I have to say that the $8 million renovation was great. The beds are extremely comfortable and the decor is really nice. Service was good. Max & Erma's Restaurant was very good for breakfast. We had the buffet. No problems with noise. Nice shower and bathroom. Good water pressure. We had adjoining rooms with two double beds in each plus a baby crib. Not much room to move around. 1 office type chair per room.
Nice TVs. Small refrigerator, no microwave. Very close walk to Nationwide Arena (less than 2 blocks).
My only complaint s:
1. The very small pool in the basement. 5 foot deep all over, brick walls, and horrible echo. You can't hear the person next to you if water is splashing or others are talking. There were only two small bench seats. You will get wet if you sit in the pool area. There is only about 3-4 feet of space between the edge of the pool and the walls. Right outside the pool area is a small arcade (about 4 games). The area smells so bad, it almost takes your breath. Very moldy smell (probably carpet). I believe its because the towels are located outside the pool room, and kids are dripping wet while walking out there to get towels. I didn't swim, but the kids said the water was very cold. No hot tub.
2. I asked the valet for my vehicle. When he brought it up, he asked if I needed help loading my luggage. I said yes, but then the valet stood by and held the cart (to keep it from rolling) while I loaded all my luggage into my vehicle upon discharge. He was rude, fat, and lazy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the Arena District, the Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown is attached to Nationwide Insurance and directly across the street from and attached to the Greater Columbus Convention Center. This upscale downtown Columbus hotel is within walking distance of the North Market and fashionable Short North Neighborhood all packed with unique shopping, dining, and nightlife. Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets and host to live performances year-round, and Huntington Park, home of the AAA Columbus Clippers, are just blocks away and are bordered by cobblestone streets lined with trendy restaurants and cafes. Our Hotel features a state of the art business center, coffee bar, and enjoy our tapas and wine menus at our Boulevard Bar. Take in a live concert at the Express Live Pavilion. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown provides a perfect setting for successful business meetings, memorable social gatherings, and exquisite wedding receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Hotel Columbus
- Columbus Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown Ohio