“Had my doubts”

Ranked #70 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
kentucky
“Had my doubts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The location of this hotel is less than scenic very industrial area so when I arrived I was skepticle. This propert looks like it may have been a renovated Hyatt based on the layout. This Courtyard has a full bar, great full sized indoor pool and just alot of lobby area amentities, not the standard Courtyard layout. The rooms were large and very clean. I have stayed here now three different time and the service at check in has been inconsistant to say the least. It has ranged from what I felt was rude all the way to friendly and engaging. Alwys a different person all three stays. The main thing I think is by far the biggest plus is the affordable price for what you get. I have stayed in like hotels and usually pay $40 more. great value you here for your money.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool are nice and have big balconies
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were leery to stay at this hotel after the most recent review but we decided to give it a try anyway for New Years Eve. The set-up of the hotel is nice. We got a 4th room floor with a balcony overlooking the indoor pool. The kids LOVED the pool. It was very large. There were multiple families in the hotel for NYE but the pool didnt feel crowded at all.

The staff was very nice and helpful. We requested a rollaway bed for our room (we had a 2 queen room and needed an additional bed) and it was in our room within 5 minutes. The staff also brought more towels and washcloths without us having to ask.

Rooms were large. Bathroom was large. TV had many channels. There is only a Waffle House right by the hotel byt, if you travel up one exit, there are a lot of food choices, a movie theater, Dave n Buster's and MORE!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cooperstown, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed there the night of 11/30/12. At first it seemed to be a nice property. I went out in the morning to find by back window of my car smashed out. 3 other vehicles had damage. The security officer and front desk knew about the vandalism for 2 hours! They didn't notify the police or file a reportI we had to call the police ourself! The general manager showed up and basically did nothing! She lied and was very unprofessional! We called the security company and the night watchman took full responsibility! He was the only honest one! Would have been nice though if he did his job! Did I mention the cars were parked right in front of the lobby door! Stay away from this property unless you want your car vandalized! Bernie B

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bernie B
Columbus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was dealing with both the Courtyard and the Holiday Inn in Hilliard, and the Courtyard was much easier to work with. I got constant voice mails at Holiday Inn, Courtyard I got a person on the phone. I was quoted only one price at the Courtyard while being quoted different prices at the other hotel. This hotel was very organized, and knew who I was when I came in, I felt as if they did want my business. And when we had our party, everything went smoothly and perfect. I recommend this hotel highly for any parties you may host!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We spent two nights for an Ohio State football weekend here and had a very enjoyable stay. We were in Room 419, which was good size, had a king bed, small sofa, desk and chair, and very nice bathroom. The AC/heat worked well. We paid about $135 a night including all the lugs. The walls are thin, however, and we heard a person talking very clearly in the next room. The hotel is modern and relatively new, with a beautiful indoor pool and whirlpool complex, free coffee, free internet access on a computer, and free daily newspapers. The buffet breakfast was standard but good. Parking is free and plentiful, and access from I-70 and I-270 is quick and easy. The hotel is in a commercial district several miles from downtown, Germantown and the university, and you can't walk anywhere except to a Waffle House. The staff is very friendly and helpful, however they advised us poorly by saying we could get a taxi back to the hotel after the football game. In fact, there were none to be found and we had a real struggle getting back to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John D
Nolensville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The stay was acceptable, the front desk staff was very friendly - the room was small, but clean. The design of the room made it almost impossible to watch TV while in bed. The pool and surroundings was set up very nicely.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2CanStan
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Was in town for two nights for the state fair and the columbus zoo. The hotel is ok, not the best location because its in the middle of a factory/warehouse area and unfortunately you can't tell that from the pics of course but is close to the major interstate. The layout is weird because the pool and workout area is in the middle of the hotel with rooms surrounding.The rooms on the first floor have sliding doors and windows that open to the lobby area and pool which I think is kind of weird. The chlorine smell is so strong when you enter the front door it almost feels like you're entering some sort of aquarium attraction. The front desk employee Jordin was very nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The bathroom needed some work done because there was a large rust stain around the drain area and the shower head had holes around it. Housekeeping did not clean the tub daily which is not cool because I have two small children that are too young to shower.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sherry a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Holiday Inn Columbus-Hilliard
Comfort Suites - Columbus / Keim Circle
Hampton Inn Columbus West
Hampton Inn Columbus West
#20 of 143 in Columbus
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard
Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus West

Been to Courtyard Columbus West? Share your experiences!