“Beautiful, modern rooms”

Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown
Ranked #51 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 13, 2009

I was very impressed by the rooms at the Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown. They look like they've been remodeled recently as the furnishings are very modern. The room we stayed in was like a suite. It had a small couch and a chair with an ottoman that you could sit in to watch TV (flatscreen) although you could also watch TV from the bed. The mattress was VERY comfortable to sleep on. The bathroom was nice too, and everything was very clean.

The only negative thing about this hotel is the limited parking, which should be expected since it's downtown. You have to pay for parking whether you do valet or self-park.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed April 15, 2009

We stayed one night here for a wedding and it was a nice stay. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. Check-in and check-out were both quick and easy. The elevator gave us some problems on arrival and wouldn't take us all the way to our floor (11th) so we rode up and down and finally it worked. The room service menu was from Max and Irma's which made for a really nice late night snack. The parking was pretty expensive at 21.00 per night but there was really no other option. The hotel is right across from Nationwide Arena and we had a good view of it from our window.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2009

I have nothing bad to say about my stay. The room was clean and updated with some nice features. I only stayed one night, but I was happy with everything.

• Stayed: March 2009
crownekate, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2009

Dear ja507098:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel on tripadvisor.com. We have just completed our 8 million dollar renovation and are glad that you liked the results! We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Safe future travels!

Reviewed April 6, 2009

I don't understand some of the negative reviews this hotel has gotten; I've stayed there at least twice, in December 2006 and April 2009, and it has been just fine. Dirty, uncomfortable, outdated rooms, and an unfriendly staff? Are we even talking about the same hotel, 33 E. Nationwide?
One thing I appreciated about my most recent visit was that though there was a noisy convention in house (a young cheerleaders' competition), the hotel put me on a quiet floor, isolated from that, where I slept just fine. Many hotels spread the noisy conventioneers/prom kids/frat boys around on every floor, so they disturb all the other people in-house.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business

Dear Tsigane:

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown!

I agree with you, I don't understand the negative reviews our hotel has received either. Although, I always appreciate guest feedback, whether positive or constructive, as I am 100% committed to our continuous improvement process.

I am glad that you appreciated the fact that when we do have large groups staying at the hotel, we try our best to put the group together on the same floors. Often the guests with the group are all participating in the same activities: therefore, have a similar stay dynamic in terms of when they sleep and wake, when they are in and out of the hotel, etc. It makes a more pleasant stay for everyone. We truly try to plan ahead to try to ensure our guests receive the experience they are expecting at our hotel, regardless of why they are staying. It's nice to hear our efforts paid off!

We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

All My Best,

Reviewed March 26, 2009

This is an old hotel which they tried but did not succeed in remodeling into a business class hotel. I stayed here for 4 nights and the wireless Internet did not work at all. They do not have wired Internet service. The rooms are okay. The beds are great and the flat screen tv is wonderful but look closely at the room and it is dirty and shows its age.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business

Dear Chris563:

Thank you for the review you posted regarding your recent stay at our hotel as I appreciate any feedback that will help us improve.

I was very disappointed that you were not pleased with the results of our recent 8 million dollar renovation. We have had nothing but compliments, so your review was rather surprising. Everything is brand new in the guestroom, the carpet, furniture, wall vinyl, window treatments, bedding, etc.

During the process, we also made a substantial investment to upgrade our wireless internet system and have had no complaints from guests in the past 45 days.

I do hope you give us the opportunity to prove to you our commitment to clean, comfortable rooms coupled with exceptional customer service. I would be happy to personally set up your future reservations. Please reach back to me at 614.461.2658 if I can be of service.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2009

What can I say? It was a place to stay! The hotel is large but older and the location was close to almost everything . Rooms were clean but not modern and a mini fridge and microwave were brought to my room for the duration of my stay at no extra charge. The staff was very friendly and there is a small store on the first level by the front desk just in case you forgot to bring something. Get in early though because the parking lot stays full Monday through Friday and the only entrance to the rooms is through the front door.

I would have enjoyed my stay a little more if they had more than a handful of television stations most of which were sports. I was also on the 8th floor and had two sleepless nights because of high winds that made a terrible whistling noise through the windows.

Overall, it was an ok place to stay but if I came back to Columbus, I would more than likely choose another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank bluthunder

Dear Chris563:

Thank you for the review you wrote regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown.

Upon reading your comments, I don't think you had the pleasure of staying in one of our newly renovated guest rooms. All of our rooms have now undergone a complete overhaul including the modern touches of cordless phones, 32 inch HDTV flat screen televisions (featuring 30+ channels) with connectivity panels, and mini fridges in every guest room.

I'm not quite sure I understand your concern regarding our parking availability as we offer valet parking to all of our guests as well as self parking availability in the garage directly behind the hotel.

Please contact me next time you are coming to town and I will be happy to personally set up your reservation. I would love for you to give our "new" hotel a chance to make you a "raving fan". I can be reached directly at my office number: 614.461.2658.

At Your Service,

Reviewed February 23, 2009

Great rooms! We had the suite and it was very comfortble for our large group. The beds were very "sleepy" ! Great spot in the downtown area. Easy walk to attractions

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family

Dear MSM6:

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with the world!

I, too, am thrilled about our recent renovation and am very pleased with the results!

We certainly have the best location in Columbus, housed in the Arena District and only a few short blocks from the Short North Arts District.

Look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

All My Best,