“DOUBLETREE HOTEL IS USED FOR PROSTITUTION STINGS BY POLICE!!!”

Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Ranked #42 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Who would have thought that a fairly decent hotel would allow their property to be used for a prostitution sting operation by the police department??!
I was in Columbus on a business trip. When I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed a sheriff paddy wagon in front of the entrance. There was plenty of commotion. When I was checking in, I asked the front desk clerk what was going on. I was told that the hotel gave PERMISSION to conduct a police sting operation to catch prostitutes at work and conduct arrests. The clerk stated it as a matter of factly like it's an everyday thing. I was shocked and felt very uncomfortable. How can a hotel attract this kind of negative attention with pleasure? I wanted to leave and go somewhere else but the hotel was booked through a third party.
The lobby was clean, modern and well lit. But the room was very outdated with ugly furniture and an old type of a bulky TV. The bathroom had mildew in the tub and around the sink area. I will never stay here again and wouldn't suggest that you do.
I couldn't stop thinking: what would possess anybody who owns a successful business to partake in something like this? It's truly beyond me.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
22  Thank logicallysimple
Frank C, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for posting your feedback and please accept our sincere apologies. We take all comments we receive from our guests very seriously and your suggestions will help us improve guest safety at our property. Health and safety are a top priority and I can assure you these issues are being addressed. Again, please accept our apologies.

We work together with our local law enforcement for training exercises whereby they utilize our location and facilty. My sincere apology for the misunderstanding.

Please contact me directly so we can discuss this further if you like.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed one night at the Doubletree on the way back from Indianapolis heading to the Cleveland area. It was getting late and it was pouring, so I figured that it was safer to stop for the night. Besides I had some work to get done. I stopped at a couple exits along I-270 north of Columbus, but all the places I checked were booked solid. After checking Expedia, I was able to get a room at the Doubletree. Not a bad choice at all. The place was comfortable and clean. The room had plenty of spaceand had all the comforts of home. Plus the internet access (in-room wireless) was free.

There are several places to eat in the area around the DoubleTree, including a few in easy walking distance (the Winking Lizard is the closest). There is a free breakfast buffet with several options.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OhioHick
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Recently stayed at the Doubletree and I was satisfied overall. There were a few issues that I was not too happy about, first when checking in on a weekend when they had an event there w/over 200 people there were only 2 people a the desk. I am not sure if that was because there may have been limited computers available but after driving almost 3 hours the last thing I wanted was to wait in line for 10 minutes. The last thing was once I checked in and after checking beds I find a dried snot on the wall~UGH!! There was also some issues with cleanliness in the bathroom.
But what it lacked in cleanliness its service made up for. Because of that I gave the hotel a 3 out of 5.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank forksbabe
Frank C, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your guest room. We try to be very vigilant in this area because we know how important it is for our guests. Based upon your review, we are actively working with our housekeeping staff so this situation doesn’t happen again. I can assure you that this matter has been addressed. We are also looking at more efficient options of servicing our guests at the front desk during peak times of checking in and out. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you’ll consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Only here for 2 days and nights, it was pretty convenient to my office location. There was a girls’ volleyball tournament nearby so the place was crawling with teenagers with minimal adult supervision. That said, it was still fairly quiet and I never had any complaints about noise. There are several other hotels on the same street and several restaurants and a movie theatre nearby for dining and entertainment. Not a bad stay at all.

Room Tip: The floor layout is a little odd, closer to the elevator might be easier but the stairs near a parki...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BCIcan
Reviewed August 26, 2012

As soon as I walked in, the smell of vanilla was in the air. The lobby was open, clean, and refreshing. The front desk staff was very courteous and gave my husband and I fresh warm cookies! The indoor pool and spa was clean and inviting. The guest rooms ( I was in a smoking bc it was the only king left) had no sign of smoke so that was a relief. We had breakfast in the morning which was also great, made to order omelets were delicious!

This is a well kept but up to date older Doubletree in the Worthington area. There are several great quality restaurants within walking distance. A really nice movie theater basically right across the street and Polaris Mall is only maybe 10 minutes away. Not too mention only a mile or so away from I-270. A great place for families and business travelers!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amberlee W
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree Worthington for two nights.It was outdated. I only stayed there becuase I prepaid and I could not get a refund. It was my anniversary so i called ahead to make sure everything would be nice for my stay, but the front desk clerk blew me off. I didnt sleep well because there was a dog barking all night. I dont understand how this hotel received 3 1/2 stars.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

You cant beat this location...close to highways, great restaurants (all within walking distance!) Nice pool area & work out area, clean rooms. Winking Lizard across street great family place to eat! Close to columbus zoo (another must see!)

Room Tip: First room we were given was substantally smaller then 2nd (they where happy to give us the reg size...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family