“The bare minimum I want out of a hotel is sleep”

Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown
Ranked #45 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel was probably fine, but the people next door came back drunk and yelling at 3:15 in the morning. If my colleagues and I hadn't been stuck with an "adjoining room" that has less-than-soundproof doors, it wouldn't have been as much of a problem. The offending guests yelled and slammed doors for 15 minutes before we called the front desk, who promptly sent security to address the issue.
There is no ventilation in the workout room, and with 6 people on 6 cardio machines (all of them), the room gets hot and extremely humid fast - unbearably so.
Room itself was nice, but for $199 a night in Columbus, I expect a better fitness room and better soundproofing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Samanth879,
Thank you for your review. We take the satisfaction of our guest’s seriously here at the Crowne Plaza. Although we cannot control what time other guests staying at the hotel come in at night, we do apologize for the extra noise. Thank you for calling the front staff to handle the situation. The workout room is something we have been talking about updating for some time now. Thank you for the input.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel after attending the Bon Jovi concert at Nationwide Arena. The hotel was very nice with helpful and friendly staff. The room was comfortable, clean and the beds were comfortable. Despite the downtown location, we thought the room was very quiet and did not hear any people in adjoining rooms. In addition, we found the area surrounding the hotel to have plenty of nice restaurants and entertainment. The valet parking was listed as $23 overnight, however, as a priority club member I only had to pay $12 due to a promotion the hotel was offering. I would recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear lmonroe,

Out of all of the hotels in downtown Columbus, we are so pleased that you chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza. Because of the location of our hotel, we have many business travelers who want a quiet night of sleep, as well as other guests who want to go out for a night on the town. We strive to meet the needs of each individual guest, as guest satisfaction is a priority for us. Thank you for the kind words. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The service, accomodations, and attitude of the staff was outstanding. First time in a very long time that I've had that great a stay at a hotel.
Bravo Columbus, Ohio --- Bravo !
the staff was particularly accomodating and responsive --- the bar and lounge area were very nice and even the banquet food was wonderful.

again, Bravo !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Chris748,
Out of all of the hotels in downtown Columbus we are so pleased that you chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza. It is always nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that we are doing our job. I will pass your kind words along to the staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Great location. I had to be at the convention center early each day of my stay and it was freezing outside but the short walk over the covered walkway made my trip to the convention center so easy. I got the breakfast option at Max and Ermas which was pretty good. Fairly standard food nothing exceptional to eat but the service was pretty good. Would recommend this hotel based on the proximity and value.

• Stayed: February 2013
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Out of all of the hotels in downtown Columbus, we are so happy that you chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza. We are glad you took advantage of the breakfast option offered at our Max and Ermas, as well as the walkway to the convention center. It is always to hear feedback about our hotel. Thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Made my day:

- Free shuttle service until 11 p.m. to anywhere within a 3-miles radius of the hotel (this got me closer to Columbus nightlife for less money than a cab and faster than walking)
- Walking distance to both downtown and the attractions of the Short North
- Noon check-out time
- Reception made an error on my bill; it was credited and I was given an additional discount as an apology

Good times:

- Bar on the first floor was a nice place to pregame before going out
- Room service of Max & Erma’s for breakfast was delicious: try the breakfast sandwich!
- Loved the spa and aromatherapy kit they place in each room

Could improve:

- Max & Erma’s is the hotel restaurant, but you have to go outside to get it; it’s just a short walk, but still
- Shuttle is first come, first serve. I didn’t have a problem with that, but just be advised if you are in a hurry. There is a cab stand out front, and you really can walk to great places downtown and in the Short North

Great place to stay for:

- A lot of people staying there were in town for a concert in the Arena District, and many planned to walk.
- I was in town for pure leisure, and this hotel’s location and amenities was perfect for that!
- Business travelers seemed to be in abundance, too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Ohiocitytim,

Out of all of the hotels in downtown Columbus, thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza. Because our hotel is located downtown, we try to cater to the needs and amenities of business travelers as well as guests looking for entertainment. I am glad that you took advantage of the free shuttle service as well as room service from Max and Erma’s! I apologize that the front desk made an error, and thank you for bringing this to my attention. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel, and your review is quite appreciated. Hope to see you soon

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just stayed for one night while I was in Columbus for a concert. It was a very large sized room and even had a mini fridge, the bed was very comfortable and everything was very neat and clean. The staff that I interacted with were very courteous and nice to deal with. I didn't realize that the self parking was so close to the valet area, wish I had realized that before I paid the $20 or whatever it was to valet park. I would definitely stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Nicole6510
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Nicole,
Out of all of the hotels in downtown Columbus, we are pleased that you chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza. I am always happy to hear that our guests are receiving great customer service as well as clean, comfortable rooms. Thank you for your feedback regarding the confusion between self-parking and the valet area. This issue will be brought up in our next meeting to increase our guest’s satisfaction. Thank you again for the kind words, and we hope to see you soon!
Thanks,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Overall nice hotel. My family and I stayed here due to the close proximity of the hotel to the convention center. We were pleased with the convenience of this hotel, and that is really what you're paying for. Our room was small, but nice. If you have small children and are interested in the pool, beware that the pool is all 5-ft deep. We ordered room service several times from Max and Erma's, the hotel's restaurant, and had great, fast service.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Wisegirl05,

Out of all of the hotels in downtown Columbus, thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza. I am pleased that Max and Erma’s provided you with great, fast service, and will be passing this comment along to the staff. The safety of our guests and their children is one of our biggest concerns here, and the depth of our pool is a concern we are looking into. Thank you again, for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Thanks,