“Very comfortable and friendly”

Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Ranked #48 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Very comfortable and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We got a corner room which made it even more quiet. Super Clean and the warm cookie is so delicious. Second time in this hotel and ... I'll stay there again. In order to get my review, I need to type 200 words... I have nothing more to add and I hope there's enough wordings this time around when I click send!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: we upgraded to a corner room... NO NOISE! was great... Although they offered a $5./night upgrade, I...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Josboal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Room - OK.
Staff - friendly and helpful.
Gym - small but functional; pool was not open.
Restaurant/bar in evening - kinda depressing, not enough staff/atmosphere.
Restaurant in morning/breakfast - good, a highlight being omelette chef and good selection.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jamesjcog
Frank C, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed our hotel’s gym, restaurants and rooms. I was especially glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay with us. Our guests’ feedback is incredibly important to us and I appreciate your comments. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have stayed at this Doubletree Hotel two weekends in a row and will go back there again when visiting in Columbus. Clean neat rooms the hotel facilities are in good working order and staff is very professional.

Room Tip: We haven't found a bad room yet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Connie168
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in February 2013. The room was clean and quiet and the furnishings were very nice. The Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries in the bathroom were wonderful! The staff was helpful and friendly whenever we interacted with them.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

The room was clean and well decorated, not your average "Holiday Inn" outdated look. I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights on a business trip and had to eat out for all meals because there was no refrigerator or microwave provided. Also, the leftovers I was able to keep in my room were thrown away one day by the cleaning staff. (Also, the only snacks at the hotel are located in the lobby; $2 snack size chips, etc. -- very over priced).
I've heard that refrigerators and microwaves are available at an additional cost but I doubted my company would pay for these add-ons.

Some of the rooms have tiny bathrooms with a countertop that was so small my bath items were constantly getting knocked over into the trash can. I asked the desk clerk if I could have a different room with a larger bathroom and was provided one right away. The bathrooms are very nicely accomodated with large granite countertops and a heat bulb in the ceiling to keep it nice and toasy.

Each room has a flat screen tv which is very nice and a radio that is mp3 player compatible along with a Keurig-type coffee maker that uses single serving pouches of coffee (there is also free Starbucks coffee provided in the lobby).

I used the fitness room once and, although small, it got the job done-- remember your headphones so you can watch tv while you're on the treadmill! I also took a dip in the pool one night and had the place to myself so I was able to do some laps without getting in the way of other swimmers. The only con is that the pool is on the way to the main elevator with a large window that gives passser-by's a clear look at you.

I ate the buffet breakfast a few mornings in the hotel restaurant and the food was good. There were nice choices and an omlet station that was manned by a cook. If you're not some sort of special member, the breakfast is not included with the stay. I had to stop getting breakfast there because, with tip, the meal was inching towards $20.

All in all, the hotel had really nice facilities and helpful staff for the most part. The beds were extremely comfortable as well. The main downside was that the rooms were smaller than your average hotel (at least the rooms with 2 double beds that I stayed in). I also felt that, for what you got, $130 a night (the cheapest option available) was a steep charge. I heard the Hyatt there is nice and around the same price range, I would have probably preferred to stay there.

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms on each floor that are smaller than the rest, when making reservations, be sure yo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bethel, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed one night in this Hotel, Nov. 23 2012. The day after Thanksgiving. The hotel was very clean, the rooms were large. I was in town for business and to meet up with friends. There are many doors to enter to get to the rooms so listen well. I passed mine the first go around, but then found it. The parking lot had good lighting, and I did not feel afraid to be alone. The hotel was also pretty full, but it was quite quiet! I also had breakfast that was included in my rate, and it was very good, lots of choices. They had thick sliced apple wood bacon- YUMMY! A great place to stay!

Room Tip: I always ask for an upper level room so I never get the noise from "the room above me" in...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We checked in without a reservation and got a decent rate. The exterior of the hotel is a little off-putting, but our room was great. The front desk staff was helpful and cheery especially for it being so late at night.

We slept very well and were refreshed the following morning. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean.

We'd stay here again when passing through Columbus.

• Stayed October 2012