was much appreciated! We had the breakfast buffet the next morning, and found the servers to be subpar due to the fact they were understaffed. We had to track one down to see if we just seated ourselves or were to wait. A highlight of the buffet was the omelette chef, whose warmth and humor (and yummy omelette) saved the entire experience from being a wholly unpleasant one. My friend was inconvenienced by the lack of free WiFi.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Ptadiva
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We choose this hotel because the downtown locations were booked and in spite of other reviews we read here. We lucked out, this place is great!
I almost never give 5 stars but this hotel is exceptional as well as underrated. The location while a few miles north of city center is easy to get to and from. It appears to be in a safe area. The building while not new is first rate, clean and well maintained. As are the grounds. The staff was helpful and professional. Rooms were comfortable, clean and attractive.
Parking was free, plentiful, well lit and convenient. The pool is heated, there is a hot tub and a pretty good gym.
I've saved the best for last, the restaurant is first rate. We don't often have dinner in the hotel but were tired so went down stairs for a quick bite and were glad we did. It was so good we went back the next night. Good food, excellent staff, fair prices the only thing lacking was mood music and a little ambiance.
We'll go back.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator can be noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frank W
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed at the Doubletree last night. The decorations in the rooms are stunning. The bedding was incredibly soft. Everything in the room was immaculately clean. I felt like I was at a resort spa. The service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly and the chocolate chip cookies are the best.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Cherrie J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The staff at this hotel goes above and beyond every time I stay here. From the check-in experience, to the restaurant staff, to the employees that you pass in the hallways - they are all amazing! The truly make it feel like a home away from home and I would highly recommend it to anyone that is in the area!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Andra B
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had to stay here for a conference and while the wait staff, bar tender, and front desk folks were great, the room seemed outdated and the accessible bathroom was just a design joke. The walk in shower had a shower curtain that was too short to catch ANY water and the shower head faced the shower curtain! We used three towels a day to mop up water and keep the area from flooding. I had to get wet, turn off the shower, soap up, then pick up the shower head and wash off, but turn sideways to keep more water from going onto the bathroom floor. The room was okay in size, but nothing special and no mini fridge. For an accessible room, it should at least have a mini fridge for folks who have to keep meds cool - such as diabetics who carry insulin. The bed was comfy, but when you got into it, it was like riding on a stage coach with no shocks.. lol. Once you were there, it was fine and they had lots of pillows which I liked. The linens were not the thread count I expected from a Hilton venue, but as I saw at this hotel, everything seemed a bit cheap. We never saw the cookies. We could smell them every minute of the day, but it was amazing the staff said the last one had just been taken and they were making more. ( ??? ) really? for two days? It was an okay stay as the conference was right there on one floor in the hotel, but the rooms could really use a re-model and update. We did have a ripped piece of carpet in our room next to the adjoining door. It wasn't new, so I'm sure they just don't want to replace the carpet. I'm sure the 60s decor should make way for something more modern. Overall, not terrible, but again, I would only stay there if I had to do it again for work.

Room Tip: Don't pick accessible unless you have to and avoid one with a walk in shower with too short curt...
1 Thank totowerenotinkansas
Frank C, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Carbondale, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

When you pull up to this hotel, it looks a little run down. As soon as I entered, I completely changed my mind. The cookies at the front desk were delicious. The staff was mostly helpful and the rooms were clean and updated. I would recommend this hotel!

2 Thank Emily R