“This is the place to stay in downtown Columbus!”

Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown
Ranked #33 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“This is the place to stay in downtown Columbus!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Crown Plaza for the 10 days of the USA Fencing National Championships. The desk staff was knowledgable about the tournament and provided many helpful suggestions about dining and activities in the downtown area. Housekeeping was prompt and efficient. The rooms are spacious and modern.
This will be my first choice the next time that I am in Columbus.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Fencin
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Fencin,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for the USA National Fencing Championships! I am so happy to hear that the front staff was knowledgeable about the tournament and was able to provide you with dining and activity options. I will pass on your kind words to our housekeeping and front desk staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Dirk Bengel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Northbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel in Columbus. Central to everything. Great service. Clean rooms. Walking distance to arena, convention center and a wide variety of unique restaurants. Love the free laundry and convenience of a nice enough work out room.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank jrweininger
Dear Jrweininger,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the location, restaurants, service and clean rooms. This is exactly what we like to hear! Thank you for your kind words; please visit again soon.

miamisburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed for only one night for a wedding, but the hotel was very nice and right across the street from convention center. Jue Leigh at front desk was very nice at check in. Clean rooms but seemed a little on the small side. Never heard a lot of noise like some of the other reviewers. We were on the 9th floor with good view. Nice meeting/dining area with very good food. Dont know what the ladys name was that was coordinating everything that evening but she should get a raise. Definently on the ball! All kinds of restaurants, clubs, nightspots to go to in walking distance. Ran out of beer (bad) but came up with more shortly(good). All in all, nice clean friendly hotel. Some kind of breakfast would have been nice. Could see a couple other hotels across the street with people waiting in line at all times for valet service so was kind of worried about check out but was no problem. Would stay again ,no problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Hessmiester;

Thank you for reviewing the Crowne Plaza! I am happy to hear that you had a great check in with Ju Leigh, and your room was quiet with a nice view. For future reference, we do offer a hot breakfast buffet across the street at Max & Erma’s if you ever find yourself staying with us again. I have passed your review onto the front desk staff, valet, and Vanessa (the lady who deserves a raise). Thank again for your kind words.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I travelled to Columbus on business for 4 nights. I found the hotel to be clean and the staff friendly.
It had every thing I wanted ie a bar and the restaurant (Max & Ermas ) just across the walkway, both sold Guinness.
There is also a coffee shop/ café near reception which always seemed to be open. Every morning I'd look forward to my coffee and chat with Katie who managed to make me smile even at 6am. (Perfect London accent) :-)
There are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance and I even went to the zoo (30 mins drive) and the outlet mall (1 hour drive)
All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Columbus.

• Stayed June 2013
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Teararse,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus! It is always great to hear that we are doing our jobs correctly. I am so happy that you enjoyed the café and bar as well as Max & Erma’s. I passed your kind words onto Katie in the café. Please see us again soon!

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I recently stayed and enjoyed my visit there. I only stayed for one night, but the staff were all friendly and the place was clean. Cleanliness is at the top of my list when looking for places to stay. It is kind of a "business" hotel so I don't think I would want to vacation here, but it is perfectly fine for a few nights. The bed was comfortable and it was a pretty quiet room. I was a little nervous about the noise after some other reviews, but I found no problem. My only complaint, if you want to call it a complaint, is the shower is a little small. I'm an average height person and had to duck a bit, but it served its purpose and again is fine for a couple of nights. The location is great! It is within walking distance to a lot of attractions in downtown Columbus and it is an overall pretty safe area of downtown to be able to walk. However, there are plenty of taxis in the area if you need one. There are also plenty of parking lots within walking distance if you would like to save a couple of bucks and not pay for valet parking. I would recommend the hotel and overall pleased with my visit and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KevK_9113,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. We are so happy that you enjoyed the staff and that our rooms were very clean. The location of our hotel cannot get any better, and it’s great to hear that you got to enjoy downtown Columbus during your stay. We will keep your comment about the showers being a little small in mind when thinking about renovations. Please see us again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Hotel is fine, nothing special, a business hotel. Aircon is very loud (the fan is) and small windows which is really not necessary these days. Small bathtub but comfortable beds etc. Free wifi which is good. Across from convention center which was perfect for me. No good breakfast options, but the convention has some thankfully.

I came back to the room to find the toilet running, and wouldn't flush. I fiddled with the know but still ran, and I called for repair. Then apparently the fiddling worked, because it stopped and was fine. This is about 2 PM. I immediately called back to cancel the engineering call.

At 4.30 when I was IN the bath, engineering came for the toilet! And I had a 'do not disturb' sign on the door. I didn't want to yell, so I ignored him and the guy tried to force open the door - luckily I had the bar across it so the door didn't open - NOT NICE.

They need to do a better job communicating between themselves.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank touchofeurope
Dear TouchofEurope,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. I am glad to hear that the beds were comfortable, and that you enjoyed the free Wi-Fi. I have forwarded your review of the toilet incident onto the Engineering department, as it is never ok to just walk into someone’s room; especially with a ‘do not disturb’ sign. Thank you for your review and bringing this to my attention.

Walbridge, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I attended the Taylor Swift concert at Nationwide Arena on May 8th. We chose this hotel because of how close it was to the arena. Everything was really nice. The staff was friendly, the rooms were nice, but the hallway to our room had a smell that I can't even explain. In the morning when the rooms were being cleaned, the smell had gone away. We were within walking distance to Barley's where we met some friends for drinks and the North Market. With our reservation, we also got complimentary breakfast at the Max and Erma's and it was beyond delicious! If we decide on a show in Columbus again, this will be where we stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Jessica M,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus! I am glad to hear that staff was friendly and the rooms were nice. Please come visit us again soon. I hope you enjoyed the concert.