“Beautiful room”

Courtyard Columbus West
Ranked #67 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband, daughter and myself were in Hilliard for a family visit so we didn't spend too much time in the hotel. I was very impressed with the lobby. It was beautiful. The staff was very attentive and friendly. All doors are inside so it's very safe. The only thing I can say I didn't like was the breakfast isn't free. My daughter got 2 pieces of bacon and a banana and we were charged $5.00 for half a buffet. I would stay again but I will make sure to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jan O

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler and have stayed in many Courtyards but this one is below norm. First, it is a huge hotel oddly located in an industrial area. It has a big atrium with a pool, so the common areas reek of chlorine.
The wifi was weak and slow. Unacceptable in 2013.
The sofa in my room was fraying and there was someone else's coffee in the pot. And I am not a fan of the overpriced breakfast buffet (or any buffet). Many Courtyards have put in cafes where you order what you want and it is freshly made-I much prefer it, but today, I paid $9 for luke- warm oatmeal.
In short, this place desperately needs an update.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 2ta
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for a soccer tournament in the area. The staff was friendly and accommodating--especially considering all the kids running around the hotel. The staff went out of their way for our group but also enforced quiet time--which I am sure the other guests appreciated. Overall, the hotel is clean, although my shower had some rust problems. My mattress had a divot in it and I kept sliding out of bed...but overall, it was a good experience. It would be nice to have more food options available nearby but, on the other hand, it was nice to have a bar inside the hotel--and the bartender was amazingly friendly(but the drinks are a bit over-priced).

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had a birthday at your hotel, which was fine with the manager. By the time we get there at 4:00 until 10:00 we were at the pool. First of i told them it will be 20 ppl there but only 8 was staying tonight. We didn't sign a paper they did not tell us rules and regulations nothing. Nobody even told us we were being loud,next thing you know we getting kick out. The manager to my niece which is only 8. Why didn't the manager talk to me. When they came to my room and said get out my kids was sleep, The next thing u know kids playing soccer everywhere but we get kick out. You manger said cause we was black. IT'S ALOT THAT HAPPEN THAT NIGHT I SUGGEST PPL NOT TO STAY HERE. THEY ARE RACISIT ALOT HERE AGAINIST BLACKS DO NOT STAY HERE.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Walking in, the indoor pool smell had me doubting my company's choice. However, the staff was incredibly friendly and the room was spacious and clean. I was in a 4th floor room overlooking the pool as well and didn't have a problem with noise at all.

The full bar was a plus after 12+ hour days, and the workout facility was decent. If you are looking for a room with a city view, this hotel wouldn't be the right choice, but if highway access is needed, it can't be beat.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The location of this hotel is less than scenic very industrial area so when I arrived I was skepticle. This propert looks like it may have been a renovated Hyatt based on the layout. This Courtyard has a full bar, great full sized indoor pool and just alot of lobby area amentities, not the standard Courtyard layout. The rooms were large and very clean. I have stayed here now three different time and the service at check in has been inconsistant to say the least. It has ranged from what I felt was rude all the way to friendly and engaging. Alwys a different person all three stays. The main thing I think is by far the biggest plus is the affordable price for what you get. I have stayed in like hotels and usually pay $40 more. great value you here for your money.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool are nice and have big balconies
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were leery to stay at this hotel after the most recent review but we decided to give it a try anyway for New Years Eve. The set-up of the hotel is nice. We got a 4th room floor with a balcony overlooking the indoor pool. The kids LOVED the pool. It was very large. There were multiple families in the hotel for NYE but the pool didnt feel crowded at all.

The staff was very nice and helpful. We requested a rollaway bed for our room (we had a 2 queen room and needed an additional bed) and it was in our room within 5 minutes. The staff also brought more towels and washcloths without us having to ask.

Rooms were large. Bathroom was large. TV had many channels. There is only a Waffle House right by the hotel byt, if you travel up one exit, there are a lot of food choices, a movie theater, Dave n Buster's and MORE!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard
Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard
Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites
Columbus Airport Marriott
Columbus Airport Marriott
#30 of 145 in Columbus
Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus West

Been to Courtyard Columbus West? Share your experiences!