“Almost Great”

Ranked #77 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Fort Wayne, IN
“Almost Great”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The rooms are very nice. The atrium is pleasant. Noise level is low. Staff was very freindly. Location is, well, why did they pick this location??? Very near a truck center with semi's coming and going all the time. Convenient to the highway, but can be a little confusing on getting onto the highway.

Wish the rooms had a refrigerator. 2nd & 3rd floor rooms facing inward have a nice view of the atrium.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor facing inward. These have a balcony with a view of the atrium/po...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Likes2Fly-82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have been travelling to Columbus/Hilliard for about a year now, and I won't stay anywhere else. Not because it is a perfect hotel, but because 1) the staff goes out of their way to make me feel welcome and valued. 2) I have seen small overall improvements each time I have stayed. 3) Rooms are clean. 4) Everything is generally working properly.

They recently remodeled their lobby and started a new restaurant, The Bistro. The new lobby gives a modern feel and TVs everywhere. The seasonal fish tacos were awesome! If they update their guest rooms to match the lobby, I'll give them 5 rating.

Room Tip: I've noticed the Wi-Fi signal is strongest on floors 2 and 3.
Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Clean linen, comfortable beds, large size rooms, basic amenities available.
I have stayed here only on business and have found it to be suitable for the purpose.
unfortunately, during the duration of my stay , the restaurant was closed for renovation - the alternative in terms of breakfast available was quite disappointing with very limited options .
With not too many other options close by to the hotel, it can be difficult before a morning meeting

Room Tip: Please check if the restaurant is open / under renovation. Its not located close to other eating opt...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I've been staying here for the past 5 years. I've tried 2 other Marriott locations within Columbus this year due to them being closer to my destination, but I keep returning here. Always clean, always comfortable, always quiet, and there's a restaurant, bar, & market on site. The lobby has quite the "wow" factor as well.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My grandson (age 6) and I were in Columbus visiting my daughter and her family and this was my first experience staying in a Courtyard by Marriott. I enjoyed the experiene. The rooms were very roomy and we had an indoor balcony that overlooked the pool area. We really liked the overall atmosphere of the hotel itself. They had a sitting area off the lobby with couches and chairs where you could watch TV. They also had an eating area where you could purchase snacks and breakfast items. My grandson really enjoyed the pool. The only downside was that there was a hockey tournament in the area and the hotel had a lot of young hockey players (ages 8-12) staying there so it was a little bit noisy. I would stay there again. It was in close proximity to a mall for shopping and numerous restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Virginia O
Jones, Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for years when I travel to Columbus for business meetings. I have always felt safe. The new Bistro style breakfast is more expensive than the old buffet but the food taste great. I happy to see that they updated their fitness equipment with the new remodel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jenfoxj
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel was clean ,but the help in the bistro was not trained properly, and the prices were not affordable for the average family to stay and pay their prices,I could have had a full meal in a resturaunt for a family of four , but for a sandwich , and a few snacks, it was over 47 dollars, I complained about a leaking toilet , they came and said they repaired it, and a half hour later it was still leaking, I complained to corporate , and they told me they were taking care of the problems, and also changing the false advertisement for the hotel including, a Jacuzzi by the pool, not there ,and complimentary coofee in the lobby in the mornings, not there, my advice is to keep driving!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank hunter1228
ColumbusCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus West, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us!

We are sorry to hear your stay with us was not to your complete satisfaction. While we have not been perfect in our very recent transition from the Courtyard Café to the new Bistro, we are continuing to improve upon our ability to serve great food in a timely fashion. All feedback is welcome as we work toward this goal.

Part of the transition to the new Courtyard is replacing various signage and informational documents. The inaccurate information was located in the in-room Guest Directory. We are in the process of replacing these with up-to-date Directories to more accurately reflect our services.

Finally, we cannot apologize enough for our failure to resolve the water leak in your guest room. While things do break, it is our responsibility to ensure they are properly repaired. Our team has discussed this specific issue, and we believe we have a process in place to minimize this type of occurrence in the future.

We take feedback from our guests very seriously, so thank you again for taking the time to provide us with yours!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard
Hampton Inn Columbus West
Hampton Inn Columbus West
#19 of 143 in Columbus
Comfort Suites - Columbus / Keim Circle
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus West

Been to Courtyard Columbus West? Share your experiences!